IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

My main worry about the large price tag for lukaku is that it carys a huge weight and i feel people will get on his back when he is having a dry spell or a few bad games.

When he was on loan it didnt bother anyone but knowing we had spent allmost all of our summer budget and a club record fee on him i think people could get a little less patient with him in the tougher times just based on money.

That being said i still want him but can still see it being a problem if he comes in for some fans.

He is meant to join up with the chelsea squad tommorow so id expect developments fast now.

You could easily get Boney for 18mil or even Remy for 7-8 for that matter. Everyone says but look at the age comparisons. There's no point cause if we buy Rom at 21 he won't be with us at 28 anyway. Buy for today cause we don't know what's around the corner.

What am trying to say is, for what Chelsea are holding out for, you could buy two WC strikers instead.

there are lots of strikers in the uk and abroad. who is available that would fit into roberto's plan?

he sees rom as the perfect fit for everton, he likes what he sees. i think bony would be a good fit personally to, BUT swansea WANT to keep him, so have slapped a silly amount of money on his head. The difference is Chelsea arent really assed if they keep him or not, which makes it better for us. I have also heard that they want 30million, but this would include the 6million we paid to have him on loan last year, taking it to 24million, i have also read online that its 30million euros which is about £22.5

We dont know anything really. until he signs for us or someone else lets keep it friendly. we all have opinions but they are just that :-)

I agree to an extent Matt as he is a very good goalscorer and does have the potential to become a better player but let's have some sensible perspective here he's not the top class player some people make him out to be just yet

Why some have the mentality that it would be our privilege to have him here is beyond me we would shattering our transfer record to do so and likely blowing 95% of our budget on him.

I'd be pissed if we spent anymore than £22m on him tbh as figures of £27m and £30m are being banded around now and with that kind of money we could bring in maybe two players like Remy and Hernandez and still likely have spare change for a decent player or another young prospect.

I know you have to take into account wages and so on but with Barry Besic and the two young lads if and when they sign we've spent peanuts comparatively and for me personally I think that kind of money could be used better across the board

Edited by EFC-Paul

Monday: Buy him not matter what the price. We can't afford to miss out. Stop dithering, just buy him.

Tuesday: A price of 24m is must too steep. He's not worth more than 20m. Get the best deal for him.

Which way will the wind be blowing on Wednesday?

Mine has never changed. Buy him no matter what. I'm convinced this is going to be a massive coup for us. Some of the prices being paid are utterly ridiculous. Mccormack from Leeds 11 million?? 25 for Lukaku is daylight robbery on our behalf. His sell on potential alone is worth the gamble and that 's before you take into account his goals

Everyone say Bony and Remy. For starters, Swansea have said only a stupid offer would temp them. They paid 16 (ii think ) for him, so that means 30 to tempt him. A kopite friend of mine who is quite well informed told me Liverpool baulked at his demands and they pay a lot higher wages than us. Remy will want 100k plus he's apparently on 80k a week at qpr and his transfer would be a lot more than 8.5 million to us a we're not a cl team so that's around 40-45 million in transfer fees and over 200k a week in wages.

We can't afford that it's as simple as that we'll be lucky to get Lukaku bought never mind that amount on 2 strikers.

I think anymore than £24m is too much, but if he signs for us on a permanent deal its another show of intent. And hes risk free, we know he fits in with the squad and the staff, and wont rock the boat. If you sign any other forward who has a premier league record of 1/2 they will be wanting a lot more wages than we can pay.

For me he fits the bill perfectly in so many ways.

Everyone say Bony and Remy. For starters, Swansea have said only a stupid offer would temp them. They paid 16 (ii think ) for him, so that means 30 to tempt him. A kopite friend of mine who is quite well informed told me Liverpool baulked at his demands and they pay a lot higher wages than us. Remy will want 100k plus he's apparently on 80k a week at qpr and his transfer would be a lot more than 8.5 million to us a we're not a cl team so that's around 40-45 million in transfer fees and over 200k a week in wages.

We can't afford that it's as simple as that we'll be lucky to get Lukaku bought never mind that amount on 2 strikers.

Disagree completely. Firstly, if Boney wants a move which we all know he does, you wouldn't need a stupid offer but a tempting offer. So long as they make profit, he will call the shots with a transfer request. Secondly, Remy was set for a fee of £8.5 mil. Whether it be CL team or not he faltered on a medical, or so to speak, this means his value automatically declines as most would not touch him with a shitty stick. Like what happened with ba when supposedly going to stoke and failed a medical.

Disagree completely. Firstly, if Boney wants a move which we all know he does, you wouldn't need a stupid offer but a tempting offer. So long as they make profit, he will call the shots with a transfer request. Secondly, Remy was set for a fee of £8.5 mil. Whether it be CL team or not he faltered on a medical, or so to speak, this means his value automatically declines as most would not touch him with a shitty stick. Like what happened with ba when supposedly going to stoke and failed a medical.

Ok so just Bony alone then.. 16 mil paid they've sold Michu as well remember they'll want 25 minimum. 25 for a 27 year old who could do a Jelavic and flop second season with no sell on value at all who priced Liverpool out of a potential bid or Lukaku, proven over 2 season played here knows the club and with the potential to bring in a huge profit in years to come. Bony equals dead money and higher wages than Lukaku.

Why you would even consider Remy a mercenary trouble causer who has failed a medical and would want in excess of 80k a week is beyond me to be honest but each to their own.

Edited by Paddock

Firstly, who the hell is "Boney", grandad :P

Yes really, if you use the mobile version ghe avatars are really small on an iphone and I need to book an appointment with my own kids to get to use one of the 2 ipads they have after smashing the screen on MY laptop :angry:

Sorry paddock, was question based on the impending school boy name calling.

In other news.