IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Oh ye, he has exit behind his head also. That's got to mean something. Pack it in will ya fellas.

Why couldn't it mean something. It's cryptic to be fair but it's as close as you can get to him going somewhere new.

Could be anywhere granted but somewhere...

My main concern is the fee granted we don't actually know what it would cost to bring him in exactly. My concerns and opinions obviously means diddly squat but I'd be happy with around the £22m mark anything around the £27m-£30m is too much for me

I'd be made up with him coming and fully agree with StevO that he fits the bill but at the higher end of the speculated fee's for me we could do an awful lot with that kind of money because even if he does come we still need to strengthen and there's no point in having a player that can score goals if the the men behind him are lacking.

I just hope something happens in the coming days as it's starting to feel like the infamous Riquelme/Moutinho rumours -_-

* Just seen J's post interesting that it's either a fresh start at Chelsea or elsewhere I can't see it meaning anything else really?

Edited by EFC-Paul

My main concern is the fee granted we don't actually know what it would cost to bring him in exactly. My concerns and opinions obviously means diddly squat but I'd be happy with around the £22m mark anything around the £27m-£30m is too much for me

I'd be made up with him coming and fully agree with StevO that he fits the bill but at the higher end of the speculated fee's for me we could do an awful lot with that kind of money because even if he does come we still need to strengthen and there's no point in having a player that can score goals if the the men behind him are lacking.

I just hope something happens in the coming days as it's starting to feel like the infamous Riquelme/Moutinho rumours -_-

* Just seen J's post interesting that it's either a fresh start at Chelsea or elsewhere I can't see it meaning anything else really?

It's reportedly over. 3 years Paul which either means we are as skint as we think we are or there's still funds available.

Relatively new to the forum but already gathering that there is alot of negativity. Forget the glory days we live in the here and now and Lukaku is far and away the most talented player to even consider playing for Everton. 30m or less and I will be screaming in my cubicle and skipping away on my lunch break. I'm amazed at how little an established PL striker carries weight around here. Why buy two strikers for 30m from other leagues and not be sure of what you are getting? Lukaku 31 PL goals before he turned 21. Done and dusted, now we just need him to agree to play here.

Apart from the massive clubs every club pays on the drip.

I know most transfers are done on the drip these days mate, what I'm saying is if we get him on the drip and no one else comes in we 're onviously potless, if we have the money to buy him outright we could be brokering a deal like this so we can bring in other players as well. It may be the only way we can get him in and buy other players. If it 's the only way we can get him and we get no one else then where the fuck is the money going?

I know most transfers are done on the drip these days mate, what I'm saying is if we get him on the drip and no one else comes in we 're onviously potless, if we have the money to buy him outright we could be brokering a deal like this so we can bring in other players as well. It may be the only way we can get him in and buy other players. If it 's the only way we can get him and we get no one else then where the fuck is the money going?

Even if we have a decent wedge of transfer funds we'd still pay on the drip, it's just how it's done. I wouldn't read too much into how we pay the fee at all.

I'm fucking overjoyed if this turns out to be true. Look at the spine of our team and the ages.. Stones, Mcarthey, Barkeley and (hopefully) Lukaku!! All 23 or under. What a spine to build a team round it's phenomenal with Besic at 21 and some up and coming kids we could be better off than we have ever bedn. Forget Lukakus fee it's a major piece to the jigsaw.