IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I wouldn't touch Benteke with a shitty stick.

I would have done till he did his achilles tendon in.

Anyone name me a footballer that never visibly deteriorated after rupturing one? Yet Liverpool spend 30m on him.

He will be a Joe average striker now. In the right set up where he is allowed to be a charlie austin, John hartson "cross it in" player he will still get goals. Very very good in the air and a very good finisher. But yes he will not be the player we seen at villa pre injury.

I would have done till he did his achilles tendon in.

Anyone name me a footballer that never visibly deteriorated after rupturing one? Yet Liverpool spend 30m on him.

He will be a Joe average striker now. In the right set up where he is allowed to be a charlie austin, John hartson "cross it in" player he will still get goals. Very very good in the air and a very good finisher. But yes he will not be the player we seen at villa pre injury.

Even before the injury I'd have been hesitant to sign him to be honest. He's always been a player that will only thrive in very specific circumstances and that's why he did so well for Villa. I wouldn't have wanted us playing that sort of football consistently. Yeah it'd have been a good option to change things up, but the money he'd have cost to be someone to throw on just wouldn't have been worth it.

Edited by Romey 1878

If koeman comes in I think he will cash in on lukaku more or less immediately.

It will be interesting to see what striker he will go for but look at his saints team... Pelle and long. Hard working operators. I think jansenn could be a goer.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/19/ronald-koeman-lavishes-praise-on-az-alkmaar-striker-vincent-jans/page/1/

If koeman comes in I think he will cash in on lukaku more or less immediately.

It will be interesting to see what striker he will go for but look at his saints team... Pelle and long. Hard working operators. I think jansenn could be a goer.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/19/ronald-koeman-lavishes-praise-on-az-alkmaar-striker-vincent-jans/page/1/

Whoever it is has to score more than Pelle and Long as well as be that hard worker. I know nothing about this Jansenn but it'll be a risk bringing him in because he'll have to adapt to a completely different league etc.

It's all exciting though.

Yet another goal for the big man tonight; if he carries on at the rate of 1 a game in the Euros we might see the fee going even higher.

Did you see his first touch? Absolutely terrible. To say he got lucky is an understatement

Edited by MC11

Did you see his first touch? Absolutely terrible. To say he got lucky is an understatement

Yes, no question, but he does have a strange knack of getting lucky, and when in clear sight of goal he normally makes it count.

All by-the-by really, we nearly all now want him gone and for obvious reasons. Point is though, if we were looking to identify replacements then there are not many who have scored 3 in 3 recently in the friendlies - so goal scorers may not be easy to come by.

Better footballers can be had quite readily without a doubt, but we need the goals because there are not many from the rest of the squad.

Yes, no question, but he does have a strange knack of getting lucky, and when in clear sight of goal he normally makes it count.

Not against quality sides, he has a very strange knack of being an absolute darling of the media though so lets hope he keeps nicking the odd one off teams ranked outside the top 50, and we get a massive payday and fuck him right off

Yep. He's Deffo doing what lukaku does; scoring goals against shite teams.

Hope we get monchi as a sporting director, let's see what striking gems he can unearth. Some of the players he's identified are unreal.

Edited by Hafnia

He scored against Southampton, Man City, Leicester, West Ham , The Shite, Stoke and Chelsea. That's 7 out of the top 10 so I don't se your point

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/10/romelu-lukakus-record-against-top-teams-stops-him-being-world-cl/

I think this article clearly demonstrates that he's somewhat of a flat track bully. The fact that he failed to score in the league after the date of this article is even more damming....

Can we just get rid of this dick head. How dare he devalue our club to the media... the fact that people are still supporting him saying "ooh let's see how another manager uses him etc etc" makes me sick.

He doesn't want to play for Everton. He sees us below him.

Edited by Hafnia

He scored against Southampton, Man City, Leicester, West Ham , The Shite, Stoke and Chelsea. That's 7 out of the top 10 so I don't se your point

Only three of those teams are in the top 6, which was the question I asked you, so thats 4 goals against top sides.

The rest of those teams leaked as many goals as we did or much worse.

Current PL strikers against 'Top 6' opposition. Goals. That's it. No other factors included. (I have included FA Cup and League Cup).

Kane

Man City – 2

Arsenal – 2

Liverpool – 1

Chelsea – 1

Vardy

Arsenal – 2

Chelsea – 1

Liverpool – 2

Lukaku

Liverpool – 1

Man City – 1

Chelsea – 2

Long

Man City – 2

Arsenal – 2

Chelsea – 1

Naismith

Chelsea – 3

Liverpool – 1

Giroud

Man City – 2

Liverpool – 2

Costa

Arsenal – 1

Rooney

I'm no doubting the fact that Lukaku has been a total bellend and his attitude stinks but you can't get away from the facts he's nowhere near as bad, as some make out. His goals (which is his primary function as a striker) prove.

HE should go, he's a complete bellwhop. Don't give a fuck where he goes, as long as we get paid and get a decent replacement in. Someone who offers MORE than he ever did.

Goals are goals yes.... but in all honesty let's look at how many of his 119 club goals have been scored against decent sides?

Well you can pretty much discount his 40 odd anderlecht goals... unless teams that would struggle to exist in league one count.

Of his Everton goals I think it's very fair to say he scores against lesser teams... this has been pointed out and the article above proves it.

I'm sure some people will find a way of making out it does not matter.

Ultimately I'm not too bothered, even if I rated him as highly as some do I would not be defending the classless fool.

Goals are goals yes.... but in all honesty let's look at how many of his 119 club goals have been scored against decent sides?

Well you can pretty much discount his 40 odd anderlecht goals... unless teams that would struggle to exist in league one count.

Of his Everton goals I think it's very fair to say he scores against lesser teams... this has been pointed out and the article above proves it.

I'm sure some people will find a way of making out it does not matter.

Ultimately I'm not too bothered, even if I rated him as highly as some do I would not be defending the classless fool.

Dixie Dean does NOT like this.