IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

out of position Mirallas to play up top and none of them break 10 goals.

MIrralas is not out of position up top, that's where he played before he came to us and was top scorer in the league.

We won't score less with Rom gone, they'll just get spread around,

Edited by Chach

i'm going to laugh so hard when we are stuck with Niasse Kone and an out of position Mirallas to play up top and none of them break 10 goals. Best striker we've had in ages.

So you are saying when we sell Lukaku we won't be buying a new striker? We will be stuck with kone niasse and mirallas up front?

You do know lukaku only hit 10 prem goals last year don't you? The year before 15, last year 18... an average of 14 prem goals a season. Put into context thats Rickie Lamberts average at Southampton... Charlie austin got 18 prem league goals for qpr in his only full season. Jay rodriquez and odemwingie both hit 15 premier league goals...

Caught red handed. Pedant alert!!!!!!

Where did I say I'd be happy we failed? Proof? There is none. See Mike you're reading between the lines and drawing a conclusion where there isn't one. The very thing you call so many of us out for doing. If you read what I said I said when are strikers don't get more than 10, that doesn't mean we fail there are 10 other men on the pitch and they can all score.

Not so fun is it?

You do talk some crap at times.

Lukaku is trying his best to alienate the fans, he's trying to make his position untenable at the club and turn the fans against him. That way the club have no choice but to sell him once the fans have turned against someone (as we seen with Martinez) then there's no going back.

He knows the club may dig their heels in like they did with Stones, he's under contract and if Everton say no he's going nowhere and he knows this also so he is deliberately trying to make noises to get a move.

That's my take on it anyway.

Reading a few posts about this debacle elsewhere... because let's face it is just that.

The lad has been hero worshipped as a beast and what have you... which really was based on "he can finish but imagine what happens when he can control and pass a ball and he gets better". I think it's a bit of infatuation over his intimidating appearance and potential athleticism.

That "size" means absolutely fuck all. It's the size of the fight in the dog that counts not the size of the dog in the fight.

I've seen him comprehensively dealt with by so many average centre halves it's a joke... olssen, otamendi, blind, sakho, Dann, Morgan, even paddy mcnair had him in his back pocket and where is he now? He doesn't win his duels. He relies on not being picked up.

Anyway, some will have you believe he's to be applauded for being ambitious, that they wish all out players were as ambitious?! Well that would be fuckin great reading wouldn't it? 15 players giving classless "come and get me" please whilst their overbearing parents touted them as being good enough for Europe's elite.

The club need to make a statement as this is an embarrassment now. Fine him 2 weeks wages, give the money to speedo mick.

Lukaku is trying his best to alienate the fans, he's trying to make his position untenable at the club and turn the fans against him. That way the club have no choice but to sell him once the fans have turned against someone (as we seen with Martinez) then there's no going back.

He knows the club may dig their heels in like they did with Stones, he's under contract and if Everton say no he's going nowhere and he knows this also so he is deliberately trying to make noises to get a move.

That's my take on it anyway.

Get him sold before the euros in principle. His price will plummet. I think Origi will be the main striker, with the 3 attacking midfielders the Belgians need a striker who can operate across the front and do the work required.

Wilmotts isn't as big a fan of Lukaku as people think. Origi has improved massively in the last year and is ahead of sturridge and benteke over at the shite. Klopp wanted origi when Liverpool got him. I just wish we did.

I feel incredibly let down by him if I'm honest. There's being ambitious and then there's being a disrespectful arse hole, and he is most definitely being the latter. He doesn't need to be like that to get his move, I agree with Pad (and others) in that I believe he's speaking like this to make it set in stone that we'll sell him, and probably for less than we would've pushed for under better circumstances. That grates on me because we've given him the platform to showcase his talents and he's shitting on us now. Yes, we've fallen short the past couple of seasons and his goals have been invaluable in that time, but he's still been a part of that fall.

I've always said I'd be gutted if he left. Not because I particularly like him but because I believe he is a quality player. However, I'm at the point where I think "just go, Rom". We will miss him though, whether people choose to admit that or not. I just hope that we don't feel that too heavily and others step into the void he will inevitably leave.

I feel incredibly let down by him if I'm honest. There's being ambitious and then there's being a disrespectful arse hole, and he is most definitely being the latter. He doesn't need to be like that to get his move, I agree with Pad (and others) in that I believe he's speaking like this to make it set in stone that we'll sell him, and probably for less than we would've pushed for under better circumstances. That grates on me because we've given him the platform to showcase his talents and he's shitting on us now. Yes, we've fallen short the past couple of seasons and his goals have been invaluable in that time, but he's still been a part of that fall.

I've always said I'd be gutted if he left. Not because I particularly like him but because I believe he is a quality player. However, I'm at the point where I think "just go, Rom". We will miss him though, whether people choose to admit that or not. I just hope that we don't feel that too heavily and others step into the void he will inevitably leave.

spot on, I'm getting there too. Still hopin he can be convinced to stay until January though.

"If something happens, it will be for the good of the club. I dont want to leave in a fight, if it happens.

Everton were the ones who believed in me at the time nobody did. I have tried to repay them by doing good performances.

If the time comes, well then you have to talk. But that will be between me and the manager and we have an open relationship."

This was back in March.... disingenuous bastard.

Edited by Hafnia

Get him sold before the euros in principle. His price will plummet. I think Origi will be the main striker, with the 3 attacking midfielders the Belgians need a striker who can operate across the front and do the work required.

Wilmotts isn't as big a fan of Lukaku as people think. Origi has improved massively in the last year and is ahead of sturridge and benteke over at the shite. Klopp wanted origi when Liverpool got him. I just wish we did.

It's true that Wilmots isn't a big fan of Lukaku, but he has confirmed that Rom will start as number one. Whether or not that lasts longer than the first half against Italy remains to be seen though.

I would agree that if he has to be sold, it needs to be done before the euros. Belgium does not play to his style at all and it will be Brazil 2014 all over again. His value could drop by 10+m£.

I agree with you about Origi; he could have had a great tournament if Funes Mori hadn't made that retarded challenge.

It's true that Wilmots isn't a big fan of Lukaku, but he has confirmed that Rom will start as number one. Whether or not that lasts longer than the first half against Italy remains to be seen though.

I would agree that if he has to be sold, it needs to be done before the euros. Belgium does not play to his style at all and it will be Brazil 2014 all over again. His value could drop by 10+m£.

I agree with you about Origi; he could have had a great tournament if Funes Mori hadn't made that retarded challenge.

Could have been a perfectly timed injury if that makes sense. A few weeks off... not too much cardiovascular fitness lost.

I hope he has an amazing Euro's, I don't think he will, buy I really hope he does so we can get as many pennies as possible for him.

When reading his recent comments, it does feel like a big let down. The club have given this lad a chance. Now he's talking like this.

I've always said I like that he is ambitious. I don't mind that. I've also thought in the past that talking about wanting to go to the top level is fine. But only if you put the performances in to match that ambition. Only if you continue pushing hard for your current club and fans. Right now he has stepped over the line of what is acceptable and what is not. Now he is just shitting on the club and its fans.

This is poor.

And prospective new clubs and it's fans will be reading his comments too. And they'll be thinking the same as us. Every time he opens his mouth like this, he makes himself a higher risk. Clubs/fans will start weighing up the risk vs talent. Is he a Ibrahimovic or a Balotelli?

agreed newty, we should all hope he wins golden boot and sells for 80m to PSG or Real. the good thing is that belgium squad is stacked with talent, so if they can get him the ball around the goal he's a great finisher.

side note: what a summer. Euros and Copa America Centenario. Great time to be a football fan.

Haf, I was trying to talk about what the club could do going forward and you still want to bring up the same old argument, even when no one is having the argument with you. Taking the piss now. We've all see the quotes, we all agree he needs to go, hence why I've been trying to steer the conversation towards the future but you insist on going over old ground. You keep saying the same thing over and over, even when people are agreeing with you. You won't get people saying he isn't a great player because most of us think he is, I don't get why you keep peddling it. We all agree with you that he has to leave. What else do you want from everyone? Are you happy to keep posting the same thing that we've lot listened to for years? Now, more than ever, people are agreeing with half of your point of view. I don't get what you want. I'm going to start a new thread, about possible replacements, bring up this old crap and I'll just keep deleting it.

Haf, I was trying to talk about what the club could do going forward and you still want to bring up the same old argument, even when no one is having the argument with you. Taking the piss now. We've all see the quotes, we all agree he needs to go, hence why I've been trying to steer the conversation towards the future but you insist on going over old ground. You keep saying the same thing over and over, even when people are agreeing with you. You won't get people saying he isn't a great player because most of us think he is, I don't get why you keep peddling it. We all agree with you that he has to leave. What else do you want from everyone? Are you happy to keep posting the same thing that we've lot listened to for years? Now, more than ever, people are agreeing with half of your point of view. I don't get what you want. I'm going to start a new thread, about possible replacements, bring up this old crap and I'll just keep deleting it.

10.20pm last night... new interview from Rom. I don't get your point. It's the same theme but a new interview. Completely relevant.

Check any forum, twitter and it's the latest topic point.

Prior to that yes we discussed who we could sign. Lacazette, janssen, bony,giroud, batshuayi....

It's all there.

Edited by Hafnia

It wasn't a new interview, it was the same interview. Different line released by a different media source. But you replied directly to me asking about other players by going over the same crap we've read for the last few years. It's exhausting just reading it again and again. I can't wait for him to go now, but then you'll probably still keep talking about him then anyway. Or at least until you fixated on someone else the rest of us like.

It wasn't a new interview, it was the same interview. Different line released by a different media source. But you replied directly to me asking about other players by going over the same crap we've read for the last few years. It's exhausting just reading it again and again. I can't wait for him to go now, but then you'll probably still keep talking about him then anyway. Or at least until you fixated on someone else the rest of us like.

The last sentence is very telling. It's not about me versus anyone else. It's about me having pointed about very very relevant comments for a long time that were just dismissed using goal stats. How infuriating is that?

You among others have used the subject to get bites and now the topic has turned in the way that I always thought it would even down to the "down tools" and attitude its a case of "not playing anymore"

I wasn't playing in the first place. There is nothing to win here, no winners unless we get a nice chunk of money to spend on quality replacments. When he played well I was delighted and gave praise. However I pointed out time and again that I thought it would be short lived and it always was. I've had his character sussed from the off unfortunately.

I won't miss Rom, I will miss the odd game where he threatened to rewrite centre forward play. Too many people hung on to that hope too much.

Edited by Hafnia

Get bites? I stopped reading after that. You've been on here long enough to know I don't try to get bites. I come here for discussion. You on this subject is not a discussion, it's a 1000 page Tommy gun of your opinion! You have said the same thing for years and even when people have exhausted the fact that they don't want to carry on discussing it with you, it becomes another couple of pages of you saying the same thing. Maybe it's took this long for it to piss me off so much, but this thread isn't a Romelu Lukaku thread, it's a Hafs opinion thread. But then that's just my opinion and I'm only trying to get bites anyway.

What does Lukaku have that makes him so special, really? Yes, he scored a good number of goals, but he's in a position to score them. I'd think most any player would score more goals as a lone striker than he would in another position.

But I'm constantly baffled at how clumsy he looks with the ball, most of the time. (When it's not a single tap from a cross, or "the goal" against Chelsea.) His passes are often wayward, and he gets dispossessed seemingly all the time.

Anyway, I know it's not an "easy" role. (Look at how much more competent he appears than Kone and Niasse.)

I thought Benteke could have been a good replacement, but for his horrid play since he moved to LFC.