IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

If he wants to win a trophy then play like you want to win a trophy! dont just talk about it.

This. If you want to win things, you have to work for it. Leicester didn't win the league by only putting the effort in when they felt like it, and moaning about each other.

So we need a striker that works hard, says nothing, shows respect, scores goals, affordable and willing to go a team who finished in the bottom half of the league two seasons on the bounce?

Now there's a strawman argument.

How's about a striker who knows where the net is, has good fundamental attributes, is a team player with a good attitude.

Edited by Hafnia

But that is what we want isn't it?

Well could go the other way and say:-

A professional who can control and pass a ball to a team mate like most others do.

Someone who can jump and win a header against smaller players

Someone who fancies putting in some hard work for £75k a week.

Someone who doesn't rely on one foot.

Someone who respects the people who have paid him £13m for his services....

Given the fact that we paid the £28m it takes to buy such a player it shouldn't be too hard.

Edited by Hafnia

Then Haf the point I was getting to was can anyone name someone. So far Vardy has been mentioned, but he won't be leaving Leicester and is probably a little to old so won't be good value. Can anyone else name someone? I'm not up on other leagues around the world but as Rom is going I'm interested to see what options people think are realistic.

Then Haf the point I was getting to was can anyone name someone. So far Vardy has been mentioned, but he won't be leaving Leicester and is probably a little to old so won't be good value. Can anyone else name someone? I'm not up on other leagues around the world but as Rom is going I'm interested to see what options people think are realistic.

They are out their Steve, ook at Payet at West Ham, granted he isn't a striker but clubs get them, Mahrez at Liecester is another one. I guess my point is that no player is irreplaceable.

I'm not saying he's irreplaceable Pad. I want to know who people want to replace him. We have a lot of lads on here who follow other leagues and have a much wider knowledge than me. My worry is that we may not be able to attract the players we want but that's another issue anyway.

I'm not saying he's irreplaceable Pad. I want to know who people want to replace him. We have a lot of lads on here who follow other leagues and have a much wider knowledge than me. My worry is that we may not be able to attract the players we want but that's another issue anyway.

Get the Straq back mate ??

I've already said elsewhere vincent janssen, lacazette (West ham been invited to make another bid), bony, giroud (cheaper and effectively similar to Lukaku but better in the air), there is a load of strikers who would love to play in the premier league.

That was a good read.

Haf, Giroud is unrealistic, not to mention doesn't score enough goals for a forward in that team.

Bony, not for me.

Lacazette, spelling, I've heard lots of good things. Would like him from the bits I have read, that's if we can compete with West Ham and the bright lights of London.

Anyone else know of any replacements?

That was a good read.

Haf, Giroud is unrealistic, not to mention doesn't score enough goals for a forward in that team.

Bony, not for me.

Lacazette, spelling, I've heard lots of good things. Would like him from the bits I have read, that's if we can compete with West Ham and the bright lights of London.

Anyone else know of any replacements?

alexandre lacazette from lyon

michy batshuayi from marseille

inaki williams from athletic bilbao

borja from atletico madrid (currently at eibar on loan)

pierre-michel lasogga from hamburg

I posted them a while back as replacements

I wonder if it would at allbe possible to loan him to a CL club, have him fail there, and then get him back the year after.

He'd have learned the grass isnt always greener on the other side. Better work rate and attitude.

Or is this out of the question?

If he hasn't understood the expectations of an Everton player after 3 years then he really can get to fuck. Maybe we could hold his shirt number, his parking space, his locker whilst he has his wake up call?

Alan Ball once said "once Everton touches you nothing will be the same"... that is true when it comes to proper football players who allow themselves to be a part of the club. This lad has not shut his trap since the day his ego walked through the door.

Won't be missed.

Gets it pretty much bang on. Says it all.

It's too late for Lukaku now. He's destroyed his relationship with Everton and the fans.

It's a bit if a Moyes moment again...appreciate what you've done, but you ain't as big or good as you think you are.

If he hasn't understood the expectations of an Everton player after 3 years then he really can get to fuck. Maybe we could hold his shirt number, his parking space, his locker whilst he has his wake up call?

Alan Ball once said "once Everton touches you nothing will be the same"... that is true when it comes to proper football players who allow themselves to be a part of the club. This lad has not shut his trap since the day his ego walked through the door.

Won't be missed.

Absolutely spot on

Absolutely spot on

And that's Alan Ball... arguably one of the greatest midfielders England has produced, world cup winner when he was only 21 (wonder what his first touch like at that age?)... up till then was rejected by two clubs for being too small. Made his quality, will to win and team work define him, not his stature - barked at Nobby Stiles in the final when he seen him wilting "run you bastard".

There an awful lot our 6ft 4 14 st "beast" could learn from this legends story. He won't though.

The days of players feeling like Bally did are gone. He had a side that was competing, now we don't. Footballers do see us as being special anymore. No more than we see our employers as special. To many it's just a highly paid job. The more we progress under Moshiri the more we will see mercenaries coming to the club, the only thing they will show their loyalty to is the bank balance. But that all comes with progression, the top clubs challenging for the league see it all of the time. If we want to be up there we need to get used to it.

The days of players feeling like Bally did are gone. He had a side that was competing, now we don't. Footballers do see us as being special anymore. No more than we see our employers as special. To many it's just a highly paid job. The more we progress under Moshiri the more we will see mercenaries coming to the club, the only thing they will show their loyalty to is the bank balance. But that all comes with progression, the top clubs challenging for the league see it all of the time. If we want to be up there we need to get used to it.

Leicester aside.

Very true Mike, but I did say top clubs. I think they may end up with a couple of mercaneries this summer. Though I'm sure any player they sign will pretend to be interested in more than just the money.

Edited by StevO