IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

No favourites under Moyes? Really?

Phil Neville.

No more words needed.

A terrible attempt at a spinoff that Mike, you're seriously getting desperate of late. Clearly meant that there was no rumours of fallouts, certainly nowhere near as many as under Martinez and he was only here 3 seasons.

I think the only one was Van Der Meyde but who can blame him, wasted talent addicted to booze and drugs.

I know it's off thread but here's how I image it worked under Martinez.

The guy had his favourites. The favourites were "yes men" (Jags, Barry Cleverley types) "yes sir, how high sir". He was a major control freak very obnoxious off camera. Anyone who questioned his authority were "dealt with".

Speculation yes but that's how I picture it. There was none of this under Moyes, no rumours of fallouts and Moyes was a strict disciplinarian but a fair one at that.

I think a lot of this boiled down to Martinez personality. As I've said in the past a charlatan and bullshitter.

Moyes and favourites???

He played Neville and Cahill to the point of past being finished. Barkley was on the bench waiting to go another championship team whilst moyes was starting a leggy neville in midfield and replacing him with centre half heitinga.

Cahill basically carried getting started when it was clear he was finished in the prem and we needed a second striker to play rather than seeing Saha and Jelavic continue to be sacrificial pawns to get him in and around the box.

It took him an age to play Coleman at right back despite hibbo being well Tony Hibbert... he even played Hibbert at centre half when we had future world cup winner mustafi in the squad, and Eric dier and Duffy as the youth prospects.

These things happened under moyes.

Did we? I cant actually think of one striker under moyes who was given the focus that Rom had under Martinez. Most at times were used as channel runners to allow a Cahill or felli the space to attack the central space from deep.

yes, go back and watch some Jelavic or Anichebe starts after Cahill left, they were target men to hold the ball up and they were not great. Rom is light years ahead of them flaws and all.

yes, go back and watch some Jelavic or Anichebe starts after Cahill left, they were target men to hold the ball up and they were not great. Rom is light years ahead of them flaws and all.

Well there lies the problem... none of them are target men. Jelavic started like a goal machine till moyes did what moyes does to strikers and ruined him, Vic??? Right winger wasn't he under moyes.

Yep I think someone needs to revisit the archives. Andy Johnson.... now there's a goalscorer turned winger.... Moyes even made RVP look like RSVP

Moyes and favourites???

He played Neville and Cahill to the point of past being finished. Barkley was on the bench waiting to go another championship team whilst moyes was starting a leggy neville in midfield and replacing him with centre half heitinga.

Cahill basically carried getting started when it was clear he was finished in the prem and we needed a second striker to play rather than seeing Saha and Jelavic continue to be sacrificial pawns to get him in and around the box.

It took him an age to play Coleman at right back despite hibbo being well Tony Hibbert... he even played Hibbert at centre half when we had future world cup winner mustafi in the squad, and Eric dier and Duffy as the youth prospects.

Another numbskull.

P.S Cahill was class fella.

Moyes and favourites???

MC was talking about fallouts and losing the dressing room. It didn't happen in Moyes era. Even when he was not renewing the contract the players didn't mutiny. That's what MC is referring to. That Martinez was only here 3 years and it all went to shit, so he must have done something or Jones that assistant or something.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Well there lies the problem... none of them are target men. Jelavic started like a goal machine till moyes did what moyes does to strikers and ruined him, Vic??? Right winger wasn't he under moyes.

Yep I think someone needs to revisit the archives. Andy Johnson.... now there's a goalscorer turned winger.... Moyes even made RVP look like RSVP

Your spin on shit is almost as bad as MikeO's.

Jelavic in the end was just shit! Anichebe was played on the right because we had fuckall else available. The squad was thread bare. That's why there was always square pegs in round holes.

MC was talking about fallouts and losing the dressing room. It didn't happen in Moyes era. Even when he was not renewing the contract the players didn't mutiny. That's what MC is referring to. That Martinez was only here 3 years and it all went to shit, so he must have done something or Jones that assistant or something.

I certainly never read it that way and I've read read it.

Moyes was great at managing players who realised how lucky they were to play for Everton. Moyes was very good at vetting the personalities of players to understand they weren't dick heads like Rom.

Under moyes Rom would not have got past his first public outburst. He would have been out.

Moyes wasn't very good at managing big egos. That's why I wouldn't have him in a progressive club. Villa is ideal.

I don't see the problem with managers having favourites. Surely that's a natural human instinct? Especially when it's a same sex situation.

Moyes did have fall outs though...Big Dunc, Van Der Meyde, Drenthe straight off my head.

Buy again...what's the issue? It's a load of blokes full if ego and testosterone. Look at us lot on here. You think fall outs never happen at any club? Happens all the time.

Martinez never lost players because he was an arsehole, he lost them because he wouldn't change his 'philosophy' when everyone else could see it wasn't working. It cost him hos job...so who really cares anymore?

I don't see the problem with managers having favourites. Surely that's a natural human instinct? Especially when it's a same sex situation.

Moyes did have fall outs though...Big Dunc, Van Der Meyde, Drenthe straight off my head.

Buy again...what's the issue? It's a load of blokes full if ego and testosterone. Look at us lot on here. You think fall outs never happen at any club? Happens all the time.

Martinez never lost players because he was an arsehole, he lost them because he wouldn't change his 'philosophy' when everyone else could see it wasn't working. It cost him hos job...so who really cares anymore?

All volatile Mavericks over a span of 11 seasons. Not sure you can call Distin & Mirallas Mavericks never had trouble anywhere else in their careers.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/518365/Chelsea-transfer-news-Romelu-Lukaku-Everton

This lad seriously can't shut the fuck up...

Out of courtesy he may listen to Moshiri??? You are under contract for 3 years you fucking gobshite.

He gets his trophy winning mentality from Chelsea??? You never won a medal with Chelsea, you bottled a penalty in the super cup final just like you did in the semi final for us.

Is this lad as dillusioned as martinez?

He then quotes sky sports pundits as liking him... did he set it to record when carragher said he marked himself out the game. Or when Harry redknapp said he walked further with his dog than lukaku runs....

Edited by Hafnia

All volatile Mavericks over a span of 11 seasons. Not sure you can call Distin & Mirallas Mavericks never had trouble anywhere else in their careers.

Ha. Still 3 more than the previously stated 'none'...and that was just a there and then think.

To be honest, as I said, I'm not arsed. It happens at every club a lot of time. Just because it's not in the The Mirror or on Sky Sports News, doesn't mean it never happens.

A lot of guess work goes on with these things. Maybe every player who Moyes never played meant that he fell out with him?

Serious question to all now...had Distin ever mentioned a fall out? Been gone a year, no snippets anywhere? I can imagine Mirrallas speaking out if there has been a fall out, he seems that type.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/518365/Chelsea-transfer-news-Romelu-Lukaku-Everton

This lad seriously can't shut the fuck up...

Out of courtesy he may listen to Moshiri??? You are under contract for 3 years you fucking gobshite.

He gets his trophy winning mentality from Chelsea??? You never won a medal with Chelsea, you bottled a penalty in the super cup final just like you did in the semi final for us.

Is this lad as dillusioned as martinez?

He then quotes sky sports pundits as liking him... did he set it to record when carragher said he marked himself out the game. Or when Harry redknapp said he walked further with his dog than lukaku runs....

Haha. The lads lost the plot I think!

Can't believe the 'I'll listen to Moshiri out of courtesy' line or the 'I've had a good season.....' (no, you had a good 3 months!!!).

In fact, the whole lot is laughable now.

Surely he hasn't said that shit? He's meant to be smart!!!

Haha. The lads lost the plot I think!

Can't believe the 'I'll listen to Moshiri out of courtesy' line or the 'I've had a good season.....' (no, you had a good 3 months!!!).

In fact, the whole lot is laughable now.

Surely he hasn't said that shit? He's meant to be smart!!!

Quotations.... he can sue them if it's untrue.

i'm going to laugh so hard when we are stuck with Niasse Kone and an out of position Mirallas to play up top and none of them break 10 goals. Best striker we've had in ages.

But Martinez has gone now?!!!

If you don't think we can bring in another striker to score goals, then fool you.

I wouldn't say Lukaku was/is the best striker we've had in ages (mind, depends on the actual timescale of 'ages'!), but he certainly benefited from being able to actually play as a striker in an attack minded team.

In this modern set up of having a lone striker supported by 3 attacking mids, I think a lot of strikers are finding there are more opportunities to score the goals as they are the focal point. And most of a strikers goals are coming inside the box. Very average fowards are getting 10 - 15 goals per season.

I'd actually love a small nippy skillfull one on one finisher. Someone who makes his own goals. Who doesn't rely too much on service.

I ain't asking for much am I? Suarez anyone? In fairness someone in the Di Natale mould. But obviously young.

Edited by MC11

i'm going to laugh so hard when we are stuck with Niasse Kone and an out of position Mirallas to play up top and none of them break 10 goals. Best striker we've had in ages.

You'll laugh hard if we fail?

I'll comment no further; nothing needs to be said.

This thread has been a fucking mess of Haf arguing with everyone for the last three fucking years. I've tried to turn it into a fresh discussion but you can't help being a twat about it. I'm out of ideas.

More like Haf sticking to his original assessment whilst Rom does the occasional promise of massive things only to revert to type.

Steve its another new interview from the best striker we've had since we bought supposed top end strikers. Talking about his need for trophies and his link to top sides of which he's never played more than a few games for.

We could have probably debated all those strikers out there that we couldn't have got for £50m if he never did another interview. Shouldn't be too long before he goes and we can get on with slating cannon fodder like mcgeady, niasse, barkley probably.

Does anyone think he intends to come back? I think he's making it impossible on purpose.

You'll laugh hard if we fail?

I'll comment no further; nothing needs to be said.

Caught red handed. Pedant alert!!!!!!

Where did I say I'd be happy we failed? Proof? There is none. See Mike you're reading between the lines and drawing a conclusion where there isn't one. The very thing you call so many of us out for doing. If you read what I said I said when are strikers don't get more than 10, that doesn't mean we fail there are 10 other men on the pitch and they can all score.

Not so fun is it?

He's running scared, went to shit second half of season, fluffed his lines every time he was up against it, better footballers in front of him for the Euros

65 million lol, over priced and overated.

And when its all done and dusted and the bios are published we'll no doubt find out what a treacherous kent this guy really was.