IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Please explain why that is a strawman argument??? I think you need to understand what a strawman is. A strawman argument is "you want to sell Lukaku? Ah so you are OK with getting relegated are you?

For the record all of Roms goals bar 1 have been in the penalty area. Yes he did miss about 5+ y yard box tap insurance from deulofeu, he also managed to get a fair few off him. A courageous, hard working striker would have got lots more.

Lacks heart.

I see Harry Kane is still on your hit list... I would swap Lukaku for him or Vardy in a heart beat. Would Luksku get in the England team ahead of them? Not a chance. May make squad at best ahead of Rashford.

You argued against his prem goals stats, using his Belgium ones to devalue them. Had you even heard of Vardy last year? As for Kane missed a pen, and was shockingly offside for first goal. Lucky to be in the prem never mind the England squad. W

Stop strawmaning trying to devalue his goals, the link says premier league goals not total including ones Haf doesn't like.

That wasn't a straw man, nobodies argument was misrepresented, at worst it was a cherry pick which is unlikely or he would have mentioned 1 of those two goals was against Villa and the other Stoke.

As for the service, its very likely we would have lifted at least one of those domestic cups if he could take a simple chance and control the ball first with his first touch, let alone put away pens.

$65 million lol, him and his old man must be panicking now Bobby isn't around to talk about how he's in an incredible moment of form during a period when he couldn't hit a barn door.

That wasn't a straw man, nobodies argument was misrepresented, at worst it was a cherry pick which is unlikely or he would have mentioned 1 of those two goals was against Villa and the other Stoke.

As for the service, its very likely we would have lifted at least one of those domestic cups if he could take a simple chance and control the ball first with his first touch, let alone put away pens.

$65 million lol, him and his old man must be panicking now Bobby isn't around to talk about how he's in an incredible moment of form during a period when he couldn't hit a barn door.

I did just laugh at the "incredible moment of form"... how did we cope?

Yep. I think Martinez carrot vs stick was the wrong approach with Lukaku. He needed a good bollocking for his 'efforts' the fact that baines got railed for an honest team based comment and Lukaku got away with pimping himself out whilst doing fuck all was a disgrace.

You argued against his prem goals stats, using his Belgium ones to devalue them. Had you even heard of Vardy last year? As for Kane missed a pen, and was shockingly offside for first goal. Lucky to be in the prem never mind the England squad. W

Funny enough yes I had heard of Vardy. I used to chat regularly with Dave Nugents dad and he told me all about this lad who was like Michael Owen in his pomp. I didn't really pay too much attention to Leicester at that time but Nugent was very good mates with Vardy and I have no doubt Vardy would know what a great club we are... could we buy him? Doubt it.

As for Kane... best putting that shovel away now. Most who didn't rate him have held hands up and said "fair play... he proved me wrong". There is not a club in the league that wouldn't have him, the vast majority bar maybe man city would start him.

He's spouting again today. Check out the "martinez lost dressing room" on SSN he needs to go ASAP

Lukaku said: "The team did not perform at all. We won two of our last 11 games. When things are broken between the manager and the players, it become difficult.

"Wherever I go, I want to win prizes. During Leicester's title ceremony, I was standing just 10 metres from the trophy. I just stared at it for two minutes, forgetting to get on with the warm-up. I thought to myself, I want that."

Who the fuck does he think he is???

Paraphrased... "we" did fuck all because we didn't get on with the manager... he got sacked because of us... not that it matters by the way cos just in case you didn't know I'm off anyway, I want to win a trophy"

Well guess what Rom, no one stunk the gaff out more than you. Your attitude was a joke. You had a great opportunity to win a trophy or two this season. Man city second leg you allowed otamendi to make you his his after you visibly wilted when he gave you a tackle in first 5 minutes.

Then the fa cup semi final? To be honest I'm surprised United haven't sent you a medal. You effectively won them that game.

Now please just do shut up and get lost.

Edited by Hafnia

He thinks he wants to win things, and because our manager fucked up the season hes had enough. 2016, he's not been great, but not a single player really has. There is one person who "stunk the gaff out" the most and that was Martinez, who was responsible for the team and effectively cost us big.

Edited by Matt

He thinks he wants to win things, and because our manager fucked up the season hes had enough. 2016, he's not been great, but not a single player really has. There is one person who "stunk the gaff out" the most and that was Martinez, who was responsible for the team and effectively cost us big.

I don't give a shit if the chuckle brothers are stood there in the fuckin dug out with their ipads calling the shots. You play for the badge and the fans.

The one player who has had full support of the manager, never getting dropped, kissing his arse to the press, who bought him when he was a loan player deemed not good enough for Chelsea let him down.

I really don't understand you defending him here. One player who should shut the fuck up after his complete bottle job in the semi final is Lukaku. The other players seem to have kept their mouths shut. He's a tit.

Michael ball called it out when it happened... he said Lukaku would derail the team after his comments away on international duty. It jappened; that's for sure.

I know you defend him but ffs this is Everton not some Sunday league team. He needs to learn some respect.

Edited by Hafnia

I don't give a shit if the chuckle brothers are stood there in the fuckin dug out with their ipads calling the shots. You play for the badge and the fans.

The one player who has had full support of the manager, never getting dropped, kissing his arse to the press, who bought him when he was a loan player deemed not good enough for Chelsea let him down.

I really don't understand you defending him here. One player who should shut the fuck up after his complete bottle job in the semi final is Lukaku. The other players seem to have kept their mouths shut. He's a tit.

I didn't defend him then, I even acknowledged that this year he's not performed. I pointed out that Martinez mismanaged him and the team and is ultimately responsible. Simple as that.

You're going to be so bored on here when he's gone you know :P

Edited by Matt

I didn't defend him then, I even acknowledged that this year he's not performed. I pointed out that Martinez mismanaged him and the team and is ultimately responsible. Simple as that.

You're going to be so bored on here when he's gone you know :P

Martinez is gone, he thanked the players and was dignified. Lukaku? Basically blamed the manager.

Martinez overindulged him, he thought he was undroppable... so yeah maybe that was mismanagement.

Martinez is gone, he thanked the players and was dignified. Lukaku? Basically blamed the manager.

Martinez overindulged him, he thought he was undroppable... so yeah maybe that was mismanagement.

It was, one example of many from Martinez. Such a shame really, brought together an exciting, promising young team and then completely derailed it by being stubborn and not playing to peoples (not just Roms) strengths.

Like we've said though, he's gone. I'd like to say he paid the price, but since we shelled out £12m to get rid of him, that's not really true - the club did.

edit: as for Lukaku coming out and explaining, aren't you always waiting for auto-biographies for the same information? Or is that acceptable once some time has passed. Not being a dick here, just curious.

Edited by Matt

It was, one example of many from Martinez. Such a shame really, brought together an exciting, promising young team and then completely derailed it by being stubborn and not playing to peoples (not just Roms) strengths.

Like we've said though, he's gone. I'd like to say he paid the price, but since we shelled out £12m to get rid of him, that's not really true - the club did.

edit: as for Lukaku coming out and explaining, aren't you always waiting for auto-biographies for the same information? Or is that acceptable once some time has passed. Not being a dick here, just curious.

People don't bring out autobiographies to get a move. This is all part of a deliberate plan to get sold... it's a disgrace.

You know that's not true :lol:

First he blames his team mates now the manager! Unfortunately for him all's il remember him for is missing a penalty I didn't think he should've been taking in the first place!

It's a toss up whose the biggest between him and good old Rodger Lukaku!!

I feel for all those kids aged around 8-14 who see him as a hero. He needs to be reminded of this. Me? I cant wait for him to go.

I recall being spellbound by Lineker at that age, my brother being older liked him but seen the difference in the 84-85 team to the 85-86 team. One player scored the goals with the team set up for him versus the all goalscoring 84-85 side.

None the less Lineker had a top world cup, we got a big offer and sold him. No pimping himself out. We made the call. Won the league the next season.

Edited by Hafnia

I've never jumped on the beast bandwagon or been overly critical of him I've always tried to sit on the fence but his attitude along with his dad and agents just leave me wanting the lad gone

He's a good player on his day but he has far to many basic flaws in his game he'll be exposed on the bigger stage as not being as good as some think he actually is, he won't get away with throwing his arms up in the air when a ball doesn't go straight to his feet when he should have timed his run better or having such a piss poor touch etc

He's been as poor as everyone this season and he doesn't get any grace from me in that regard so trying to pin the blame on others is just showing his inflated ego which I'll gladly see the back of along with a large profit

Edited by EFC-Paul

I've never jumped on the beast bandwagon or been overly critical of him I've always tried to sit on the fence but his attitude along with his dad and agents just leave me wanting the lad gone

He's a good player on his day but he has far to many basic flaws in his game he'll be exposed on the bigger stage as not being as good as some think he actually is, he won't get away with throwing his arms up in the air when a ball doesn't go straight to his feet when he should have timed his run better or having such a piss poor touch etc

He's been a poor as everyone this season and he doesn't get any grace from me in that regard so trying to pin the blame on others is just showing his inflated ego which I'll gladly see the back of along with a large profit

Very fair post.

I really don't know where he will end up.

If Mourinho goes to UTD he wont want him, he certainly isn't Guardiola's type of player and id be surprised if Chelsea bought him back. He isn't good enough to play for R.Madrid or Barca and his Dad has stated it wont be the Italian League.

PSG are the only ones left who can afford him and they have apparently bid for Higuaín.

PSG would be perfect as he will get his goals there many other teams i think he'd end up a bench warmer.

Michael ball called it out when it happened... he said Lukaku would derail the team after his comments away on international duty. It jappened; that's for sure.

I know you defend him but ffs this is Everton not some Sunday league team. He needs to learn some respect.

Although I don't agree with your assessment of Lukaku as a whole this post is absolutely bang on probably the best post you've ever made.

How quickly he forgets that Martinez is the reason he came to Everton in the first place. I know Bob screwed up royally at the end of last season, I can understand someone like Mirallas or Baines or even Jags saying it, but Martinez brought Rom here and it comes across as rather backstabby.

I have to laugh at him acting like he's bigger than the club when he missed a penalty in the semi final. Get the fuck over yourself, Rom.

Although I don't agree with your assessment of Lukaku as a whole this post is absolutely bang on probably the best post you've ever made.

That lot across the park let players know about it should they start spouting off.

I'm not saying for one second we should set fire to shirts etc but once upon a time players knew that the fans were their boss. Mcmahon with blue paint on his car etc is excessive but we've gone from that to more or less defending egotistical players devaluing our club.

Got to stop.

Lukaku said: "The team did not perform at all. We won two of our last 11 games. When things are broken between the manager and the players, it become difficult.

"Wherever I go, I want to win prizes. During Leicester's title ceremony, I was standing just 10 metres from the trophy. I just stared at it for two minutes, forgetting to get on with the warm-up. I thought to myself, I want that."

Who the fuck does he think he is???

Paraphrased... "we" did fuck all because we didn't get on with the manager... he got sacked because of us... not that it matters by the way cos just in case you didn't know I'm off anyway, I want to win a trophy"

Well guess what Rom, no one stunk the gaff out more than you. Your attitude was a joke. You had a great opportunity to win a trophy or two this season. Man city second leg you allowed otamendi to make you his his after you visibly wilted when he gave you a tackle in first 5 minutes.

Then the fa cup semi final? To be honest I'm surprised United haven't sent you a medal. You effectively won them that game.

Now please just do shut up and get lost.

what is wrong with wanting to win a trophy? in america we call that drive and determination and a goal to strive for. who the fuck does he think he is? he thinks he's a footballer that wants to win. Not phil "we'll give it a go" nice guy jagielka. i want winners not nice guys.

what is wrong with wanting to win a trophy? in america we call that drive and determination and a goal to strive for. who the fuck does he think he is? he thinks he's a footballer that wants to win. Not phil "we'll give it a go" nice guy jagielka. i want winners not nice guys.

If he wants to win a trophy then play like you want to win a trophy! dont just talk about it.

I want winners too, winners don't blow 4 clear goalscoring chances in a semi final and miss penalties and blame everyone else.

I want winners who are focused on the team, not spending their warm up looking at a trophy. Maybe he should have spent 10 minutes watching a Vardy highlight reel to see how forwards are meant to work for their team.