IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Who do you replace him with then? A club of our stature will struggle to find as striker as good as lukaku for a long time.

I don't know, but there has to be someone we could get who is closer to Rom's ability than Bony. The drop off would be too fucking huge for my liking. If Bony is all we could get then £65m wouldn't be right for the club and I'd be perfectly happy if the club told the bidder to do one.

Who do you replace him with then? A club of our stature will struggle to find as striker as good as lukaku for a long time.

Why would we? We don't need to enter the "big name" player merry go round to replace him good scouting and management can unearth a player with his ability, had many heard of some of the standout players of this season a year or two ago?

He's a very good player and I do rate him highly but he's not world class and is not irreplaceable, £65m and I would snatch any clubs hand off and reinvest

For me i don't think you replace him with 1 player like for like but £65m could get us 2 very good strikers, for me Bony & Berahino could both be bought and still have money left over.

Edited by Dean

You don't need a world class forward to compete though do you.

You need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net and a team that will create chances.

Are Vardy and Kane world class?

Exactly my point and £65m is what I'd deem a fee for a world class type player and we would be daft not to take it if true

Axe the deadwood and sell on a few of the current squad and promote the younger lads to the bench and reinvest in the first eleven, adding three or four players of real quality that change our shape and the dynamics of the side could cover any loss from Rom and bring more goals from other areas

For me i don't think you replace him with 1 player like for like but £65m could get us 2 very good strikers, for me Bony & Berahino could both be bought and still have money left over.

Two very good strikers and then you name Bony and Berahino :major overreaction alert: :P

The only players that we could realistically get with premier league experience are Bony, Berahino, Remy or Igahlo and none of them particularly tickle my fancy, taking anyone from outside of the prem in order to replace a first choice striker is a big risk.

I understand 65 million would strengthen other areas of the squad but I really think we need to build a team around Lukaku in order for us to be taken seriously and to show the club has ambition.

Imagine if Liverpool never sold their big names, they'd have one of the best squads in the world right now.

As good or as hyped?

For me his hype far exceeds his ability. His hype is formed based on those occassional performances where he looks the real deal.

Let's be honest, I've seen Louis Saha give some of the most classy, forward player displays in an Everton shirt only to revert to a lacklustre yet very talented player for a few games... did he get the same hype? No.

Is it because Rom is 23 people just assume he's going to lose the mindset that makes him lazy and lacking the right hunger??? No. Unless they do brain transplants that ain't gonna happen.

£65m???.. snap anyone's hands off that offers over £50m IMO.

The only thing to replace with Rom is goals, he offers nothing else really. Have a look at strikers who have scored 15-20 prem league goals... he's averaged 14 prem goals over the last 3 years.

His importance to the team is way overplayed. We will do much better with a more grounded, rounded player who understands the meaning of the team. That player will cost alot less than the £65m we are supposed to be able to get for lukaku.

Ighalo had 15 goals for Watford? He's not even close to world class, with the right set up you could easily have a 20 goal striker for not mega money, but then that begs the question how many would lukaku score with the right set up?

Ighalo had 15 goals for Watford? He's not even close to world class, with the right set up you could easily have a 20 goal striker for not mega money, but then that begs the question how many would lukaku score with the right set up?

It's funny, people said the same about Adebuyor.... 'set up'... took a while till they realised that scoring goals or system wasn't a problem for him just his ability to turn up.

Two very good strikers and then you name Bony and Berahino :major overreaction alert: :P

ha all about opinions, Bony was great for Swansea never fully had a look in at City and i think he'd be perfect for us and a realistic choice. Berahino is a young talented footballer, right price id take him.

Bony has a very good goals to minutes record. It's all you can judge him on in terms of goals given the fact that city have the best striker in the prem who plays when fit.

Good solid all round player who would improve us over lukaku. I would like to look at lakazette though a younger hungry player who looks a live wire.

Lukaku's dad is just stirring the pot I very much doubt anyone would be sold or bought till we have a new manager.

Would Lukaku move if Mourinho was appointed? I doubt it and his Dad's a shithouse for saying he needs to move to improve he's a far better player now than when he joined so why wouldn't he improve here?

£65 mill is a nice price. You'd have to take that for a player who's real focus seems to be elsewhere. I'm sure that's as much due to the words in his ear as it is his own mentality.

Replacement wise? Well, we are getting carried away talking about world class options. This sniff of money seems to have gone to our heads. We can't offer European football. Have finished 11th 2 years in a row. We are going to find it hard to attract an established top striker. In that sense, better the devil you know, might be more worthehile sticking with Lukaku.

Get the scouts out!!!

Not a big fan of either myself Dean I think Bony could be decent again at the right club

There's an abundance of players out there not many had heard of Lukaku before his stint at WestBrom the same can and will happen again there's players out there to be unearthed, people flapped when Rooney went who was at the time a much better and rounded player then Lukaku but we got better as a side from it

I know it's easier said than done but a good eye and scouting can produce the players we need sometimes it takes the right player for the right system Leicester are testament to that

£60m+ and I'd drive him anywhere for that and even buy his knobhead dad a coffee

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'm absolutely sick tio the back teeth of this fellas agent and famuily disrespecting us. Forget all the "but he's anbitious" shouts his people have continually disrespected Everton time and time again . No it's not him saying it (although he's had his fair share himsrf) but he can speak out against it or privately tell them to stip.

There's bo Martnez here to massage his ego or kiss your arse and give in to his drmands anymore. If he doesn't want to be here then he can fuck off we'll be fine without him.

I'm at the point now where Zi just want shut of him and I'm tired of him and his people constantly thinking they're better than us. Would I prefer him to stay? Of course I would but not at the expense of him talking us down and himself up all the time.

In short, if he's not happy fuck him off, move on and get a player who wants to be here in.

I'm absolutely sick tio the back teeth of this fellas agent and famuily disrespecting us. Forget all the "but he's anbitious" shouts his people have continually disrespected Everton time and time again . No it's not him saying it (although he's had his fair share himsrf) but he can speak out against it or privately tell them to stip.

There's bo Martnez here to massage his ego or kiss your arse and give in to his drmands anymore. If he doesn't want to be here then he can fuck off we'll be fine without him.

I'm at the point now where Zi just want shut of him and I'm tired of him and his people constantly thinking they're better than us. Would I prefer him to stay? Of course I would but not at the expense of him talking us down and himself up all the time.

In short, if he's not happy fuck him off, move on and get a player who wants to be here in.

His dad seems like the biggest prick of them all, but you're right in saying that Lukaku could possibly have some influence over stopping it, if he truly wanted.