IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Ahhh sorry.... I forgot to put in the bit about which players deemed themselves too big for this team/club and spouted shit to thd press about champions league all that good stuff. Bit of a childish trap really.

Let's cut to the chase... he's never been an Everton player, I never liked him from the off, technically poor, lacks heart but big strapping lad who knows where the net is. Looks good on a mouse Matt and his surname looks betters that johnson or beattie on the back of a shirt.

Yep, while the rest of the team were just fucking brilliant !

Get a grip, you must be the only Blue that's bitter he had a purple patch pushing his price up! Everyone has seen him lose his form.....amongst many who've never really shown any this season.Other than the cups, it's been another rubbish season.Lukaku has at least at times put a decent shift in, hence his price increase and the fact he's finished top of this forums MOM ratings.

He made you look a twat at times, get over it.

Do you have an alarm that rings when this thread is activated? Edited by Hafnia

I'm really looking forward to seeing who comes in for Rom, he, and the team have not been the same since him and his old man started publicly discussing their ambitions for next season.

50 million, hasn't scored in 8 games?

I'm really looking forward to seeing who comes in for Rom, he, and the team have not been the same since him and his old man started publicly discussing their ambitions for next season.

50 million, hasn't scored in 8 games?

He'll score a bag full at the Euro's he isn't even trying for us like I said he's scared of getting injured I think. Sell him after when everyone is raving about him hopefully.

He'll score a bag full at the Euro's he isn't even trying for us like I said he's scared of getting injured I think. Sell him after when everyone is raving about him hopefully.

Is he even going to get a run in his current form?

He hasn't scored in his last 5 outings, at this rate he'll be behind Benteke and Origi

If you have any sense get money on origi being Belgium top scorer and maybe tournament scorer. Has the work rate, technical ability and athleticism to bind the ridiculous attacking midfielders the Belgians have.

I think he will be their main man.

I just think that while all we see is niasse, Cleverley, mccarthy and a few others getting slated then let's put the spotlight on the man who a good few weeks ago piped up about leaving the club for champions league... since then he's contributed the square root of fuck all, missed sitters to take us to an FA Cup Final and basically not given a shit....

Essentially he's proven me right on many fronts and won't be around much longer to offer the humble pie. Thanks for the odd sparkling performance Rom... other than that enjoy your Turkish league trajectory career.

Rom is shit. Shame he's the best we've had in almost 30 years.

It's a shame that he's the only striker we've been able to spend good money on in 30 years. Rooney is the best we've had... no question.

I would argue that in the martinez set up saha yak and rooney would have slotted a load.

What is it that makes him good? to me he's completely overrated, a lazy, gifted athlete with a poor touch and a knack for finishing when his head isn't up his arse.

I will say it right now... his career will follow a similar path to Adebuyor. Another player who will do it when he fancies and becomes a well paid journey man who pisses off fans galore.

Edited by Hafnia

I think I want us to sell him just so this thread can be closed. Even if we just make a million on his transfer.

This has become so repetitive and dull.

My brain hurts. I have to check the dates and see if it really is new content.

The dead horse has now become pulp.

It's a shame that he's the only striker we've been able to spend good money on in 30 years. Rooney is the best we've had... no question.

I would argue that in the martinez set up saha yak and rooney would have slotted a load.

What is it that makes him good? to me he's completely overrated, a lazy, gifted athlete with a poor touch and a knack for finishing when his head isn't up his arse.

I will say it right now... his career will follow a similar path to Adebuyor. Another player who will do it when he fancies and becomes a well paid journey man who pisses off fans galore.

We're on a unity ticket on this one, as much as I have enjoyed him when he's in form, he's just not an Everton player in our current set up, and he's never going to be a complete striker, one day he will realise that himself (when he hasn't got Bobby wrapping his little feeling up in cotton wool) and that will be the start of his downward trajectory.

We were so keen to demonstrate our "ambition" that we spent all our money in the one shop and with hindsight, I think the team has collectively suffered.

Hope he stays so this thread can continue.

Got to be one of our busiest threads

Everyone says it's the same boring stuff, yet they all seem to make a huge effort to keep it going strong.

Roms like marmite.

Edited by Shukes

I think we'll get at least one more season out of him. Hopefully all of the scouts and managers world wide will read this and take Hafs opinion that hes shit rather than the rest of the footballing worlds opinion that hes really quite good and does the only thing that actually matters in football, putting the ball in the net, and they might decide they don't want him. Then our new manager can turn him into a 40 goal a season striker and win us the league.

I think we'll get at least one more season out of him. Hopefully all of the scouts and managers world wide will read this and take Hafs opinion that hes shit rather than the rest of the footballing worlds opinion that hes really quite good and does the only thing that actually matters in football, putting the ball in the net, and they might decide they don't want him. Then our new manager can turn him into a 40 goal a season striker and win us the league.

I've been waiting for a full season out of him since he arrived... I think what he does is he turns up for 2 in 7 games and sends Kenwyn Jones to stand in for him in the others.

Rom also needs fans who stop fawning over his supposed brilliance and judge him the same way as if his name was naismith, kone or niasse.

It's quite remarkable that lukaku has the ability to eradicate memories of complete and utter lazy arsed performances with a goal....

does anyone apply the same methodology to Tim Howard having a poor game but all is forgiven when he makes one world class stop? Does anyone let James McCarthy get away with passing 5 feet sideways all game because he made one great tackle???

No but our lone striker who has for the best part of a season a lad who was fizzing balls into the 6 yard box for fun gets away with it because of stats....

If we look at the league... these are the teams he has scored against this season.

Stoke

Norwich

West ham

Palace

Leicester

Liverpool

WBA

Sunderland

Villa

Bournemouth

Southampton

To a degree he's a flat track bully... a player supposedly a man for the big occassions. His highlight this year was against a Chelsea team in the cup who have been beaten by almost everyone.

John... a short and accurate response. You would think strikers are an endangered species the way this lad gets away with his half arsed antics and media spouting bollocks. He's done a decent job scoring goals, but he's a very limited player aside from that.

To a degree he's a flat track bully... a player supposedly a man for the big occassions. His highlight this year was against a Chelsea team in the cup who have been beaten by almost everyone.

Actually Chelsea under Hiddinck were unbeaten in sixteen domestic matches when we beat them that day so that comment's a bit irrelevant.