IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

What a fucking ball ache his performance was yesterday.

He had a great game for the most part - his touch was a bit hit and miss, but generally it was a good, his hold up play was absolutely fine and at times his marker had no chance to get the ball off him, he challenged aerially all game long (he's rightfully criticised for not bothering sometimes), and he put in one perfect ball for Cleverley in the second half. Inch perfect.

That would all be great if he was a midfielder but he's a striker and he's there to score goals, and he failed at that yesterday. I'll write one of the headed chances off because he was on the stretch, but the rest he should be doing better with. He looks almost hesitant to pull the trigger - like in the Derby when it allowed Sakho to get back to make the challenge.

Argh!

I'm just leaving this alone for a bit. He did ok in terms of effort, his touch I'm sorry was shit. A professional footballer should not have a touch like that. The money touted for him is mental, grab it with both hands. The kid is vastly over rated.

Simply put... a half decent player in a normal situation would have netted 3 yesterday. It was a complete Stuart Barlow job. If that was kone or niasse the fans would have gone berserk. Because it's Rom it's a sympathy job.

My hope would be that Rom reflects.

I feel he owes us now.

He should feel like he needs to prove himself to us and any suiters.

You want to be a CL player? Then be one Rom. Help turn us around and build a CL team.

It's easy to walk into one, loads of wannabees have done it and disappeared with thier trophies.

To build something takes heart and commitment.

I really don't think his touch was that bad yesterday. It's just that two occasions when it was bad scuppered goal scoring opportunities, so they obviously stick in the mind in a huge way.

A good few times he had the ball and was dispossessed easily. Wasn't he great mate.

A good few times he had the ball and was dispossessed easily. Wasn't he great mate.

Yeah if that was a champions league match, he would get slated for that performance, he has a long way to go before he is consistent enough to be a champions league club striker!

Rom didn't have a great match yesterday but he worked his ass off (which is what we're always hearing is wrong with him--that he thinks he's bigger than the team and is lazy). The other players also didn't have great match, but of course their threads aren't touched (bar Jags' for some reason).

It's glaringly obvious that some on this forum jump at the opportunity to slate Lukaku.

There are a plethora of reasons why the result ended the way it did.

Just to name a few: TC missed a couple of sitters; Besic was demolished at RB; Barkley lethargic on the ball, once again.

Oh, and yeah, Lukaku should've been more clinical. Everyone played a part in that crap.

I don't know why I read this thread anymore.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Rom didn't have a great match yesterday but he worked his ass off (which is what we're always hearing is wrong with him--that he thinks he's bigger than the team and is lazy). The other players also didn't have great match, but of course their threads aren't touched (bar Jags' for some reason).

It's glaringly obvious that some on this forum jump at the opportunity to slate Lukaku.

There are a plethora of reasons why the result ended the way it did.

Just to name a few: TC missed a couple of sitters; Besic was demolished at RB; Barkley lethargic on the ball, once again.

Oh, and yeah, Lukaku should've been more clinical. Everyone played a part in that crap.

I don't know why I read this thread anymore.

No other players are talking about leaving the club. Besic is not a RB, Cleverley is a midfielder who did his job and was unlucky. Rom is a striker who missed the penno exactly the same as his previous one. He miscontrolled the shit out of the ball. He missed sitters...

Oh let's praise him because he tried his best. Yay! Well done for not being a lazy fucker Rom. the rest you had over the last 4 games has helped.

The biggest question for me currently is whether Haf can break 1,000 posts in this thread before Rom leaves, currently on 913; we're all behind you mate you can do it!

It's a bit like watching an episode of Man vs Food :P.

952+65 in the crossover Rumouarama thread, think that counts. Member for twelve years and one in fourteen posts on a guy who's been with us for the last three seasons; call it instinct but I think Haf has an issue with Rom :lol:.

That's obviously where the gripe comes from. He talks about wanting to play in the Champions League. Fair enough...have your ambition. But play like you belong at that level.

I've no issue with young players stating their ambition, or any player of any age actually, but stay respectful to your current employer who pays your hefty wage and, more importantly, put in the performances.

A player talking how he talks shouldn't have these issues and problems that he has. Think of Ronaldo before he went to Real, Suarez before he went to Barcelona. They stated what they wanted to do but their performances for their club stayed strong.

Just focus on your job now and if you do well enough, the reward will come. That's how life works.

Just focus on your job now and if you do well enough, the reward will come. That's how life works.

So I'm told but no matter how well I focus and do my best Angelina Jolie and Sandra Bullock are never waiting for me when I go to bed at night. Must be doing something wrong :(.

952+65 in the crossover Rumouarama thread, think that counts. Member for twelve years and one in fourteen posts on a guy who's been with us for the last three seasons; call it instinct but I think Haf has an issue with Rom :lol:.

Thanks mike I've been wondering the stats on this. 1 in fourteen, still not a better strike ratio than rom ;)

No other players are talking about leaving the club. Besic is not a RB, Cleverley is a midfielder who did his job and was unlucky. Rom is a striker who missed the penno exactly the same as his previous one. He miscontrolled the shit out of the ball. He missed sitters...

Oh let's praise him because he tried his best. Yay! Well done for not being a lazy fucker Rom. the rest you had over the last 4 games has helped.

That's all fine and dandy but you just proved my point. You get annoyed when others make excuses for Rom; however, you're now making excuses for Besic and TC.

Go figure.

Talk or not, none of the players are performing to standard.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Over your head once again.

Well use the fuckin tom Cleverley thread or Muhammed Besic thread and stop getting a titty lip when lukaku gets stick in the lukaku thread.

Over my head?.... Oh give yourself a lollipop.

Edited by Hafnia

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think it's fair to say we've seen all we are going to from him. Caught the match on replay.... may as well have stuck big dunc on because despite being years past it and unfit he'd have offered more.

Just hope his performances haven't affected the fee seem may get.

Well I think it's fair to say we've seen all we are going to from him. Caught the match on replay.... may as well have stuck big dunc on because despite being years past it and unfit he'd have offered more.

Just hope his performances haven't affected the fee seem may get.

Not one single player has looked remotely interested in the past few weeks, so I'm really, really surprised that you have singled out Rom

Caught the match on replay.... may as well have stuck big dunc on because despite being years past it and unfit he'd have offered more.

Yep, while the rest of the team were just fucking brilliant !

Get a grip, you must be the only Blue that's bitter he had a purple patch pushing his price up! Everyone has seen him lose his form.....amongst many who've never really shown any this season.Other than the cups, it's been another rubbish season.Lukaku has at least at times put a decent shift in, hence his price increase and the fact he's finished top of this forums MOM ratings.

He made you look a twat at times, get over it.