IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Actually Chelsea under Hiddinck were unbeaten in sixteen domestic matches when we beat them that day so that comment's a bit irrelevant.

Is it as irrelevant as the fact that this same "visibly tired" Chelsea team had just been beaten and knocked out of the champions league just 3 nights before? Who drew against stoke and just about beat norwich the game before that?

Nope.

Point stands... it's a shit Chelsea team who have since lost to Sunderland, city, Swansea,

Is it as irrelevant as the fact that this same "visibly tired" Chelsea team had just been beaten and knocked out of the champions league just 3 nights before? Who drew against stoke and just about beat norwich the game before that?

Nope.

Point stands... it's a shit Chelsea team who have since lost to Sunderland, city, Swansea,

I can see the headline now...

"Shit team goes on sixteen match unbeaten run!"

Not quite sure of the point or relevance here? If you go on to Twitter and search on McCarthy, Barkley, Robles etc, tweets in the last 24hrs include comments such as 'Stealing our money', 'on holiday mode', 'Start putting a shift in for our fans', 'the worst goalkeeper av ever seen! And av seen some stinkers', 'Also Tom cleverley is right up there with the worst Everton players I've ever had to witness' etc. etc.

Essentially, most of the players and certainly those where expectations are higher due to their previous highs, are getting slaughtered on Twitter. I suspect that if Tom Cleverley hadn't been hounded off there previously whilst at Utd then he'd be receiving massive stick again now, irrespective of whether it's justifiable or not.

It's not off twitter... it's a newsnow feed. Just kinda getting pissed off with the usual player scapegoating. Zero goals in 9. Not ons performance in any of them...

If we get anything offered that is decent get rid and quick. Bad attitude.

Howard / Robles are the worst goalies they've ever seen? I can think of much worse.

Indeed, and that is precisely the point. Twitter is a world of polarised opinions rather than balanced critique.

In the case of Lukaku he's either hated or loved on there, rather than assessed more accurately as a player who's goals and assists have been key to keeping us afloat this season but who now has reached a level of performance and application, along with 90% of his team mates, where questions need to be answered and decisions made on all sides. Commit and stay, or move on.

Indeed, and that is precisely the point. Twitter is a world of polarised opinions rather than balanced critique.

In the case of Lukaku he's either hated or loved on there, rather than assessed more accurately as a player who's goals and assists have been key to keeping us afloat this season but who now has reached a level of performance and application, along with 90% of his team mates, where questions need to be answered and decisions made on all sides. Commit and stay, or move on.

great post Baba

Lukaku gets a free fuckin ride. Simple as that... move on. Zero goals in 9 games and fuck all effort more damning.

Just imagine... kone playing almost 900 minutes of football and not scoring.... it never actually happened ironically.

Edited by Hafnia

Lukaku gets a free fuckin ride. Simple as that... move on. Zero goals in 9 games and fuck all effort more damning.

Just imagine... kone playing almost 900 minutes of football and not scoring.... it never actually happened ironically.

9x9 =81.

Just saying.

Agree completely.

That's obviously where the gripe comes from. He talks about wanting to play in the Champions League. Fair enough...have your ambition. But play like you belong at that level.

I've no issue with young players stating their ambition, or any player of any age actually, but stay respectful to your current employer who pays your hefty wage and, more importantly, put in the performances.

A player talking how he talks shouldn't have these issues and problems that he has. Think of Ronaldo before he went to Real, Suarez before he went to Barcelona. They stated what they wanted to do but their performances for their club stayed strong.

Just focus on your job now and if you do well enough, the reward will come. That's how life works.

Brilliant. This is just how I feel about him.

I hate all this "I belong at a bigger club" and then turning out shite, half arsed performances.

I hate all this "I belong at a bigger club" and then turning out shite, half arsed performances.

Has he ever seen us as anything other than a club beneath his talents?

He wants the kudos without putting in the work.

Has he improved in the last 3 years??? I would say marginally which is disappointing given the fact that his raw areas were pretty shocking for a premier league player.

For me what you see is what you are going to get. He's not going to get stronger, he's fully grown and matured. He is poor in the air, very very one footed. His touch is a bit better but still no where near what it should be. He loses possession shockingly easy. Above all his mentality is awful.

He needs to look at his compatriot across the park. I said 2 years ago that we should have got him. He hadn't developed physically at that stage but I knew he had the physical potential and pace to be a really good player... he spent last summer packing on muscle and working on his fitness . He's going to be the main man under klopp and sturridge will be gone.

Watch him put in a shift on Saturday... That's all you need to know about him.

Edited by Hafnia

Martinez didn't exactly help. Hit him early as Gerry did at the beginning of the season he's great but that ain't Martinez! Why play forward and risk losing possession when a sideways pass is on.

I don't condone lack of effort they're paid a fortune each week just like we pay to watch them, but it must piss you off when you see a run and the ball goes backwards.

Has he ever seen us as anything other than a club beneath his talents?

He wants the kudos without putting in the work.

Has he improved in the last 3 years??? I would say marginally which is disappointing given the fact that his raw areas were pretty shocking for a premier league player.

For me what you see is what you are going to get. He's not going to get stronger, he's fully grown and matured. He is poor in the air, very very one footed. His touch is a bit better but still no where near what it should be. He loses possession shockingly easy. Above all his mentality is awful.

He needs to look at his compatriot across the park. I said 2 years ago that we should have got him. He hadn't developed physically at that stage but I knew he had the physical potential and pace to be a really good player... he spent last summer packing on muscle and working on his fitness . He's going to be the main man under klopp and sturridge will be gone.

Watch him put in a shift on Saturday... That's all you need to know about him.

Could also be because Martinez has gone and he can play freely though, IF he puts in a shift.

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

"Lukaku gets a free ride" that has to be the funniest quote in the history of toffee talk

He needs to get it into his head that no Champions' League club will take him if he continues to only turn up when he feels like it.

You want to be a CL player, Rom? Act like it.

£65m is a cracking amount of money. Easy decision from me. Attitudes changed and doesn't really want to be here. Take 3 x £20m players for that. Could be incredibly useful war chest. Let them have Niasse for nothing too. Buy one player, get one free*

*offer only applies if free player is chosen from the list below

-Niasse

-Mcgeady

-Kone

I've always said I'd sell any player if it's right for the club, and this is no different. £65m would be right for the club. Just don't replace him with shite like Bony and I'll be even happier about it.

Who do you replace him with then? A club of our stature will struggle to find as striker as good as lukaku for a long time.