IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I'd say bony is a far better back to goal player, stronger, goals to minutes very good... not sure why he's no where near as good

won't need that with the new manager though. pelligrini doesn't like him. favre plays counter atttacking not back to goal holdup. only guy he could maybe work with is de boer but i have a feeling he has other prospects in his mind.

unless bony was on a cut rate deal, i think he'll stay at Man city and enjoy the wages.

I'd say bony is a far better back to goal player, stronger, goals to minutes very good... not sure why he's no where near as good

Goals to minute ratio can be misleading though. If that statistic is used to measure how good a striker is then according to the stats, Javier Hernandez is better than Suarez, Van Persie, Shearer, Drogba, Torres etc.

Bony had a great 2014, scoring 20 of his premier league career total 32 goals, but hasn't found that level again since and at 27 only appears to have had one good season in each of the Czech and Dutch leagues.

The fact that he was mainly used as a sub for City coming on late in games when opposition defenders were tired would only serve to provide opportunity to enhance the minutes per goal ratio - especially when you have the most creative midfielders in the league behind you.

Goals to minute ratio can be misleading though. If that statistic is used to measure how good a striker is then according to the stats, Javier Hernandez is better than Suarez, Van Persie, Shearer, Drogba, Torres etc.

Bony had a great 2014, scoring 20 of his premier league career total 32 goals, but hasn't found that level again since and at 27 only appears to have had one good season in each of the Czech and Dutch leagues.

The fact that he was mainly used as a sub for City coming on late in games when opposition defenders were tired would only serve to provide opportunity to enhance the minutes per goal ratio - especially when you have the most creative midfielders in the league behind you.

finally some stats and sense on bony. thanks baba.

he played well in a average squad, poorly in a top 4 which is what we have to so for. AJ got how many for Palace? A lot depends on how the manager plays the team

I hate to break it to you, Shukes, but you're not important enough for the post to be specifically aimed at you. Sorry!

Well now I'm just hurt.

Here's me thinking you had an agenda, when really it was just a mere coincidence.

And I thought me and you had a bond!

Well now I'm just hurt.

Here's me thinking you had an agenda, when really it was just a mere coincidence.

And I thought me and you had a bond!

I apologise for hurting your feelings. I'm definitely all about feelings so you can imagine the devastation on my part.

Oh I had an agenda, to be sarcastic as usual, it just wasn't all about you.

All these players that are being named will be wanted by other Prem Clubs too and all can offer European Football.

Which probably means that we'll have to offer them much higher wages that we usually would to tempt them here. Do we want that sort of player here? I know some of our fans care about the character of a player a lot.

Interesting... sturridge getting loads of stick from Liverpool fans for being lazy last night and are happy to sell - rightly so, he was disgusting in that second half.

Many of our lot would just be going on about his goal and just say he was isolated... funny, half fit origi came on and didn't look so isolated.

Really don't get your infatuation with Origi. He's a decent player but that's about it

He wasn't all that last night.

Tried to pass his man on 3 occasions and ran into them every time. Add to that he got carded for a raised elbow.

Wasn't as isolated, as he seemed to play LM, dropping too far back to help (which is lovely when you're not 3-1 down). Klopp bought him on to score goals and attack. He offered very little offensively.

I'd take Sturridge in a heartbeat. He'll win you games.

Edited by Lowensda

Which probably means that we'll have to offer them much higher wages that we usually would to tempt them here. Do we want that sort of player here? I know some of our fans care about the character of a player a lot.

I don't even think that would do it, look at West Ham and what they can offer. They can Match any wages we offer, Great New Stadium, the London factor and European Football. So replacing Lukaku is going to be tough and the 'big' names going around simply wont come imo.

I apologise for hurting your feelings. I'm definitely all about feelings so you can imagine the devastation on my part.

Oh I had an agenda, to be sarcastic as usual, it just wasn't all about you.

Apology accepted.

Make it about me next time ;-)

Really don't get your infatuation with Origi. He's a decent player but that's about it

He's got everything needed to be a top player. First off his attitude and work rate is similar to Suarez, he is very quick, two good feet, skillful and his finishing is better and will continue to get better.

He's a shot in the arse for that team. He wasn't fit after getting crocked by mori but he did more off the ball than sturridge.

I said all this on his loan where people laughed at my prediction that he will getter better. He's likely to be the main man up front next season for that lot.

I said a few weeks ago, stick a few quid on him being top scorer in the Euros - certainly for belgium anyway.

He's got everything needed to be a top player. First off his attitude and work rate is similar to Suarez, he is very quick, two good feet, skillful and his finishing is better and will continue to get better.

He's a shot in the arse for that team. He wasn't fit after getting crocked by mori but he did more off the ball than sturridge.

I said all this on his loan where people laughed at my prediction that he will getter better. He's likely to be the main man up front next season for that lot.

I said a few weeks ago, stick a few quid on him being top scorer in the Euros - certainly for belgium anyway.

we are still laughing. was ok for belgium at the WC, was shite for Lille when we beat them (and in ligue 1) and still isn't anything special. sturridge over him for me anyday.

we are still laughing. was ok for belgium at the WC, was shite for Lille when we beat them (and in ligue 1) and still isn't anything special. sturridge over him for me anyday.

"We"... ah ok. Take it you haven't seen much of him since his strength and fitness regime no?

Point people seem to be missing here with Lukaku is he clearly doesn't want to be here. Please please please nobody chime in with the ambitious or it's not him saying it angle. He wants out he sees himself as bigger than us and his people are disrespecting Everton and he's doing absolutely nothing to dispell it.

Of he wants out no matter how good he is fuck him off.

You overrate Origi almost to the same extent you underrate Lukaku

5 goals 16 app in league. nah i'm not arsed. rom 18 in 37. yeah i'll take rom.

It's a pity stat sites don't have measurements for attitude, team work, skill, none the less Roms 18 goals is 1 every 176 minutes... Origis 5 is 1 every 133 minutes...

As Paddock says it's as clear as day the lad doesn't want to be here... he's had enough opportunity to quieten the shit he and his camp have caused. He can move on, not even close to the top 10 Everton players I've seen.

Would you take:

Andrew Johnson over Daniel Sturridge?

Danny Graham over Lukaku?

Weimann over Yakubu?

Jason Roberts over Van Nistleroy?

All hard workers respectively, just poor goal scoring records in the top flight (comparatively speaking)

If hard work and attitude is everything, we best look at Johnathan Walters or Jamie Mackie to replace Lukaku.