IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Thing is we can't go into next season with Niasse and Jansenn as our two CF. We need at least one tried and tested CF otherwise we are taking a massive massive gamble.

This.

Your point is exactly why rom is so valuable to us.

He does seem to have a purple patch and then go dry.

More generally, strikers tend to have purple patches then go dry. Best example of this for me has always been Defoe who historically has seemed to get into double figures every season, but does so by virtue of gluts of goals scored in a handful of games.

2 in 2016 is poor by any measure, but the context needs to be considered, which is one of us having spent most of 2016 pinned defending our own box and conceding goals after periods of being pushed back.

Now is the time for him to go, he'll never live up to expectations of having to single handedly win games for us and the weight of this expectation has disengaged him. Best for him and us if he goes (and hopefully takes along Niasse to carry his bags...)

Edited by Baba

That's Haf for you!

If Rom does leave in the summer if will be interesting to see who Haf switches target to because he needs someone to obsess about

Before lukaku who was it? You will never see me slate anyone who loves the club, doesn't try and undervalue us, who puts 100% in to their job.

For too long too many people have been earning a shit load of money whilst demeaning the stature of our club. If it's not good enough for you then fuck off is what I say.

Sick of apologetic fans who seem to behave like Lukaku has been doing us a favour. Those fans deserve this shit he comes out with... they are the ones feeding the ego.

I've been pretty much on the ball with this lad and unfortunately so in the case of what I said after his interview a few months back.

Funny that from Hafs post no one really comments on the valid negatives but rather concentrate on Hafs vendetta.

The one that really struck me was the 2016 goals. Is that true?

He does seem to have a purple patch and then go dry.

It's just forum behaviour. People get pissed at me criticising him... as valid as it may be.

I pointed out this pattern age ago... I posted a table showing his goals. In all seriousness you could do forecasting based on it.

It's something like 4 games in a row hot, 4 or 5 in a row cold, a goal here and there then repeat.

That's just on stats... if you watch the performances they are similar. The lad needs a sports psychologist or something. He is so similar to Adebuyor it's frightening.

Edited by Hafnia

Before lukaku who was it? You will never see me slate anyone who loves the club, doesn't try and undervalue us, who puts 100% in to their job.

For too long too many people have been earning a shit load of money whilst demeaning the stature of our club. If it's not good enough for you then fuck off is what I say.

Sick of apologetic fans who seem to behave like Lukaku has been doing us a favour. Those fans deserve this shit he comes out with... they are the ones feeding the ego.

I've been pretty much on the ball with this lad and unfortunately so in the case of what I said after his interview a few months back.

moyes and Bill.

Don't think anyone has ever said he's doing us a favour. Anyone who celebrates his strengths rather than concentrate on his negatives is just excited by a young, high scorin striker who will go on to win a lot but unfortunately not with us because of the inept manager who brought him in. By contrast, you'd rather support a failed aging striker because he's supposedly a "better footballer" or potentially decent, so far unproven, striker at Liverpool and ridicule any praise and expectation levied towards one of the best goal scorers we've ever had. Simple as that really.

Edited by Matt

moyes and Bill.

Don't think anyone has ever said he's doing us a favour. Anyone who celebrates his strengths rather than concentrate on his negatives is just excited by a young, high scorin striker who will go on to win a lot but unfortunately not with us because of the inept manager who brought him in. By contrast, you'd rather support a failed aging striker because he's supposedly a "better footballer" or potentially decent, so far unproven, striker at Liverpool and ridicule any praise and expectation levied towards one of the best goal scorers we've ever had. Simple as that really.

Moyes.... "top ten is great finish for a club like Everton", "penknives to gun fights" yes...he undervalued us.

Bill told lies and held on way too long. The King's dock was a complete disaster based on false promises. "Money ringfenced"... then the Kirkby lies "Goodison fail safety certificate"...

Matt - Rom prospered because of Martinez, all attacks focused on getting the ball to him as a lone striker. He only 'failed' when he couldn't be arsed.

I won't pretend to understand defenders, I have limited understanding of the finer points of that side of the game. What I do know well is strikers and the game they are supposed to do.

When he could be arsed he was a very good player despite technical limitations. The derby game early in the season a prime example. Never seen it anywhere near enough. At the end of the day he got 18 prem league goals this season, 10 last year, 15 the year before.... hardly a return that makes it worthwhile having a player who offers very little else.

Oh and as for Origi... I liked him before liverpool signed him. He is the antithesis of Rom. It was evident in that world cup, a fully committed team player who needed to fill out who had ridiculous pace, great skill and control who wasn't a natural finisher but who's work rate would see him improve.... look what's happened. He is the first choice striker ahead of sturridge when fit.

Haf does go on a bit but you have to admit he has always had a valid point.

Personally I think scoring goals is the hardest job in football, but if anybody continually tells me that they want to play for somebody else rather than Everton I don't care how many goals they score, get shut asap.

No player is bigger than the club but Lukaku seems to think he is, I say take 50m and get rid of this overpaid prima donna.

Haf does go on a bit but you have to admit he has always had a valid point.

Personally I think scoring goals is the hardest job in football, but if anybody continually tells me that they want to play for somebody else rather than Everton I don't care how many goals they score, get shut asap.

No player is bigger than the club but Lukaku seems to think he is, I say take 50m and get rid of this overpaid prima donna.

I don't disagree that he has valid points, its when he ignores other valid points or flat out dismisses them that's frustrating.

I don't disagree that he has valid points, its when he ignores other valid points or flat out dismisses them that's frustrating.

I don't ignore other posts.

It's as simple as this:-

I criticise Roms technical ability and work rate as a concern that when he's not scoring he offers little else.

People then quote goal stats because it's the only area that he can be defended in. Even then it's fair to say his goal stats should be better if he took a chance on crosses etc. But again... I haven't criticised his finishing. So why bring it up? I acknowledge he's a goalscorer because let's be honest he wouldn't be worth 10p if he couldn't finish.

In all honesty people defend his laziness- which is what it is... nothing like being isolated or what have you. Once upon a time Evertonians were known for being fans who support you if you put in the effort. That may still be the case for many but with this lad I've seen too many fans indulge him.

He adds insult to injury with his interviews, he says he's worked hard... has he bollocks. He actually did run more in the FA cup semi final but I think he paid the price for weeks of coasting and he wasn't sharp when it mattered.

Edited by Hafnia

When I fist joined the forum you had an unhealthy obsession with Kenwright, , then it was Moyes , then it was Phil Neville and now it is Rom.

For as long as I have been coming in here you have had a target, as others have said you do come up with some valid points but its your refusal to acknowledge anybody else's equally valid points that irks. If anyone offers a different opinion to yours they are "apologetic" or " a happy clapper" or its the old nutmeg that they don't understand what it is they are watching. Once you get something in your head you are like a dog with a bone, you just wont let it go

You have had a valid point about Roms work ethic at times and your right he shouldn't be telling the press that he wants out at every opportunity he gets however you got it hopelessly wrong about him as an all round player. You said he would never improve his touch, he has. You said he would never develop as a player , he has.

Everyone in here is fully aware of Roms flaws but many feel compelled to defend him because you go over the top in your criticism of him

When I fist joined the forum you had an unhealthy obsession with Kenwright, , then it was Moyes , then it was Phil Neville and now it is Rom.

For as long as I have been coming in here you have had a target, as others have said you do come up with some valid points but its your refusal to acknowledge anybody else's equally valid points that irks. If anyone offers a different opinion to yours they are "apologetic" or " a happy clapper" or its the old nutmeg that they don't understand what it is they are watching. Once you get something in your head you are like a dog with a bone, you just wont let it go

You have had a valid point about Roms work ethic at times and your right he shouldn't be telling the press that he wants out at every opportunity he gets however you got it hopelessly wrong about him as an all round player. You said he would never improve his touch, he has. You said he would never develop as a player , he has.

Everyone in here is fully aware of Roms flaws but many feel compelled to defend him because you go over the top in your criticism of him

His touch has improved from shocking to bloody poor. Under pressure it's still like kicking a ball at railings.

Kenwright... well I've said why I haven't liked him as our chairman. He failed and lied with kings dock taking us back years.

Neville... "top 7 will be like winning champions league at Everton"

Moyes - the master of diluting expectations case a club.

As I said, people who give 10p% and don't undermine the name of Everton get my full support.

Edited by Hafnia

His touch has improved from shocking to bloody poor. Under pressure it's still like kicking a ball at railings.

Kenwright... well I've said why I haven't liked him as our chairman. He failed and lied with kings dock taking us back years.

Neville... "top 7 will be like winning champions league at Everton"

Moyes - the master of diluting expectations case a club.

As I said, people who give 10p% and don't undermine the name of Everton get my full support.

And you are allowed your opinion but let others have theirs

It was like when people expressed grave concerns about Martinez's defensive record before he was appointed Everton manager and you went into one saying the only reason they were relegated was because Alcaraz had been out injured. You got on your high horsed and accused anyone who slated Martinez of being some kind of football snob, you often insinuated that you could see things beyond our comprehension

Turns out he was just incompetent defensively and Alcaraz was shite

Regardless of how good he is or isn't he is being a distrspectful prick and we should just cut our losses and get rid.

Apparently he has already made his mind up who his next club is. Nice ofhim seeing as he has over 3 years of a 5 year contract still to go. This "beautiful" club best have deep pockets or he'll be going nowhere.

It's this type of attitude which is wrong at the club atm and it's dragging us down.

Shut the fuck up lad and at least have a bit of respect. If you want out, fine but do it in a decent respectful way and don't throw everything we have done for you back in our faces.

Can't wait for him to be sold tbh.

And you are allowed your opinion but let others have theirs

It was like when people expressed grave concerns about Martinez's defensive record before he was appointed Everton manager and you went into one saying the only reason they were relegated was because Alcaraz had been out injured. You got on your high horsed and accused anyone who slated Martinez of being some kind of football snob, you often insinuated that you could see things beyond our comprehension

Turns out he was just incompetent defensively and Alcaraz was shite

Since when has having a different opinion been interpreted as not allowing others an opinion??? Not sure how that is aimed at me and not others if that's the case. Do I say "you aren't allowed that opinion"?... no. If anything Dunc I'm the one shouted down on this topic.

As for the martinez alcaraz.. you mean the endless debates about what he may do here etc etc and whilst you were still going on about Davies bloody moyes and my point was we are taking less of a risk getting martinez than United were getting moyes.... yet you were still going on about moyes then and still now like he's some sort of legend... I'd go as far to say you don't allow people to have an opinion that is critical of moyes...

No doubt our first season under martinez is down to moyes and not martinez. If we win something in 5 years it will be down to moyes no doubt.

Edited by Hafnia

Since when has having a different opinion been interpreted as not allowing others an opinion??? Not sure how that is aimed at me and not others if that's the case. Do I say "you aren't allowed that opinion"?... no. If anything Dunc I'm the one shouted down on this topic.

As for the martinez alcaraz.. you mean the endless debates about what he may do here etc etc and whilst you were still going on about Davies bloody moyes and my point was we are taking less of a risk getting martinez than United were getting moyes.... yet you were still going on about moyes then and still now like he's some sort of legend... I'd go as far to say you don't allow people to have an opinion that is critical of moyes...

No doubt our first season under martinez is down to moyes and not martinez. If we win something in 5 years it will be down to moyes no doubt.

Ha ha what has Moyes got to do with it?

I have same d many a time that there was plenty of valid criticism of him I have just been opposed to people trying to rewrite history

Moyes did an excellent job here and his teams could play good football, if I was as hung up about him as you suggest I would be wanted him back now yet I have stated I don't want him back

I have never once claimed Moyes was a legend

You take your obsessions into every single thread , I don't claim to see things beyond other people's comprehension nor do I try and tell people what it is they are actually thinking, you on the other hand have form for it

Ha ha what has Moyes got to do with it?

I have same d many a time that there was plenty of valid criticism of him I have just been opposed to people trying to rewrite history

Moyes did an excellent job here and his teams could play good football, if I was as hung up about him as you suggest I would be wanted him back now yet I have stated I don't want him back

I have never once claimed Moyes was a legend

You take your obsessions into every single thread , I don't claim to see things beyond other people's comprehension nor do I try and tell people what it is they are actually thinking, you on the other hand have form for it

Rewrite history? This is the point... if David Moyes was Newcastle United fans would sing "fuck all.... you haven't won fuck all". Every single time someone posts anything that is slightly against moyes you leap in. Is that not what you are having a go at me for?

Rewrite history? This is the point... if David Moyes was Newcastle United fans would sing "fuck all.... you haven't won fuck all". Every single time someone posts anything that is slightly against moyes you leap in. Is that not what you are having a go at me for?

No I don't . I have laid my cards on the table plenty of times when it comes to Moyes. I respect the job he did here but we've moved on and I certainly don't want him back

I have agreed that he could be to stubborn, I have agreed that he could be to negative and I have agreed that his record against the sky 4 was abysmal

I jump in when people try and belittle his achievements here, I jump in when people claim he only ever played hoofball, I jumped in when you were saying he was only getting the league finishes expected due to the wage budget

but Rom is responsible for all the talk, right?

Of course it's not matt... he's only 23, he hasn't learned how to do interviews properly yet. He's just been misquoted...

As for his agent yeah how did he manage to get Rom on his books 1 year into his 5 year deal? Must have been Roms dad. Couldn't have been Rom who made that choice. people forget he's only 23.

Of course it's not matt... he's only 23, he hasn't learned how to do interviews properly yet. He's just been misquoted...

As for his agent yeah how did he manage to get Rom on his books 1 year into his 5 year deal? Must have been Roms dad. Couldn't have been Rom who made that choice. people forget he's only 23.

:rolleyes:

:doh:

2 premier league goals in 19 games in 2016.... imagine if that was kone.

The whole "how many goals by 23" just makes me laugh. For one it isn't officially accredited, a fan has picked players off the top off their head - where is Robbie Fowler? Where are players who smashed in goals galore in the Welsh premier league, Norwegian league etc.

Is anyone going to tell me that Rooney at the age of 16-18 wouldn't have blitzed 100 goals in the Jupiter league for anderlecht? They look all great the stats but to be taken seriously the need to be comparing apples with apples.

I would certainly send those out to the likes of PSG in the hope it makes them stick a few quid on.

You can't score of you're not given the chances. Look at Spurs who have a mediocre striker, but a class midfield. Lukaku misses in a game and it sticks in your head because the chances are rare. Barkley has been utter dog shit and we've not had anything coming from the left all season. How Lukaku has managed to score so many should be lauded considering the piss poor service. Oh wait in 38 games he never got on the end of 5 crosses from Deloufeu, he must be shit.

2 premier league goals in 19 games in 2016.... imagine if that was kone.

The whole "how many goals by 23" just makes me laugh. For one it isn't officially accredited, a fan has picked players off the top off their head - where is Robbie Fowler? Where are players who smashed in goals galore in the Welsh premier league, Norwegian league etc.

Is anyone going to tell me that Rooney at the age of 16-18 wouldn't have blitzed 100 goals in the Jupiter league for anderlecht? They look all great the stats but to be taken seriously the need to be comparing apples with apples.

I would certainly send those out to the likes of PSG in the hope it makes them stick a few quid on.

Stop strawmaning trying to devalue his goals, the link says premier league goals not total including ones Haf doesn't like.

Stop strawmaning trying to devalue his goals, the link says premier league goals not total including ones Haf doesn't like.

Please explain why that is a strawman argument??? I think you need to understand what a strawman is. A strawman argument is "you want to sell Lukaku? Ah so you are OK with getting relegated are you?

For the record all of Roms goals bar 1 have been in the penalty area. Yes he did miss about 5+ y yard box tap insurance from deulofeu, he also managed to get a fair few off him. A courageous, hard working striker would have got lots more.

Lacks heart.

I see Harry Kane is still on your hit list... I would swap Lukaku for him or Vardy in a heart beat. Would Luksku get in the England team ahead of them? Not a chance. May make squad at best ahead of Rashford.

Edited by Hafnia

Please explain why that is a strawman argument??? I think you need to understand what a strawman is. A strawman argument is "you want to sell Lukaku? Ah so you are OK with getting relegated are you?

For the record all of Roms goals bar 1 have been in the penalty area. Yes he did miss about 5+ y yard box tap insurance from deulofeu, he also managed to get a fair few off him. A courageous, hard working striker would have got lots more.

Lacks heart.

I see Harry Kane is still on your hit list... I would swap Lukaku for him or Vardy in a heart beat. Would Luksku get in the England team ahead of them? Not a chance. May make squad at best ahead of Rashford.

Did you do that delibrately as a second example?

OK other side....

"so you think we should keep Lukaku? Ah so you are happy for him to create such unrest in the team that his value decreases to £5m and other key players want to go"

Are you giving another example? I honestly can't tell any more.