IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Hiking the transfer price up and offering him a rise obviously means they want to keep him.

What price would you pay to get anybody better than him.??

If we got say, £50m and Remy, I'd throw £40m at Real for Isco (who is supposedly available for transfer) or maybe stump up the £40m Lyon want for Lacazette (don't know much about him but someone I trust raves about him).

£40m should be the max though, for me.

Edited by Matt

What price would you pay to get anybody better than him.??

Difficult question, because it's hard to determine who is better or who is worse. I feel like that's a thing with strikers, because one season they're great, others they're nowhere... in a worse sense than any other kind of players. I mean, look at Falcao, Benteke, Torres, Gomez, Jelavic, Mandzukic, Michu, Van Persie, Costa, Rooney (not a striker anymore now) and so on...

The fact that Aguero, Luis Suarez and Ibrahimovic are so consistent every season, that to me is what makes them stand out above the rest. And to be fair, Lukaku suffers a lot of off-days, but overall throughout a whole season, and season after season, he does perform more or less consistently... Maybe THAT is the reason for his super high market price (along with his age). Investing in Lukaku has a high probability of being safe.

So what price would I pay to have that same degree of high-goalscoring consistency... I'd say... Whatever Ibrahimovic' price was. He's old, but he's still better than Lukaku. It's all hypothetical, he's off to ManU, i know.

Edited by Mirallas

Difficult question, because it's hard to determine who is better or who is worse. I feel like that's a thing with strikers, because one season they're great, others they're nowhere... in a worse sense than any other kind of players. I mean, look at Falcao, Benteke, Torres, Gomez, Jelavic, Mandzukic, Michu, Van Persie, Costa, Rooney (not a striker anymore now) and so on...

The fact that Aguero, Luis Suarez and Ibrahimovic are so consistent every season, that to me is what makes them stand out above the rest. And to be fair, Lukaku suffers a lot of off-days, but overall throughout a whole season, and season after season, he does perform more or less consistently... Maybe THAT is the reason for his super high market price (along with his age). Investing in Lukaku has a high probability of being safe.

So what price would I pay to have that same degree of high-goalscoring consistency... I'd say... Whatever Ibrahimovic' price was. He's old, but he's still better than Lukaku. It's all hypothetical, he's off to ManU, i know.

He went on a free a few weeks ago mate :huh:

I don't expect a striker to score every game but its important that if they don't score then they don't revert to a 5/10 performance.... that's the issue with this lad. His goals mask a lot of issues with his game.

On his day he is possibly up there with Barkley and Deulofeu as players you would pay to watch..... I'm being fair there. But I'm also being honest weh I say that only a handful of times in 3 years can I say that has been the case. I recall more games where I have tore my hair out than I have amazed by.

It's around the £300k range ain't it?

Ibra £300k ish Rooney £350k Pogba £400k... frightening

Oh no, possibly not?

1: PAUL POGBA (MAN UNITED)

£290,000 a week until 2021 with a further year's option

2: WAYNE ROONEY (MAN UNITED)

£260,000 a week until 2019

3: ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC (MAN UNITED)

£250,000 a week until 2017

4: SERGIO AGUERO (MAN CITY)

£240,000 a week until 2019, talks over new deal ongoing

5: YAYA TOURE (MAN CITY)

£240,000 a week until 2017

6: EDEN HAZARD (CHELSEA)

£220,000 a week until 2020

7: DAVID SILVA (MAN CITY)

£200,000 a week until 2019

8: MESUT OZIL (ARSENAL)

£190,000 a week until 2018, talks over a new deal ongoing

9: DAVID DE GEA (MAN UNITED)

£185,000 a week until 2019

10: RAHEEM STERLING (MAN CITY)

£180,000 a week until 2020

Edited by Lowensda

And what's the definition of better? For me, a better question would be who could score more goals. Technical ability is fine, but it's a means to an end.

And what's the definition of better? For me, a better question would be who could score more goals. Technical ability is fine, but it's a means to an end.

I think a fair few players in our set up last year would score similar number of goals - maybe more. The quality of Gerry's crosses for the half of the season he featured were astonishingly good.

Oh no, possibly not?

1: PAUL POGBA (MAN UNITED)

£290,000 a week until 2021 with a further year's option

2: WAYNE ROONEY (MAN UNITED)

£260,000 a week until 2019

3: ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC (MAN UNITED)

£250,000 a week until 2017

4: SERGIO AGUERO (MAN CITY)

£240,000 a week until 2019, talks over new deal ongoing

5: YAYA TOURE (MAN CITY)

£240,000 a week until 2017

6: EDEN HAZARD (CHELSEA)

£220,000 a week until 2020

7: DAVID SILVA (MAN CITY)

£200,000 a week until 2019

8: MESUT OZIL (ARSENAL)

£190,000 a week until 2018, talks over a new deal ongoing

9: DAVID DE GEA (MAN UNITED)

£185,000 a week until 2019

10: RAHEEM STERLING (MAN CITY)

£180,000 a week until 2020

Only abit off though ? still crazy money not sure where I read it just said he'd get £400k £220k after tax

Imagine those figures landing in your account each week! What's it like Matt ?

Only abit off though still crazy money not sure where I read it just said he'd get £400k £220k after tax

Imagine those figures landing in your account each week! What's it like Matt

Damn 180k in taxes to the UK treasury every single week. That will pay for the maintenance of F-35 fighter jets for the RAF :rofl: Thanks for coming, Paul!

Sorry meant £290k not £220k you can tell I'm no accountant!

Well... okay it's still a huge amount all the same.

Also, I just realized your name is Paul. When I said "thanks for coming Paul", I meant mister Pogba :D But I appreciate your presence on TT a lot as well!

Edited by Mirallas

It's ok people saying they would replace him with this player or that player but we have already seen this summer that it will be difficult to persuade any top player to join us

In the Moyes era it may have been possible but Roberto has ruined us

Has Moyes actually persuaded any top players to sign for him ever? - Mata maybe for Man United - that's it. Lets be honest his speciality was signing players who had something to prove.... Fellaini and Yak were his two biggest signings and he hardly faced any competition. The Craig Bellamy fiasco summed up Moyes. He was too wary of big personalities.

When Moyes went to Man United he struggled to sign any of his top targets - Fabregas being that man.

I don't think we've ever been in a position to buy 'big' players.

We've never been able to afford it!

Now we maybe can afford it, we are down the pecking order. But we have been for many years.

We always have to pick the 'best of the rest'. Lukaku was one of those at the time.

If he goes, I'm sure we'll be able to replace him.

I've no worries here.

Has Moyes actually persuaded any top players to sign for him ever? - Mata maybe for Man United - that's it. Lets be honest his speciality was signing players who had something to prove.... Fellaini and Yak were his two biggest signings and he hardly faced any competition. The Craig Bellamy fiasco summed up Moyes. He was too wary of big personalities.

When Moyes went to Man United he struggled to sign any of his top targets - Fabregas being that man.

Im his defence, that was down to Woodward, not him.

I was referring to the fact that we were a top 8 side who regularly challenged for Europe as opposed to a bang average bottom half side for the past 2 years

I'm sure the former would be infinitely more appealing to potential new signings

I was referring to the fact that we were a top 8 side who regularly challenged for Europe as opposed to a bang average bottom half side for the past 2 years

I'm sure the former would be infinitely more appealing to potential new signings

Said the same thing yesterday in the Stones thread.........Martinez, did us a fair bit of damage.

Edited by Blue 250

not sure how to read that matt. until the window ends or he signs a new deal it's all mental games with chelsea/other suitors with comments like this. not sure if he's baiting them to make an offer or being serious.

I read it as "I don't care what they're doing upstairs, we've got a game to prepare for" and nothing more