IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Maybe his thinking is his dry spell at the end of the year was do to him being burnt out from premier league and World Cup or something and not having enough of a break.

To be honest he should be very well rested now - lets face it he went to the Euro's as fresh as a daisy. The last 3 months of the season he put minimal effort into the games. You can benchmark his supposed "burn out" with Gareth Barry - a 35 year old who played 39 games vs Roms 46 but averaged 11km per game.

Personally Rom just like Deulofeu and Barkley need a proper pre season - all 3 lack fitness and carry too much bulk, not necessarily in the case of Gerry - he just needs cardio fitness.

To be honest he should be very well rested now - lets face it he went to the Euro's as fresh as a daisy. The last 3 months of the season he put minimal effort into the games. You can benchmark his supposed "burn out" with Gareth Barry - a 35 year old who played 39 games vs Roms 46 but averaged 11km per game.

Personally Rom just like Deulofeu and Barkley need a proper pre season - all 3 lack fitness and carry too much bulk, not necessarily in the case of Gerry - he just needs cardio fitness.

i think you posted stats before where at West Brom he was primarily a super sub, looking at stats he only saw 2000' that season. next season with chelsea/us 2800'. next with us/europa 3800'. and last season 4000'. so since that sensational West Brom season he's now doubled his minutes of playing in a campaign, that doesn't count summer playing/training as well.

maybe koeman has seen the rising minutes and realized he's not that kind of player and needs more rest and less minutes, so he's starting him off fresh and then will be smart with his time, subbing him off at 70'.

another thought is that after all the "i'm leaving", dad says leaving, agent says leaving, and he's staying Ronny wants him to have another week out of the press to re-calibrate and be ready to shut his trap and just play football. that way he won't be a distraction and can come back fully committed.

last thought, we're selling him, koeman knows and wants him away from the squad.

Actually pad has got me thinking there ...

Maybe it's a case of koeman has looked at the "chemistry"... spoken to some of the staff like baines who came back early and had some info.

Is lukaku being kept away because he doesn't want any negative vibes? Ronald is no idiot... he seen lukaku first hand in the 2nd or 3rd game of the season and would have been impressed. He will have also seen alot of games on tape when he took over the club.

This is a very deliberate step. Mori is back having good played a more intensive summer competition.

Maybe it's a case of koeman has looked at the "chemistry"... spoken to some of the staff like baines who came back early and had some info.

Is lukaku being kept away because he doesn't want any negative vibes? Ronald is no idiot... he seen lukaku first hand in the 2nd or 3rd game of the season and would have been impressed. He will have also seen alot of games on tape when he took over the club.

This is a very deliberate step. Mori is back having good played a more intensive summer competition.

very possible

He played one or two more games than any of our other players why should he have more time off. He should have been told to get his arse back to Finch Farm. If it is just more time off it's yet another example of us pandering to him.

He played one or two more games than any of our other players why should he have more time off. He should have been told to get his arse back to Finch Farm. If it is just more time off it's yet another example of us pandering to him.

Just very very odd. More and more pictures of him away with Paul Pogba.... another player who is busy getting pimped about by the very same agent.

It's either him saying "I'm not coming back" or us saying "stay away"

The silence from his camp is deafening. They have backed themselves into a corner and they have forced an almost irretrievable situation on themselves.

I actually think they did have a sale lined up before the euros. PSG is my guess. He stunk the gaff out. £50m even in this market probably scared them off.

Maybe this has alot to do with the lack of activity. He needs selling, we need to agree a price in principle but we also need to get our targets done first.

If anything the system will ask more questions of Lukaku. For me in the system the front player needs to be fit and hard working - he's been neither for a while.

He needed to be back last week and have his legs and a few kilos ran off him and have a proper pre season.

Secondly the striker needs to be comfortable on the ball - they need to be able to do one - two touch play and lay the ball off accurately - they need to be able to look after it.

His goalscoring isn't in question - then again neither is Jermaine Defoes, its about how he will fit in to the team ethic.

It will most certainly be interesting - it could make or break him.

75m? Fuck me moshiri and the Russian have some massive balls. Bill would have folded at 29m.

Tbf, the only deal that Kenwright has fucked up on is the Rooney one. He didn't fold last summer with Stones did he?

Back on to Lukaku. With us seemingly struggling to get high quality players to want to sign for us I'd be very reluctant to let Lukaku go this summer. Do everything to keep him, hope like hell we have a fantastic season, and then if clubs still want him do the deal. His absence would be felt and it would hit us hard, whereas, IMO, we wouldn't even notice Stones was gone.

Tbf, the only deal that Kenwright has fucked up on is the Rooney one. He didn't fold last summer with Stones did he?

Back on to Lukaku. With us seemingly struggling to get high quality players to want to sign for us I'd be very reluctant to let Lukaku go this summer. Do everything to keep him, hope like hell we have a fantastic season, and then if clubs still want him do the deal. His absence would be felt and it would hit us hard, whereas, IMO, we wouldn't even notice Stones was gone.

I can't think of anyone obvious to replace Lukaku either. So many perceived 'quality ' strikers fail to score consistently in the Premiership - Rom's done it for 4 seasons now and is still in the early stages of his career. I can't name many realistic targets who I'd prefer to be honest but feel there are plenty of players who would improve is at CB should Stones go.

I can't think of anyone obvious to replace Lukaku either. So many perceived 'quality ' strikers fail to score consistently in the Premiership - Rom's done it for 4 seasons now and is still in the early stages of his career. I can't name many realistic targets who I'd prefer to be honest but feel there are plenty of players who would improve is at CB should Stones go.

He scored 10 in the prem the season before last.