IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

We aren't a lower team. Defoe has been banging them in at Sunderland, the lad at Watford, Vardy leicester. Charlie austin... he's not an elite level player yet is lauded and seen as a keep at all costs player.

We've finished in the lower half of the table in 2 consecutive seasons, haven't won a trophy in 20 years and haven't been able to offer European football at the highest level for years, we were a big club but right now we're not.

Defoe has to be at a lower team who base a philosophy around him to score, taking nothing away from him he is the best at what he does but would never have fit in at a big club.

Vardy has had 1 season at the top, Lukaku has had 4 or so now. Not to mention Leicester are now at this moment in time a big club.

Charlie Austin looks great he really does but isn't comparable to Rom what so ever.

Lukaku, as has been said before, is young and will return 15 or 20 or so league goals a season, at 23. He's got the potential to be one of the best in the world and Everton aren't a big enough club to tie him down. This will be his last season unless we get in the CL, which is unlikely.

People need to understand that from the minute he entered through the doors at FF he wanted to use this club as a stepping stone to move on to the best. I'm not saying he always goes about it in the right way but What's wrong with ambition? The best players in the world need to look out for their own career and not limit themselves at a club just to keep fans happy.

Aiden. He has scored on average 14 premier league goals in his time here. And like defoe - the team needs to focus on Rom. It's a decent average return but not worth getting excited over. He will likely get 15 this season... is that a £60m striker? Not for me no.

I hope walsh is hard at work getting the striker that koeman wants in his pressing side. Rom ain't it.

Lukaku, as has been said before, is young and will return 15 or 20 or so league goals a season, at 23. He's got the potential to be one of the best in the world and Everton aren't a big enough club to tie him down. .

There goes that quote again, potential, and he's only young. Jesus.

There's younger men getting killed and maimed in wars, he needs to man up and get on with it, stop telling us how good he is and show us.
And more fool to those who keep making the same excuses for him.

There goes that quote again, potential, and he's only young. Jesus.

There's younger men getting killed and maimed in wars, he needs to man up and get on with it, stop telling us how good he is and show us.

And more fool to those who keep making the same excuses for him.

Show you what? What do you expect him to be he's got a world class return.

Show you what? What do you expect him to be he's got a world class return.

It's all the time.... "he's only 20,21,22,23...." It's getting beyond a joke. He's played nearly 300 club games plus 51 international level games. Chances are he will be pretty much done by the time he's 30 given the number of games he's played.... yet he's still spoken of like he's inexperienced.

World class return? Yakubu got 17 prem league goals for blackburn when we sold him. Clint dempsey 17 for Fulham, demba ba 17 for newcastle.

He's in amongst the likes of defoe, Austin, rodriguez, grant Holt, lambert, Michu, berahino etc till he actually does break the 20 goal mark. All aforementioned players done the 14-18 goals.

That's a fine rate of return... it's not bad at all and he's done the 15-20 bracket 3 out of 4 seasons in the prem where he's had a decent number of games.

That is a decent goal scorers return.... it's not world class.

If he offered those numbers whilst being a player who made the team better... a positive influencer in our play then I'd be delighted.... the fact is he feeds off our play. He is dependant on others. Tony cottee was very much the same.

Edited by Hafnia

It's all the time.... "he's only 20,21,22,23...." It's getting beyond a joke. He's played nearly 300 club games plus 51 international level games. Chances are he will be pretty much done by the time he's 30 given the number of games he's played.... yet he's still spoken of like he's inexperienced.

World class return? Yakubu got 17 prem league goals for blackburn when we sold him. Clint dempsey 17 for Fulham, demba ba 17 for newcastle.

He's in amongst the likes of defoe, Austin, rodriguez, grant Holt, lambert, Michu, berahino etc till he actually does break the 20 goal mark. All aforementioned players done the 14-18 goals.

That's a fine rate of return... it's not bad at all and he's done the 15-20 bracket 3 out of 4 seasons in the prem where he's had a decent number of games.

If he offered those numbers whilst being a player who made the team better... a positive influencer in our play then I'd be delighted.... the fact is he feeds off our play. He is dependant on others. Tony cottee was very much the same.

Unlike all those players Lukaku's done it consistently over a period of time rather than just one season. Since 2012/13 season his goal return has been 17,16,20,25 and so far this season 5 in 6 games. It's honestly proper weird that you can't stand the best goal scorer we've had here since the 80s.

Unlike all those players Lukaku's done it consistently over a period of time rather than just one season. Since 2012/13 season his goal return has been 17,16,20,25 and so far this season 5 in 6 games. It's honestly proper weird that you can't stand the best goal scorer we've had here since the 80s.

He scored 10 premier league goals in his second season. I'm not using cup games and all that bollocks.... it isn't a barometer to compare players.

Unless of course people will discount Kane's champions league goals this season when comparing his goals to lukaku.... no of course they won't. So let's stick to measuring players on the consistent "control" that is the league.

In fact why the fuck am I explaining myself to you..... heres my reply....

Sell... nothing more than a Brett angel.... except Brett angel was better. Not worth £60 never mind £60m

Edited by Hafnia

If he's injured we may as well just throw the City game and not bother turning up.

It will just be like one of the 20 games in the season where he can't be arsed but a lesser able player just has a go instead.

I hope he's well. We need him fit till January at least.

Edited by Hafnia

It's world class if you do it every season mate you can't hold an argument about players who have done it once.

The point about his age is made with the intention of implying that the only way is up for him. He's by the laws of average set to improve further.

You make the point of feeding off play, lots of strikers do, not all score as much as him.

It's world class if you do it every season mate you can't hold an argument about players who have done it once.

The point about his age is made with the intention of implying that the only way is up for him. He's by the laws of average set to improve further.

You make the point of feeding off play, lots of strikers do, not all score as much as him.

I could quite easily name a shed load of strikers who by the time they were 25 had peaked in their performance... and 2 years from 23 to 25 made fuck all difference.

Shearer, fowler, owen, Cole, collymore, rooney....

There is absolutely nothing in my mind that suggests that Lukaku is going to exponentially become some sort of better player because he's 23.... it's absurd.

Is he going to get bigger, stronger, faster, more skilful? Did Mike Tyson? No its all top trumps fantasy bullshit.

https://youtu.be/r1_jOAMpmy0

The unfortunate thing about this kid above is that he needs playing against 12 year old kids not 8 year olds... has he learned any skill other than to use his size and athleticism advantage? No. This is what happened with lukaku. His old coach admitted as much. They used his size and athleticism and neglected his technique.

He has been too used to having things his own way when he was young. It sticks out and it's a shame. He probably could have been a very good player technical wise.

I could quite easily name a shed load of strikers who by the time they were 25 had peaked in their performance... and 2 years from 23 to 25 made fuck all difference.

Shearer, fowler, owen, Cole, collymore, rooney....

There is absolutely nothing in my mind that suggests that Lukaku is going to exponentially become some sort of better player because he's 23.... it's absurd.

Is he going to get bigger, stronger, faster, more skilful? Did Mike Tyson? No its all top trumps fantasy bullshit.

https://youtu.be/r1_jOAMpmy0

The unfortunate thing about this kid above is that he needs playing against 12 year old kids not 8 year olds... has he learned any skill other than to use his size and athleticism advantage? No. This is what happened with lukaku. His old coach admitted as much. They used his size and athleticism and neglected his technique.

He has been too used to having things his own way when he was young. It sticks out and it's a shame. He probably could have been a very good player technical wise.

By the laws of averages he will improve, that's common sense. No not all players do improve but 90 percent of them do and it's mental suggesting that that'll be the likely thing to happen to him.

Unless he gets injured, badly, then he is VERY likely to improve. That's why people always say "he's only 23".

People want him to fail so much it's pathetic really.

By the laws of averages he will improve, that's common sense. No not all players do improve but 90 percent of them do and it's mental suggesting that that'll be the likely thing to happen to him.

Unless he gets injured, badly, then he is VERY likely to improve. That's why people always say "he's only 23".

People want him to fail so much it's pathetic really.

Who wants him to fail?! I certainly don't, any player in a blue shirt I want to do well - it makes sense. If we were drawing or losing and he was through one on one are you suggesting I would want him to miss?

Do I like him and his ways? No. He pisses me off and I seen through all this before his awful behaviour in spring to summer. Everton fans have had to ride some really tough shit by insisting we are a big club in the face of poor ownership... then this lad cones along with a huge fee and at near every opportunity dilutes his association with us as much as he can.

How the fuck dare he? He isn't anywhere near the level he or some fans think he is. I wish barkley had an ounce of Roms self belief.

You say he will get better because of his age and that 90 percent do? That's a misconception - certainly in the case of someone who has a questionable attitude and application.

It all remains to be seen. I've struggled to understand the hurrah around the lad. Maybe it's the clubs fault for lumbering us with cheap end strikers for so long.

Maybe I'm old school and one of those fans who will support a player if he gives his all to a blue shirt. I've never seen this from him... it's all about him and not Everton.

Edited by Hafnia

Who wants him to fail?! I certainly don't, any player in a blue shirt I want to do well - it makes sense. If we were drawing or losing and he was through one on one are you suggesting I would want him to miss?

Do I like him and his ways? No. He pisses me off and I seen through all this before his awful behaviour in spring to summer. Everton fans have had to ride some really tough shit by insisting we are a big club in the face of poor ownership... then this lad cones along with a huge fee and at near every opportunity dilutes his association with us as much as he can.

How the fuck dare he? He isn't anywhere near the level he or some fans think he is. I wish barkley had an ounce of Roms self belief.

You say he will get better because of his age and that 90 percent do? That's a misconception - certainly in the case of someone who has a questionable attitude and application.

It all remains to be seen. I've struggled to understand the hurrah around the lad. Maybe it's the clubs fault for lumbering us with cheap end strikers for so long.

Maybe I'm old school and one of those fans who will support a player if he gives his all to a blue shirt. I've never seen this from him... it's all about him and not Everton.

I agree with this completely. Even during his interview with Henry he speaks of Koeman's guidance and mentorship, never about the team. It's a strange relationship to have with the club's star striker and vice versa. I don't think about his talents in terms of how he can potentially decline and fail us as supporters, but I am conscious of his mercenary attitude. Personally, it's a manifestation of the "I'm not angry, I'm disappointed" feeling. With that being said, if he keeps scoring and we can sell him to where he wants to be, it'll work out for all parties.

Edited by nutmegwolf203

Averages 15 goals and 7 assists a season. I remember hoping our strikers would scores double figures every year, with Lukaku I expect him to, and more.

All dependant on the manager.... we had 11 years of a manager who utilised strikers in such a way that it benefitted the midfielders... which is why Cahill and fellaini ended up being top scorers.

It created the illusion that we couldn't get a good striker.

All dependant on the manager.... we had 11 years of a manager who utilised strikers in such a way that it benefitted the midfielders... which is why Cahill and fellaini ended up being top scorers.

It created the illusion that we couldn't get a good striker.

Watson getting played upfront was the most painful for me.

Even looking outside of Everton, there aren't many who consistently get double figures more than 2 years in a row.