IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Shit..... I forgot about watson upfront.

Scored a hatrick didn't he? Was it against Leeds where mcfadden looked world class and big dunc destroyed a Brazilian defender?

He was playing in midfield against Leeds. It's well worth a watch (YouTube I can't post the link on my phone sorry) his second goal would be replayed over and over again if it had been scored playing for a different team.

Oh and Tony Hibberts cross is something you will only have seen him do maybe twice in his career!!

Edited by smeghead1

remember the whole buzz around McFadden after that game - ferguson ripped Roque Junior's shirt, the lad looked petrified.

very talented player was McFadden - his goal against Charlton I think it was is one of the best I've seen for quick thinking and execution.

He reminded me of Peter Beagrie loads of skill just to many step overs. Why they felt the need to beat a man stop then try and beat him again was beyond me!

Didn't Mcfadden score a worldy against France for Scotland? I'm sure it was the winner aswell.

He reminded me of Peter Beagrie loads of skill just to many step overs. Why they felt the need to beat a man stop then try and beat him again was beyond me!

Didn't Mcfadden score a worldy against France for Scotland? I'm sure it was the winner aswell.

Certainly did

remember the whole buzz around McFadden after that game - ferguson ripped Roque Junior's shirt, the lad looked petrified.

very talented player was McFadden - his goal against Charlton I think it was is one of the best I've seen for quick thinking and execution.

Astounding that one....and I was there (sadly many Blues missed it because they left after Darren Bent's 89th minute equaliser a couple of minutes earlier, but I'm sure they wouldn't own up to it :lol:)! Was a desolation to elation swing like you rarely get.

Astounding that one....and I was there (sadly many Blues missed it because they left after Darren Bent's 89th minute equaliser a couple of minutes earlier, but I'm sure they wouldn't own up to it :lol:)! Was a desolation to elation swing like you rarely get.

I was there too and thankfully didn't leave. It's one of the best goals I've ever seen in person.

Before the goal I praised Rom for his run that earned a corner... showed real deliberate energy for once. Something I have always said.... when he's "deliberate in his efforts" he looks a different player. Up till that point he was moaning and sulking. Thd Belgian fans actually booed him ffs.

The miss? It was a shocker. There was no bobble, he wasn't stretching. After it I stated that he needed to score and all credit to his bravery he wanted the ball. But let's not call it a top corner job. He made a good connection that the keeper would have covered till it made a dipping loop off the spin.

By the way.... Let's put his miss into context. Just for one minute imagine it was Kone or valencia.... yep. I'm sure you lot wouldn't be taking the piss. Double standards indeed.

He gets booed regularly in international games when he plays badly or does something wrong because he's overly ambitious/confident to the point of arrogance (which is very un-Belgian-like) that he gets zero sympathy. You're right that there was no bobble, the pass wasn't overhit, he just badly missed. After scoring with the big deflection he celebrated by holding his hand behind is ear, taunting the booers, further endearing him to the crowd...

It was interesting to see Benteke play against Gibraltar with pretty much the same supporting cast as Lukaku. To me watching Benteke highlighted one of the biggest flaws in Lukaku's game. Unlike Lukaku who so many times finds himself nowhere near the ball when it is crossed into the box, Benteke is always there at the right spot. Granted, can't compare Girbaltar and Bosnia, but it's one of the things that bothers me most about Lukaku when watching Everton (and Belgium) play.

He gets booed regularly in international games when he plays badly or does something wrong because he's overly ambitious/confident to the point of arrogance (which is very un-Belgian-like) that he gets zero sympathy. You're right that there was no bobble, the pass wasn't overhit, he just badly missed. After scoring with the big deflection he celebrated by holding his hand behind is ear, taunting the booers, further endearing him to the crowd...

It was interesting to see Benteke play against Gibraltar with pretty much the same supporting cast as Lukaku. To me watching Benteke highlighted one of the biggest flaws in Lukaku's game. Unlike Lukaku who so many times finds himself nowhere near the ball when it is crossed into the box, Benteke is always there at the right spot. Granted, can't compare Girbaltar and Bosnia, but it's one of the things that bothers me most about Lukaku when watching Everton (and Belgium) play.

Interesting that I have often said he isn't very good in the air and its been met with opposition - certainly a 6ft 4 unit should be doing better....

well here is something to support that this is actually true....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/garbutt-evertons-romelu-lukaku-struggled-12005228#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$3

"You'd think he wins headers all the time. But I remember you said you put a ball in during training and he didn't head it and I remember you asked him why and he said 'I had an accident when I was a kid and I don't like heading the ball'."

Based on the defending, no you can't :lol:

disagree. This example is identical with the Messi comments about McGeady; paying respect to a player with potential

Messi saying mcgeady had skill and pace is accurate in terms of highlighting his strengths- it's not like he said he's a hard working player. Lukaku good in the air? I do think think his most ardent fans would agree with that as his strength Matt.

But yeah as above.... Pele said Diouf was on3 of the best living footballers.

Edited by Hafnia

IMO he thinks Lukaku is so far beneath him that when asked what he thinks about Lukaku he was taken aback and just said some things that could be said about any striker. Or he doesn't know which is which between Lukaku and Benteke.

That's not a good analogy. Benteke runs about and can head the ball. Lukaku doesn't/can't. :D