IGNORED

Blackburn (away)

iggy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rusty747

Watched the game in a sports bar in Amsterdam - same one that I saw the 2-2 with Villa in. Credit where it's due. I gave Moyes a pretty big serve after the Villa game but he went for it this time by bringing on Vic and Yak and, even at 2-2, I was at least happy with what we were trying to do. But to score the winner like we did really puts pressure on Villa and the RS.

No need for calculators though. We MUST win our remaining 3 games and hope that RS and Villa drop points. Goal difference is worth another point to the RS so I think they must finish on 62 points or less. They have 56. I can see them losing at home to Chelski, and WHU will be fighting for their lives tomorrow but I still think we will need Hull City to do us a favour on the last day of the season.

Anyone know how long we will be without Rodders, Ossie and Johnny? That said, Vic did well, Yak was great. But we need Johnny back pdq to get Neville out of midfield.

Fairs fair. I gave Moyes a big serve v Villa so here it is:

WELL DONE MOYESY. GREAT MANAGEMENT TODAY> MORE OF THE SAME V FULHAM, STOKE & POMPEY PLEASE!

This game kept the European dream alive, good goals from all our boys. The penalty was as clear as it comes and Mikel didn't dissapoint by cooly rolling the ball into the corner, full marks to Victor for heading on Bainsey's throw in to the Yak who didn't have much to do other than find the net. Our winning goal was something special, a lovely turn from Saha and great vision from Cahill to see the move. Full marks to him :)

And it also means that we took three points from that fat twat, Sam Allerdyce.

Always nice to get one over "Fat Sam"....mind you it's quite nice not to draw as well!

Good performance from the lads at a place where they don't lose that often.One thing we could learn from Blackburn would be to have a few more cracks from outside the area, Baines nearly got one, it would just be nice if we added long shots as an option when we are dominating the play against teams who expect us to keep going across the box and out wide.

The Yak and Anichebe both looked a handfull for their defence, and Cahill was up there when it mattered.

Arteta should probably have been sent off to be honest, guess that year out with injury is still a bit raw.....he's obviously not fully back to his best, it took three attempts to get his finger on target.The same can't be said about his penalty taking :)

Two defeats in about twenty games, a couple of those draws could have been wins! What the hell could a good start have done to this season?