IGNORED

Portsmouth (home)

iggy

The season finale, unfortunately a bit of a dead rubber with Pompey down regardless and us 8th regardless, nevertheless I hope to see a decent game from our point of view.

Pompey are struggling for a fit first XI at the moment and I expect some players may be given a rest prior to the cup final. with that in mind we should batter them 4-0 minimum.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Moyes giving the kids a run out, so I would be surprised with a runaway score line. Plus, Pompey have put up a bit of a fight recently. I'd go with 2-1 to us; Ossie and Bily

1 more point, it will be interesting to see if Peanuts plays:

I think I am definitely available for selection for Portsmouth
from

the OS.

http://www.evertonfc.com/history/player-of-the-season

Edited by galacticaracnid

Considering how far Pompey have to come up....im gonna shadow a guess that they will only get the bottom half of the Bullends?

Can't wait tbh. Gonna be sad seeing the Grand lady off for a few months :crying_anim:

It's their last Premiership game though mate, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd sold their entire allocation.

Im hoping we play a couple of the kids.

Mainly id like to see Duffy, Baxter, Vic and Rodwell all start. Im guessing JV is still on loan but if he isnt he can also start. My team would look something like this:

Howard

Hibbert, Duffy, Jags, Baines

Heitinga Arteta

Baxter Rodwell Vic

Yak/JV

Hopefully the boys will be up for it and not treat it like a dead rubber so 3-1 for me with Vic, Rodwell and Yak on the scoresheet.

Edited by Bailey

Yeah i'd go along with playing all the kids, we dont want any nasty injuries that will give us another rotten start next season, all the senior players have done well and worked hard to recover from the disastrous start, so they've earned an early holiday.

Would like to see Vic played in the middle as the main striker. ;)

I know i'm always shouting about playing the best possible team, but our present league position is final, we cant go any higher or lower, so lets give the fringe players a bit more experience.

im with mark...in every sense...but seriously i wouldnt put out the kids like BATE, it was shite and people pay good money. got to be sensible...give a few kids a go perhaps but dotn go overboard. duffy, turner, rodwell, wallace and a more central role for vic peraps...that'd do. so long as hope akpan doesn't play anyway, him against BATE = worst performance i've ever seen

I'd love Carlo Nash to get a run-out. He may not be with us next season and as a lifelong Evertonian I'd love to see him sign-off in front of a packed Goodison.

He hasn't even been on the bench lately.

I hope he plays Hibbert at RB with Pip out, none of this playing Jags at RB to squeeze Yobo into defence incase he's a bit pissed off about the splinters <_<.

He hasn't even been on the bench lately.

I hope he plays Hibbert at RB with Pip out, none of this playing Jags at RB to squeeze Yobo into defence incase he's a bit pissed off about the splinters <_<.

To be fair to Moyes I think he only did that because Stoke are massive, which kinda makes sense, but then doesnt because Yobo is crap...

I certainly wouldnt expect Jags to play RB tomorrow, but I do get the feeling he will play in order to give Capello another look.

some interesting facts nicked from the BBC:

• Everton are unbeaten in 10 matches since losing 2-1 at Tottenham in February.

• If they avoid defeat on Sunday, it will be their longest unbeaten run in the top flight since an 11-match streak from December 1985 to March 1986.

• Everton are the only Premier League team not to have had a penalty scored against them this season. They have conceded two but both have been missed.

Everton's highest possible finish: 8th (£10.4m)

Edited by galacticaracnid

some interesting facts nicked from the BBC:

• Everton are unbeaten in 10 matches since losing 2-1 at Tottenham in February.

• If they avoid defeat on Sunday, it will be their longest unbeaten run in the top flight since an 11-match streak from December 1985 to March 1986.

• Everton are the only Premier League team not to have had a penalty scored against them this season. They have conceded two but both have been saved

Everton's highest possible finish: 8th (£10.4m)

Fixed your post :lol: Tim Howard is god.

hehe, good point mate! Typical BBC :)

i know its early to start asking but anyone know of any links. Theyre usually on display on myp2p but is says there are no channels broadcasting yet. Normally can find the link the morning of the game.... anyway, any other links?

i know its early to start asking but anyone know of any links. Theyre usually on display on myp2p but is says there are no channels broadcasting yet. Normally can find the link the morning of the game.... anyway, any other links?

I didn't know about myp2p. Fox Sports on Foxtel (for us Aussies) usually covers most of Everton's matched in HD. But this time it's not even available as one of the extra Viewer's Choice options. I'm hoping it's a mistake in the guide like it has been before.

If not, then I'll have to try and get this myp2p thingy going.

I didn't know about myp2p. Fox Sports on Foxtel (for us Aussies) usually covers most of Everton's matched in HD. But this time it's not even available as one of the extra Viewer's Choice options. I'm hoping it's a mistake in the guide like it has been before.

If not, then I'll have to try and get this myp2p thingy going.

still nothing mentioned on it (http://myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football)

Its a nice idea for Nash but i dont see it happening.

some more interesting facts from the OS:

If the Toffees do not lose then it will be the 11th match unbeaten in the Premier League – a new record and our longest unbeaten run at the end of a campaign since we went 14 matches without defeat in the 1970 title-winning run-in.

If Phil Jagielka starts and Everton avoid defeat then the central defender will have started 11 league matches this season – encompassing the unbeaten run – and not lost. Only Mike Pejic – 19 games in 1978/79 – will have started more league matches for the Toffees in a single season and not been on the losing side.

If we avoid defeat it will mean only two league losses (out of 24 games) from the beginning of December to the end of the season, which is effectively a club record for that period – the Toffees lost two matches from December onwards in 1889/90, but played only nine games.

Expect a Toffees’ penalty on Sunday: we have been awarded a spot-kick in our final home match of the campaign in each of the previous four seasons.

The Toffees have scored on the final day of the season in every campaign since losing 2-0 to Middlesbrough at Goodison in 2000.

The Toffees have not won their final home game against an already relegated team since beating Bobby Robson’s Fulham 5-1 in May 1968. Since then Blackpool (0-0, 1970/71), Nottingham Forest (0-0, 1971/72), Southampton (0-3, 1973/74), Wolves (1-1, 1981/82) and West Brom (2-2, 2005/06) have all drawn or won.

Everton are the most fouled team in the Premier League this season and Steven Pienaar the most fouled player.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Pienaar, Osman, Rodwell, Arteta ©, Anichebe, Saha. Subs: Yobo, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Turner, Yakubu, Senderos, Baxter

Portsmouth: Ashdown, Finnan, Mokoena, Rocha, Mullins, Vanden Borre, Wilson, Diop, Boateng, Utaka, Piquionne. Subs: O'Brien, Basinas, O'Hara, Smith, Ritchie, Ben Haim