IGNORED

Craig Bellamy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either bellamy is taking an easy option here to just play at an easier level and still get paid by city or city aren't lettin him go to their rivals cos they can afford to just have him rot in the championship..either way it's wasting a year of his peak i just don't get it..maybe i'm bein ignorant to something?

and ten you are what you eat :P

WHy do we need anymore strikers. He is 31 may temporaryily improve the squad but in reality we should keep the money and buy big next season. I would expect us to let saha go if we sign bellamy. Saha has not looked interested for a long time I always thought he was a waste of space but I just don't want bellamy as another big money 30 something. I would rather give beckford a chance.

I (among many others, It seems) have suspected this to be true for a while - which is why I was confused by all the Everton talk popping up yesterday when it seemed a deal with on the verge with Cardiff.

Not a problem for me, certainly not interested in burning the money it would take to get him for a year.

• 8 months later...

No idea what he has been playing like this season but if he is still doing the business then I would like us to get him

I know its the championship but hes been fantastic by all accounts. Usuall Bellamy gets the ball and runs at the goal! Something we struggle to do.

• 1 month later...

Gotta weigh in, Bellamy was Cardiff's second best player this season. He had moments of brilliance coupled with an unrelenting attitude, he just never stopped running. Got injured a few times but was way better than Bothroyd and chopra and did well on the wings for cardiff as well. he won't play for everton though, he'll either come back to cardiff if the new manager is any good, or he'll stay and fight for a place at man city. either way, he won't be pulling on the royal blue jersey.

• 1 month later...

No link but in the Times it says we're preparing a loan move.

Imagine Bellamy and Barton in the same team along with Neville, Heitinga and Cahill - there would be noone hiding on the pitch at least!!!

Total squad aggression would increase by approximately 457%. excl.pngtongue.png

He is more likely to get struck by lightning than end up here. We broke the wage cap for Arteta (70k), whilst Bellamy is on 90k a week. He already stated that he wouldn't go back to Cardiff unless Man City subsidise his wages again, which they would most certainly have to do if he went to Celtic, and to be honest we have a better chance getting Johnson than Bellamy. Why would he come here? His family and friends are in Cardiff, and he has already stated he wouldn't move to another Prem club. This. Will. Not. Happen.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to rear this but i saw it after the BU links in the general section -

"I'd just finished [a loan period] at Celtic, and obviously with the problems I had at Newcastle with Graeme Souness, I was allowed me to speak to other clubs.

"David Moyes came down to Wales to see me. I spoke to him about football; where he wanted the team to go, and where he wanted me. He spoke really well - Everton is a good club, and you can't deny that fact.

"He said have a couple of weeks; I need to sign a few more players, and we'll see where we go from there. After a couple of weeks...I was all set to go to Everton.

"I was ready to sign, but the meeting I had in his house was completely different to the one a few weeks before. He had a list of rules; I don't know if someone had been in his ear, but he just seemed completely different.

"Bill Kenwright was on the phone pushing it...and then I felt, is he the one who's trying to sign me more? It just seemed like a U-Turn from him. I remember coming out of his house and telling my agent: no, this isn't going to happen.

"Then I went to Blackburn. I do feel though that if I'd gone to Everton that Summer, I'd still be there now".

He wouldnt have lasted at our club...

Moyes: "Reet Craig, today we are going to be playing West Ham at home so we are adopting a 4-5-1, you are the lone striker, but I want you to man mark their deepest midfielder"

Bellamy: "so that means a 4-6-0 then?"

Moyes: "No laddie, it's a 4-5-1. I want you to break, hold the ball up by the corner flag while you wait for Hibbo to get there and he will cross for Timmy and Felli"

Bellamy: "That's a joke, I kicked off at Newcastle for playing me as a right winger - do you think i'm gonna play as some sort of half cooked midfielder?!"

Moyes: "Oi!!! you watch it laddie!!! - look at Kilbane over there, does he moan? if you had his application then you may be as good as he is!"

Bellamy: "he's rubbish"

Moyes "That's it, your out!!!! - Alan this young lad Anichebe, is he ready?"

He wouldnt have lasted at our club...

Moyes: "Reet Craig, today we are going to be playing West Ham at home so we are adopting a 4-5-1, you are the lone striker, but I want you to man mark their deepest midfielder"

Bellamy: "so that means a 4-6-0 then?"

Moyes: "No laddie, it's a 4-5-1. I want you to break, hold the ball up by the corner flag while you wait for Hibbo to get there and he will cross for Timmy and Felli"

Bellamy: "That's a joke, I kicked off at Newcastle for playing me as a right winger - do you think i'm gonna play as some sort of half cooked midfielder?!"

Moyes: "Oi!!! you watch it laddie!!! - look at Kilbane over there, does he moan? if you had his application then you may be as good as he is!"

Bellamy: "he's rubbish"

Moyes "That's it, your out!!!! - Alan this young lad Anichebe, is he ready?"

OR

His determination, work ethic and willingness to win would have made him the perfect Moyes signing and he would have flourished under the guidance of one of the best managers in the business instead of wasting away in the Championship/City Reserves

OR

His determination, work ethic and willingness to win would have made him the perfect Moyes signing and he would have flourished under the guidance of one of the best managers in the business instead of wasting away in the Championship/City Reserves

Well said!

OR

Well said!

doesnt matter now anyway does it.