IGNORED

Who Do You Hope Gets Rafas Job?

Fulham owner Mohamed Al-Fayed believes manager Roy Hodgson will stick with the Cottagers rather than make the move to Liverpool (Hodgson 10/11f to be the next Liverpool manager).

Hodgson, who led Fulham to last season’s Europa League final, is the heavy favourite to take charge at Anfield following Rafael Benitez’s departure, but Al-Fayed expects Hodgson to remain at Craven Cottage.

Al-Fayed is quoted as saying: “I don’t think he’ll leave me.

“I’m sure he’ll have lots of approaches from other clubs, but I give him anything he wants to reach results and we have a very good relationship.”

A number of names have been linked with the Liverpool hot-seat (Liverpool 16/1 to win the 2010/2011 Premier League), including Jurgen Klinsman, Aston Villa boss Martin O’Neill and Kenny Dalglish.

Liverpool’s American owners are actively looking to sell the club but they are expected to appoint a new boss before the start of the new campaign even if they have failed to find a buyer.

Premier League betting blog: Next Liverpool manager

i want a 'big name manager' to come in for them, like the ex-Real Madrid guy, who will raise expectations of suceess, spend a shed load of money, achieve bugger all and leave next season with the Shite languishing in mid table, near bankrupt and morale destroyed.

MoN is a decent manager no matter how much you hate him, Hodgson has done wonders (in Europe at least) with a rag-tag team, i think either of them could be good for Liverpool, hence dont want them. King Kenny was sucessful last time with them apparently (going back a bit far for my memory) so not sure there.

screw it, i hope Sammy Lee gets it! Not likely but it would be great fun to watch :)

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06/19/liverpool-agree-deal-to-appoint-manuel-pellegrini-as-new-anfield-boss/

could be right here!

just found this too though:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/06/18/1983120/liverpool-hope-to-name-roy-hodgson-as-manager-next-week

Edited by galacticaracnid

But he was fairly successful as a club manager wasn't he :mellow: ?

Eight league titles with Milan, Roma, Juventus & Real (although the Juve one was taken away), four national cups and a Champions League.

And with England he has the highest win ration of any manager ever.

I know he's monumentally screwed up over the last couple of months but I don't think I'd want to risk him over the park. He may just return to type and win something :unsure: .

that will be a shame, i wanted him to take the England job. I rate him, good signin for the shite if it comes true...

Had a quick squint around the red forums (should that be fora :mellow: ?) and they don't seem to share that view.

Not at all happy.

Nice guy though....can't see him attempting to belittle us like Rafa did.

Dare i say it...might reunite the 'Merseyside' togetherness....?

That appears a long way off at the moment. There is a real hatred at Derby games these days. Not been helped by silly comments by Benitez when things did quiten down a bit. There is more trouble at these games than any other games during the season. We can come up with lots of reasons why there is but at the moment there doesn't seem to be an answer to stop it. :(

Hodgson confirmed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8721942.stm

The moderators on RAWK feel it neccessary to post this instruction....

"Moderation Note:

Now that Roy Hodgson is Liverpool manager he deserves the same sort of respect that we demand from posters for all Liverpool managers."

Pretty much shows how they feel about it :lol: .

LOL, they seem to be totally against the move seeing it as a total step down from Benitez. I think some of the Kopites expected Mourinho to come or something :/ I think that Hodgeson will do well at Anfield and I actually like the man (meaning they're not 100% arseholes anymore) but I'm happy with him taking over because I can't see him getting them to 4th this season. I reckon it will be another 6th/7th.

And I'm pretty sure he'll only last about two seasons, he's not going to deliver what they're expecting I'm sure of it.

Hodgson...

"One thing they made clear to me is we have to work within whatever restraints are in place at the club, but they've also made clear that if we were unfortunate to lose somebody then that money would be made available, I'm hoping that won't be the case because I don't want to lose anybody, but we haven't gone much further than that."

Sounds like they're preparing the ground for one or two to to jump ship :) .

Maybe the rumours of Gerrard fucking off were true.

I hope Gerrard stays, he didn't do that much last year.

A year older, even more unhappy (if that's possible), it would be better if he were at anfield, than bringing in some funds.Another season or two and he really wont be worth that much.I think having captain fantastic around will make Hodgsons job harder.

If they win the first few games and are above Everton he will be a hero!.....but just watch if things go badly from the start.