IGNORED

Newcastle United (Home)

dark

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even going to attempt to predict the score on this one, it all depends on which Everton team Moyes selects and then whether they decide to turn up! There is no real reason why we shouldnt be able to get at them and knock at least a couple past them but going on past games I can already see Carroll is going to cause us some problems.

My solution is to get Felli to man mark him in the same way he did against Kenwyn Jones at Sunderland last season. He completely nullified him that day and I would imagine if he did something similar to Carroll he might lose his rag and do something stupid to get sent off (providing Felli keeps his head).

My team would be:

---------Howard

Coleman Jags Heits Baines

----------Felli

Billy----Arteta----Pienaar

-----Cahill----Yak

Hopefully we get the ball down and play, both Yakubu and Cahill can boss their CB's and should be able to creat some space for Pienaar and Billy to come inside like they often do.

I fully expect Neville or Hibbert to start ahead of Coleman, which I wouldnt mind too much but I think it would be a wasted opportunity to give him a crack.

Distin should definitely be dropped for this game, and providing Felli stays deep to pick up Carroll when we dont have the ball we wont miss his height and strength (although they also have to be queried!).

I also hope Vic is fit to play some part and give Nolan a small (but legal..ish) taste of revenge!

Edited by Bailey

Here's hoping we've had our turn around moment and start playing like the team we all know we are. Moyes needs to take a few gambles with this line-up and leave out Hibbo, Distin and Osman.

----------Howard------------

--Pip--Jags-Johnny--Baines--

----------Felli-------------

--Coleman-Arteta--Pienaar---

-------Cahill---------------

-------------Yak------------

I'd put that squad past most, especially the Toon. Should be a comfortable win with a CLEAN SHEET. After putting up 3 against United, the boys know they can score, now they need to show they can defend.

right, after a 5am start im not quite sober but id stick with thumping them with this team:

----------Howard------------

--Pip--Jags-Johnny--Baines--

----------Felli-------------

--Coleman-Arteta--Pienaar---

-------Cahill---------------

-------------Becks----------

mostly copied from Bluenose above, but id give Becks at least 60mins against a team we can take apart. His pace will be more useful than Yaks weight/strength here and its a level of opposition he can get some confidence against.

This HAS to be our first win of the season. No excuses. It won't be an easy game but it's one that we simply have to take three points from.

Alot of people will be calling COleman to start but he'll no doubt play the full 90 midweek in the reserves so i'd still use him as an impact player for this game. As long as he keeps getting little jaunts then he'll keep improving but lets not expect too much too soon, especially if he's most likely going to have completed a 90 prior in the week. I would however try out the Jags and Johnny partenership in central defence.

----------Howard----------

Hibbert Jags Johnny Baines

----------Felli-----------

Bily----- Arteta ----Pienaar

-------Cahill-------------

------------Yakubu--------

Edited by jamiemaher85

My team would be:

---------Howard

Coleman Jags Heits Baines

----------Felli

Billy----Arteta----Pienaar

-----Cahill----Yak

I'd go with this. Our attacking play has been so lopsided down the left so far this season Moyes simply has to try something different to the Ossie-Hibbo combo down the right, it just offers nothing. Osman tries hard but is woefully out of position, and while I think Hibbo has actually played pretty well this season, Coleman's pace, directness and crossing ability mark him out as the one player in the squad who can do the Baines job down the right. It's not like he's going to get exposed defensively against any world-class flying wingers in the squad - go on Moyes, grow a pair and give him a full 90. I think his pace and mobility could be a good foil for Bily too.

Unfortunately I fully expect Distin to keep his place, especially as Moyes will be concerned by Carroll's height. I think Jags and Heits would be able to handle him fine but Moyes tends to not drop players on the back of one bad performance. The problem is if Distin plays it means either dropping heitinga or moving him into midfield, possibly at the expense of the Yak with another no-striker 11 starting.

I'm going for 2-0 us, The Yak and Cahill

I don't think Distin is rubbish, but I gotta agree that we play our best where available and I think that's Jags/Heitinga. Hoping to see:

Hibbo-Jags-Heintinga-Bainesy

Felli

Bily-Arteta-Peanuts

Cahill - Yak

For subs, I think Coleman has what it takes to provide energy off the bench, so bring him in for Hibbo or even Bily. If Ossie is going to play, I hope he starts, would rather have Bily off the bench if it comes to it. Becks for Cahill if it seems right might be fine too.

I'm going 3 - 1 to the boys in blue. Yak, Cahill, Arteta. And one for Carroll as i'll probably start him on my fantasy team with Arteta :lol:

Guest Reg Reagan

That Carroll is absolute wank! not concerned about him or as a future great number 9. he is poo. everton 2-0 becks and bily

He is poo but i also think he is better then ladyboy torres.

3-0 Becks, arteta and bily to score

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Jagielka, Arteta, Distin, Beckford, Pienaar, Osman, Fellaini.

Subs: Mucha, Bilyaletdinov, Neville, Gueye, Coleman, Yakubu, Barkley

Newcastle: Harper, Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Nolan, Williamson, Barton, Carroll, Routledge, Perch, Titote, Ben Arfa.

Subs: Campbell, Lovenkrands, R.Taylor, Smith, Gutierrez, Ameobi, Krul.

IMO that is a shit team and shows he learnt fuck all from our last game... Moyes really winds me up sometimes! Hopefully he will at least play Fellaini deeper alongside heitinga (two dm's at home against a promoted team?! Shocking...) and let Arteta wander.

We will still have Osman on the right, Heitinga in midfield and probably Felli out of position. I am expecting a big performance from Distin, very much last chance saloon for me. He shouldnt have too much trouble from the movement of Carroll and due to his size and strength he should be able to deal with him phsyically, but that should have been the same with carew against Villa and he riped him a new one that game so we shall see!

It's a 4-2-3-1 against a 4-2-3-1. But theirs seems to be more attacking-minded on paper. Why not play Felli-Arteta-Osman in the centre of the pitch and Coleman/Bily on the right? Heitinga can play in defense or he can sit on the bench. Why force him in the team?

Nice to see Barkley among the subs though.