IGNORED

Time To Go?

jcrawfor

I'm inclined to agree with this article.

My link

Always been a huge DM fan, but this year I'm growing very weary of his shit tactics and retarded selections. Seriously my dog could make more sense of the team than Moyes has this year. Can't think of any reason he should be kept ATM, past aside, what has he done for the team in the past year? No cup runs, poor selection, 8th place finish, meaningless preseason, 5 games without a win, negative tactics, and all while being more stubborn than a deaf ass.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly this is the 1st time I've actually thought this and discussed it with my mates... I don't want him to go and am not going to starting getting on his back but it's getting a bit frustrating that he's not putting out the team that I'd imagine 90% of Evertonians would all want to see at least tried, something like...

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Jags Baines

Arteta Fellaini

Bily Cahill Pienaar

Saha/Yak (either)

Okay we've got one or two injuries but to not play Heitinga (a world cup finalist at centre back!!!) at CB is criminal instead he's stopping the pairing of felli/arteta by pushing felli up and putting heitinga in the role he looks least effective in - if moyes refuses to split jags/distin then at least put heitinga rb and maybe coleman right mid. Coleman has looked bright enough to deserve a start and osman is once again proving he's not a fooking right winger!!!

I don't know if it's time to go but he's got to wake up and stop keeping faith with his favourites, stop trying to fit players into the starting 11 in any way possible and play people in their best positions, and please make decent substitutions.

Osman is now a squad player, it's obvious to every one but Moyes for some reason. Fellaini is not a bastard supporting striker, he's a class defensive midfielder so fucking play him there! Heitinga is an OK DM but he's a quality CB, so don't fuck up the balance of the side just because you refuse to drop Distin or Jags. Right now I don't particularly care which of those two he drops to get Heitinga where he should be. Bily is not a winger so stop playing him there ffs. Beckford is trying to find his feet at this level so don't play him upfront on his own and then launch the ball at him all game long. Either play him with a strike partner or bring him on from the bench to run at tired defences.

I've said it before; but I honestly believe that the majority of us on here would put a better side out than Moyes.

I'm so angry at everything about the game today. Fuck.

I'm inclined to agree with this article.

My link

Always been a huge DM fan, but this year I'm growing very weary of his shit tactics and retarded selections. Seriously my dog could make more sense of the team than Moyes has this year. Can't think of any reason he should be kept ATM, past aside, what has he done for the team in the past year? No cup runs, poor selection, 8th place finish, meaningless preseason, 5 games without a win, negative tactics, and all while being more stubborn than a deaf ass.

What have the Romans ever done for us!

Ridiculous post not going to even bother trying to explain why

I'd like to think that finally playing 'shit' today, instead of pretty will wake him (moyes) up!....well it has to doesn't it?

Haven't we become reliant on Cahill, if not for his goals then his passion, if we have then it's pretty sad.

what has Moyes done for us!.....Didn't someone say no cup runs!!, what about an FA cup final, a semi against Chelsea the season before and decent league placings, infact better than decent to be honest, all this with a dire injury list.

We haven't before today played badly, infact we outplayed a couple of teams, but just couldn't finish them.

BUT TODAY, and thank God I only saw the first half we really were crap, I'd say Moyes 50% the players 50%.

Today I saw Hibbert make the worst timed tackle in history....give Coleman a chance Moyes......."if your good enough, your old enough".

OH!.....I almost forgot, you bought Beckford for his ability to feed off through balls, well can you try and get those lads on £50,000 a week to actually fuc%ing give some.

Finally......Victor Anichebe.....get well soon!

I fuckin love Davey but fuck me we need to pick our best eleven. Dystin is not good enough and we need Johnny playing where he should be. The obvious thing to me is again we havnt improved the squad so players are coasting because they know they are playing every week. We desperately needed a striker and as usual we just cracked on instead of buying or at least loaning.You telling me Madrid or Barca havnt got a spare striker to loan who is desperate for a game? When Tim is back we could do worse than playing him up top with Bily in the hole. Fucking Martin O'neil? i hate that cunt!!!

I meant what I said. Moyes' managerial tactics have been the reason we missed out on Europe, the reason we were played out of Europa, the reason we had a shitty pre-season schedule, and now the reason we've taken 2 points from 15. Simply saying, "aw, well a little luck our way and we'd have had it," is bullshit. Good teams finish games, and when they don't the manager needs to make a change, sooner rather than later. Distin shouldn't have finished the Utd match and he probably shouldn't have been handed the start this week (although he was worth his weight today). And then today's match...at no other moment has Moyes' thick-headedness been so blatantly apparent. Now, with his full squad Moyes has to make decisions, instead of having them made for him, he's not once proved he can make the right decision, even the draw v. Utd we were shit in the back and changes should have been made. And going forward, we may have had 23 shots, but less than a third of those were on target or really had a chance of going in. Moyes should have made changes sooner, and that's the story of his management style for the past year, making changes too late and not having the vision to foresee and deal with problems even infants in the stands see coming. I hope he proves me wrong in the next couple months and that we storm back to the upper-echelons of the league, but unless he changes and plays the best players in their best positions (something every fan could do) it won't happen.

I meant what I said. Moyes' managerial tactics have been the reason we missed out on Europe, the reason we were played out of Europa, the reason we had a shitty pre-season schedule, and now the reason we've taken 2 points from 15. Simply saying, "aw, well a little luck our way and we'd have had it," is bullshit. Good teams finish games, and when they don't the manager needs to make a change, sooner rather than later. Distin shouldn't have finished the Utd match and he probably shouldn't have been handed the start this week (although he was worth his weight today). And then today's match...at no other moment has Moyes' thick-headedness been so blatantly apparent. Now, with his full squad Moyes has to make decisions, instead of having them made for him, he's not once proved he can make the right decision, even the draw v. Utd we were shit in the back and changes should have been made. And going forward, we may have had 23 shots, but less than a third of those were on target or really had a chance of going in. Moyes should have made changes sooner, and that's the story of his management style for the past year, making changes too late and not having the vision to foresee and deal with problems even infants in the stands see coming. I hope he proves me wrong in the next couple months and that we storm back to the upper-echelons of the league, but unless he changes and plays the best players in their best positions (something every fan could do) it won't happen.

So fuck all to do with the crippling injury list or the wafer thin squad then?

Moyes is the reason we are not a Championship club so spare me the bull shit knee jerk reactions plaease. Besides just exactly who do you think could do a better job than him knowing that they would have no money to spend?

1) "I meant what I said" - what are you implying here? That you have spoken and that everyone should agree, because that is how it reads to me.

2) Distin "shouldn't have been handed the start this week (although he was worth his weight today)" - some evidence about what sportsmen (and people in general) are all about. Distin was awful against United, so today he played and performed much better, at least showing some determination to improve?

So fuck all to do with the crippling injury list or the wafer thin squad then?

Moyes is the reason we are not a Championship club so spare me the bull shit knee jerk reactions plaease. Besides just exactly who do you think could do a better job than him knowing that they would have no money to spend?

I agree with DuncanMcismagic. Like most Blues I'm sure, I had a terrible Saturday night sitting around like a bear with a sore head. And yesterday of course is on top of what has already come this season. I do think it is reasonable that the question is just starting to be asked about DM, but I still believe he is our best asset (by some distance) and will come good. In Moyes I trust.

Give Lenny Henry an 8pm Saturday night slot, not cos he's any good, but just remember comic relief and all he did. Should that happen? Nope. Same as moyes does not deserve the right to mess up a club he has taken so far. Yes, all we have is down to him, good and bad. The fact is expectations are high now, he has a team some managers would love, but he isn't getting the best from them. Heitinga in midfield? Osman, weak as kitten, fellaini attacking midfield, distin? Has he caught benitezitus?

Guest Reg Reagan

Moyes out, Martin O'neil or Pellegrini in

those 2 would be a step backwards.

Moyes knows our team inside out but his tactics and team selection yesterday was short of pathetic. we should have won that game against those geordie twats

good god, this is crazy. 5 games in, a shite start and people start calling for the bosses head. were 6 points behind 3rd as it stands. 6 points with 33 games left to go. this is just so stupid it makes me more angry than the performance yesterday....

To be honest with you I dont think it is just these 5 games. Moyes has the same consistent failings every time and he doesnt learn and then when you think he just might be cottoning on he starts Rodwell on the right wing or Fellaini as a striker or brings on Osman when the pace of Gueye or Coleman would be better.

We have a quality squad who if played in the correct positions could beat any team in the premiership. If we press hard, get the ball down and into the feet of Yakubu, and also create overlaps on the flanks with Baines & Coleman to whip in balls for the likes of Cahill and Felli to score from. This is all incidentally what we did in the last 10mins against Utd, also what we did to the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal & Chelsea last year, but when it comes to Newcastle at home we sit back let them play and then when we have the ball we move it slow, play it long and generally dont do the things that have made us successful.

Having said that if Moyes were to go Im not sure who we should get in. No other manager will want to work on such tight funds as he has done for the last few years. My main choice would be Martin Jol but it wont happen. I guess I wouldnt say no to jose mourinho either!

Edited by Bailey

He is paid to make the club progress, he gas done that but the stakes are high now. It's a results business, At the moment his decision making is called into question. How often are managers of teams that win questioned? It would be a shame to see him fail, he evidently can take a poor team and make them efficient, he can do that on a budget, the. Question is, is he a winner, a poor cup record and top 4 record says not.

moyes has a lot going for him and has earned the extra time to get things right without bein questioned..but he needs to have a word about his matchday management because it is about the worst i have ever seen..he has done well with an injury hit squad that picked itself but now he has options he hasnt a scooby doo what to do...im worried that he cannot see the obvious and that he seems to play his favourites ahead of players who would do a better job

The only time I'd consider getting rid of Moyes would be if he got us relegated. Besides that he's earned a season or two in trust.

Anyone who thinks that Moyes's time has come has taken severe leave of their fucking senses.

Almost got through a post without cursing. Almost.

Besides just exactly who do you think could do a better job than him knowing that they would have no money to spend?

Totally agree. There's nobody available that would realistically even match what Moyes has done. We know he has failings, but we just have to hope he's learning and improving. He's not going to be satisfied with the start, so hopefully he's going to realise some of the reasons for that.

Two days gone and I'm agreeing with you guys; I spoke too harshly and too quickly. Moyes still deserves to be severely questioned as some of the mistakes he's making currently are elementary at best, however calling for the ax was too severe. Please, Moyes let's see a decent formation at Craven Cottage this weekend so I (and many others) have reason to hope you're beginning to learn from your mistakes.

He is paid to make the club progress, he gas done that but the stakes are high now. It's a results business, At the moment his decision making is called into question. How often are managers of teams that win questioned? It would be a shame to see him fail, he evidently can take a poor team and make them efficient, he can do that on a budget, the. Question is, is he a winner, a poor cup record and top 4 record says not.

yeah i suppose so. I mean, only our 1st cup final in god knows how long, a semi final too and before Spurs the only team to break into and threaten the Top 4 in 10 years, with next to no money along the way.... :rolleyes:

i heard somewhere that this is our worst start in 15 years. Sad really, except 15 years ago we beat Utd to win the FA Cup. Whoever is writing the season off already needs to lay off the crack pipe....

Edited by galacticaracnid

Please, Moyes let's see a decent formation at Craven Cottage this weekend so I (and many others) have reason to hope you're beginning to learn from your mistakes.

I wouldn't bet on that. He's taking absolutely no responsibility for the way things have started for us. He's going on about needing to get tough on the players, he doesn't realise that he is as much to blame for this shit as the players are!

I wouldn't bet on that. He's taking absolutely no responsibility for the way things have started for us. He's going on about needing to get tough on the players, he doesn't realise that he is as much to blame for this shit as the players are!

Exactly what I was thinking! I dont see him learning from blatant mistakes, he just says the players need to give more and how he needs to get 'tough' on them etc etc