IGNORED

Santa Cruz

"Everton will ask Manchester City for the loan of Roque Santa Cruz in the New Year, as they look to arrest their poor form in front of goal this season".

New year, :blink: cant see it cos if we leave it till then, we will either be beyond help and still lying at the bottom of the league, or we will be in the top half with 4 or 5 fit strikers. :)

When fit he is better than any of the strikers at the club and if a loan is all we can afford I dont see why not.

He would have a point to prove to City which should make him hungry (not in the Yak "who ate all the pies?" type hungry either!)which cant be a bad thing

I heard Jo when i read that...

The only reason he is valued so highly is because Hughes has a boner for him, its that simple. IF he is fit hes very good, not amazing. I would rather have the Yak and thats saying something...

Edited by galacticaracnid

When the Yak or Saha are fully fit, they are two of the best strikers in the prem but the argument is that Cruz is never fit, so we wont benefit either way?

If you want a good, fit striker who isnt seeing much game time, a loan for a player like Benzema would be a benefit and improvement on what we have :)

When the Yak or Saha are fully fit, they are two of the best strikers in the prem but the argument is that Cruz is never fit, so we wont benefit either way?

If you want a good, fit striker who isnt seeing much game time, a loan for a player like Benzema would be a benefit and improvement on what we have :)

Saha is never fit and hasnt played well since he got his new contract anyway and Yak hasnt done it for over 2 years so they cant seriously be considered as two of the best strikers in the Prem

I wouldnt put either in the top 20 strikers in the Prem.

Benzema would be a great idea if we could persuade Real to pay his wages and convince him to ignore European football

• 4 weeks later...

I love the idea of Benzema, I think he'd be a great fit.

Guest Reg Reagan

Strikers need to play regular to be sharp, they need to be sharp to be on top of their game and score regular.

We only have one striker without any overriding fitness or injury concerns and he ain't good enough.

Santa Cruz, big No No

the fitness issue is the only question mark about Santa Cruz but he is a very sharp striker when he is fit. Dont think of his days at shitteh... just remember what he was like at Blackburn

the fitness issue is the only question mark about Santa Cruz but he is a very sharp striker when he is fit. Dont think of his days at shitteh... just remember what he was like at Blackburn

Saha is the same and better when fit in my opinion.

This is a no go i hope, let him follow Hughes to Fulham....

• 1 month later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339649/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-tracking-City-strikers-Emmanuel-Adebayor-Roque-Santa-Cruz.html#ixzz18RzMQjJY

Linked again along with Adebayor.

Santa Cruz isn't good enough and Adebayor will be loaned out to a foreign team I reckon. Not to mention we couldn't afford his wages even with City paying some, and I doubt he'd want to come to us.

I cant stand Adebayor... HE has all the physical attributes to be one of the best strikers in the world yet between the ears he is thick as shit and only gives a toss about himself.

Have to agree with this, plus if he was available we could not afford him here..

• 3 weeks later...