IGNORED

Liverpool (Home)

MikeO

side note: was walking through the carpark along side the camera vans out of Goodison when i noticed a gang of people and passers by crowding a car. Unbeknown to most at first, it was Fellaini and his misses. Within seconds his car was bombarded by fans screaming his name, singing songs and general all out hysteria...his face was class.

Silly boy was late to the game, which resulted in his car being parked nearest the gates on Bulland Road, as a result he tried to scoot early to miss the crowds but obviously got crowded very quickly. It was funny seeing him react to the attention but also cover the embarrassing fact that he had to park by the bins because he was late!!

Twas funny :) thought id share lol

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THAT was a performance. That performance is why we all love being Evertonians. That is how to get the pride back. That is how to stick it to a shit football team. That is how you fucking play. That is how you fucking win.

I'm so proud of our boys after that game today. That's what we've all been crying out for. Forget individuals, we were a team today. There was no Cahill, Arteta, Neville, Osman etc etc. We were EVERTON. Full stop. They all lay it on the line right from the off and never let up. Our defence has been our weak point so far this season, but every one of our back four should be proud of themselves after the way they played today. That Goodison turf is coated in the sweat of the mighty blues right now. No question.

Craeming sesh over, onto the game. For the first 5 minutes of the game we didn't get near the ball. Then it seemed to hit our players that this Liverpool side is not a side that should be feared or respected. That we were on our own turf and if they wanted the ball they were going to have to fight for it. So our mdifield and forward players stepped up to the plate and ran their hearts out to get that ball back. It didn't matter if they had to go through the Liverpool players to get it, they were going to get the ball back. And if they couldn't then they were going pressurise their players into making a mistake. The biggest proponent of this attitude was probably Osman. He was admirable tbh. He put everything into his performance, he left nothing behind. After that initial 5 minute period the game was ours. Literally all ours. We thoroughly earned our lead because we dominated them and, to be fair, could have been out of sight by half time. Again in the second half Liverpool had another 5 minute spell of possession but then we got back into it and deservedly got a second goal. I hoped that would give the players more confidence but they seemed to shit themselves a bit, and for half an hour Liverpool took control. However, for all of their possession they barely tested us. And when Beckford came on we looked the far more dangerous of the two sides. 3 points. Happy days.

COYB!

Howard - Barely had a thing to do but when he was called upon he was quality.

Neville - Not the best passing display you'll ever see but he had a decent game.

Jagielka - Absolutely flawless in his defensive duties. Threw himself infront of everything and stalked Torres wherever he went on the pitch so he was always under pressure and couldn't really do anything all game. He did have a few wayward passes and too many long balls though. But you could tell he wasn't fit tbh, and that makes his performance even more impressive.

Distin - It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Distin but he was amazing today. I cannot believe I've just said that :lol:. He won so many headers and made countless blocks when we were under the cosh. He was a man mountain and held our defence together.

Baines - Brilliant. We all know how good he is going forward and he didn't disappoint today. The lad must be sponsored by Lucozade the amount of energy he must use getting up and down the touchline for 90 minutes! He put in a great defensive shift too.

Coleman - I love this boy, I really do. He makes me smile because he just has no fear. Give him the ball and he only knows one way; and that's to run forward with it. Doesn't matter if there's 1 or 3 opposition players infront of him, he's going to come at you and that's that. Today was a prime example of that. The Liverpool defenders absolutely shit themselves over little Seamus today. The two idiot defenders didn't have a clue what to do with him in the build up to Cahill's goal.

Arteta - He didn't hit the heights we know he's capable of but that was much more like the Arteta we know he can be. He was actually involved in pretty much everything we tried to do even though he still sat a little too deep at times. And what a hit for his goal, peach!

Heitinga - Very disappointing. He never got into the game at all and he provided very little protection for the defence.

Osman - Another quality performance from Ossie today. He had the beating of Carragher right from the off and went past him on numerous occasions, and his link up play with Baines was lovely. He was also like an annoying little knat and never gave their right side a moments peace. I was gutted when he had to come off :o.

Cahill - For the past year or so I've been a critic of Cahill but today not a single criticism can be levelled at him. He was perfect. Immense. Quality. Class. Amazing. Legendary. It wasn't even just a typical Cahill performance either really. Yes he won loads of headers. Yes he bullied their defenders. Yes he hustled. But ontop of all that he used the ball at his feet brilliantly. Stand up Sir Tim Cahill :P. My MOTM.

Yakubu - All that was missing from Yak's game today was a goal. He put one hell of a shift in and it was no wonder he was absolutely fucked with 20 minutes to go. He was up there with Cahill in putting pressure on their defence. He held the ball up so fucking well it was untrue. He brought our midfield into attacks time after time. Also that's probably the most times I've seen him run at defenders in a single game. Quality performance. Keep that up and the goals will come.

Sums it all up as always! really enjoy reading your after game posts you see it how it is an tell the game like you played in it! Was gutted reading through the page an seen you lost your post an thought you weren't going to put your summary of the game up! But u did an must have wrote it all again! an im glad you did because you were spot on as usual ;) what a game from timmy tho haven't seen him play like that ever! he done his job behind the striker as usual but his midfield work was amazing. his passing movement an determination was just class! He was on the same pitch as joe cole doing the same postion as he dose an taught him a lesson on how to attack! a great game a great win an now lets climb up the table! to be honest we avent played bad at all this season we just haven't found the net another win and where right up there with the so called big boys. Liverpool and Man U have got alot more to think about than we have! COYB!

GREAT GAME.. and what a result!!!

Great day for me aswell got to meet all the players and got a shirt signed.. Bro and the Lil ones got to take pennos at half time!! Great day and to top it off we won!

COYB!!!

And to be fair im taking credit for Distin's performance because we had a lil chat before the game!... did not know he was that tall!

haha yeh he was mate he always gets it done!

We won it off radio city the 24 hour breakfast thing.. was a great day we all got given shirts and got to meet all the players who then signed em... Gettin all the photos sent to me by everton soon so will post some up.

Bainsey loved the everton badge in me bros hair lol

Only just noticed but does Seamus Coleman get annoyed with Cahill after his goal on Saturday? After Coleman (who made the goal) went over to hug Tim he was pushed away and it looks as if Seamus shoves him back, rightly annoyed.

Anyone else noticed :S

Only just noticed but does Seamus Coleman get annoyed with Cahill after his goal on Saturday? After Coleman (who made the goal) went over to hug Tim he was pushed away and it looks as if Seamus shoves him back, rightly annoyed.

Noticed it but was all good natured imo.

As mentioned in a few previous posts, the Yaks muscular shoulder charge was a wonderful sight to behold.......BUT surely it needs pointing out to 'big' Yak, that whilst a shoulder charge is a perfectly legal move......you usually have to wait for an opponent to actually come near you before you can excecute it.

Running away from the ball in an attempt to find someone to 'shoulder charge'....isn't nice.......but it is funny, thanks Yak.....icing on cake and all that! :)

As mentioned in a few previous posts, the Yaks muscular shoulder charge was a wonderful sight to behold.......BUT surely it needs pointing out to 'big' Yak, that whilst a shoulder charge is a perfectly legal move......you usually have to wait for an opponent to actually come near you before you can excecute it.

Running away from the ball in an attempt to find someone to 'shoulder charge'....isn't nice.......but it is funny, thanks Yak.....icing on cake and all that! :)

off the pitch it mightve been seen as assault!

I was so surprised at their fans, usually they'll say we'll beat you easy, no contest etc etc, but most fans this season seemed resigned to a defeat, and some even forecast Cahill to score.

This is only a few from the "Speaking with the enemy" but i've been back to the Reds forum to have another look, and only 2 of about 30 said they would scrape a win. :)

6 .... And finally, How will the game go and what do think the result will be. ?

Castle Red .. 2-2 draw with you giving us a footballing lesson, but our new found spirit from the promising ownership news helps us nick a draw

InTORRESting .. If we had not been taken over I would say Everton to win comfortably through set pieces and crosses into the box. However, whenever announcements like this happen the feelgood factor tends to kick in so by this - probably deluded - reasoning, I say us to nick it with Gerrard doing the damage. Finally, I will be amazed if Cahill doesn't score a header!

Ngog We Trust .. 2-0 to your lot unfortunately, but if the Yanks have gone and there's an atmosphere from the away end I reckon we'll do you.

AGGERaphobic .. Can't see any other result than an Everton win...2-0, 2-1

The Special One .. You will bum us like we've never been bummed before. If you look at the performance of both teams this season, we've deserved everything we've gotten where as you've been playing much better than the results show. I'll expect to see DVDs flying off the shelves come Monday.

Dirty Sanchez .. I can't see Liverpool winning. The players will be well up for it and I'm sure it will be the usual "fiesty" encounter. I reckon at least 8 yellows, probably at least one sending off, probably Phil Neville if tradition is anything to go by, at least one stretchering off and Everton will probably win 1 or 2 nil. At least one of them will be a Cahill header.

The Spurs fans are a bit more confident.

Mark Lawrenson...

"So, it is official. Everton are now the leading team on Merseyside.

Id said before the derby that, looking through the respective squads, it seemed as though David Moyes has the better personnel available.

And having watched Everton cruise to victory on Sunday, the result, and performacne of both teams, merely underlines that view.

Liverpool may have been utterly woeful, but take nothing away from Everton. Moyess side thoroughly deserved the win, and it was partly their efforts that made their neighbours loko so poor.

Everton were the better team on the day, they had the better individual performance, they understood it was a derby and what was at stake, they played the game at the pace they decided and ultimately dictated and basically swamped Liverpool.

If you picked a Merseyside team right now, the majority of players will come from Everton. And thats not on form, thats on overall ability. Theres maybe four, most definitely three Liverpool players, but the rest are from Goodison.

Just look at Seamus Coleman. He cost about 60 grand. Yes, money is a great thing to have but its just as much about spotting talent and seeing how it can work in a team, and thats down to the manager.

Both Merseyside teams are much better than they are showing, but its clear Everton have got a great chance of finishing higher than Liverpool this season.

After a poor start, they are finding form. Seven points from nine and three clean sheets mean they can look up rather than down the table once again. Moyes managed to get Yakubu like a spring chicken on Sunday. He has looked lame, in a polite way, until now, but against Liverpool he was really up for it.

The ball stuck to him, and it allowed Tim Cahill to fetch possession off him and build attacks. Youd have Yakubu in your team ahead of Torres on this form.

Once ahead, Everton got their tactics spot on. As soon as Liverpool started knocking it sideways, Everton sat back and let them have it until Torres or Gerrard had the ball, and then they were surrounded.

It was so easy to play against Liverpool. But Everton made it that way."

has anybody got a clip of timmy cahill strangling Alonso in the lead up to our goal in the derby a few years back, i believe it was when we trounced them 3-0

Got it somewhere, you just want to see it or get a copy?

Mark Lawrenson...

"So, it is official. Everton are now the leading team on Merseyside.

I’d said before the derby that, looking through the respective squads, it seemed as though David Moyes has the better personnel available.

And having watched Everton cruise to victory on Sunday, the result, and performacne of both teams, merely underlines that view.

Liverpool may have been utterly woeful, but take nothing away from Everton. Moyes’s side thoroughly deserved the win, and it was partly their efforts that made their neighbours loko so poor.

Everton were the better team on the day, they had the better individual performance, they understood it was a derby and what was at stake, they played the game at the pace they decided and ultimately dictated and basically swamped Liverpool.

If you picked a Merseyside team right now, the majority of players will come from Everton. And that’s not on form, that’s on overall ability. There’s maybe four, most definitely three Liverpool players, but the rest are from Goodison.

Just look at Seamus Coleman. He cost about 60 grand. Yes, money is a great thing to have but it’s just as much about spotting talent and seeing how it can work in a team, and that’s down to the manager.

Both Merseyside teams are much better than they are showing, but it’s clear Everton have got a great chance of finishing higher than Liverpool this season.

After a poor start, they are finding form. Seven points from nine and three clean sheets mean they can look up rather than down the table once again. Moyes managed to get Yakubu like a spring chicken on Sunday. He has looked lame, in a polite way, until now, but against Liverpool he was really up for it.

The ball stuck to him, and it allowed Tim Cahill to fetch possession off him and build attacks. You’d have Yakubu in your team ahead of Torres on this form.

Once ahead, Everton got their tactics spot on. As soon as Liverpool started knocking it sideways, Everton sat back and let them have it until Torres or Gerrard had the ball, and then they were surrounded.

It was so easy to play against Liverpool. But Everton made it that way."

Was he still asleep at the start of this article?!

I took 1 for the team on Sunday. I didnt watch the game on purpose, Sky +it. I woke up Sunday AM and thought to myself that I havent watched Everton beat the shite on TV for as long as I can remember. When we won 3-0 a few years back I was playing cricket that day so didnt see the game. So I told the Mrs lets go out and we did although I did keep tabs on my phone.

Mrs Couldnt believe it when we got in and I said I wanted to watch the game :lol: