IGNORED

Liverpool (Home)

MikeO

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very flash Bill! I would think thats the team, only possibility would be Maggie on the left instead of Ossie, hopefully only as sub though.

As for Torres, he will either be shite, do his hamstring again or score a hatrick.

The biggest thing, despite a resounding win, will be seeing Arteta putting in a performance.

Edited by Matt

No Kuyt, which is a bonus - he usually get's stuck in and the derby is his type of game. I would go all out against these lot.

Agger is injured also and is a doubt, that leaves them using their much criticised long ball approach from defence.

I would play Heitinga and Distin, have a strong word with both and get stuck right into Torres, starve him of services from midfield. Which effectively means cut gerrard out of the play. With Felli and Arteta and Tim, we should win the battle there as Gerrard has no midfield to complement his play. Get Pienaar to attack Johnson at every opportunity with Baines offering support, I would have Yak upfront with Beckford to start. They have no pace at the back whatsoever, I would use beckford as the outlet/run channels with Tim pushing forward to support Yak.

Never confident in derby's, however on paper and on form this one should have the players chomping at the bit.

Well if we really want to climb the table and start challenging for Europe then we really should be wiping the floor with relegation candidates like these, but like all of the smaller clubs in the Prem it will be like thier Cup Final and they will probably come and park the proverbial bus :P

Never a better time to play them, well apart from last weekend that is, and as long as Torres doesnt pick this Sunday to come good I am fairly confident we will beat them especailly if its true that Peanuts could be back

3-0 Everton

There appears to be a real lack of confidence from Red supporters, unless it's the old reverse psychology trick. Saying you will get a hammering and if it comes true then you can say 'Told You So' and if it doesn't then happy days. Anyway enough clap trap, Everton to win 2-0, Cahill will peel off towards Johnson every chance he gets, a header from him and a................well who cares as long as we win.

Edited by The Beard

Alan Hansen http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9094922.stm

Lawrenson...

Both teams have had poor starts.

I've looked at both first-choice XIs and have to say I'd pick more from Everton than Liverpool.

There are a lot of average players in the Liverpool team. Will the off-the-field activities affect the players? I don't think so. Most are more concerned about when their wages go into the bank.

Prediction: 1-1

latest news from sky, Fellaini out for 6 weeks, Pienaar out, Jags a doubt.

My guess at the Team to play

Howard

Hibbert .. Heitinga .. Distin .. Baines

Neville

Coleman .. Cahill .. Arteta .. Osman

Yakubu

Should still be good enough not to lose, i'm going for 1-1.

I'm getting an ever increasing sense of doom about this game :( .

Same here Mike.

I was nervous enough before Jags, Pienaar and Felli were ruled out of the game, but now I'm terrified tbh. If we had a manager who was positive in his decision making then I wouldn't be worried at all really, but I just have a feeling he's going to go as negative as possible with the changes he'll have to make. That's just not on for this derby because this is our best opportunity to stick it to them for some time (even more than last season!) and we're at home.

Be positive Moyes and we'll do them. Make negative changes and you run the risk of losing at home against a team who are playing absolute shite.