IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

By being a far better and all rounded player.

Hibbert has grit and heart but his all round game is average He has nothing more in his locker then what I have already mentioned.

There is a reason why Hibbert is not capped at International level and Richards and the mentioned players are and that being He is simply not good enough.

He's not an all rounder though. He lacks in defensive ability, which out ranks attacking ability when your position is RB.

Mills has England caps and there is no way he's better than Hibbert. Hibbert and Osman both lack caps as they play for Everton. Watson, Unsworth, and Barmby were overlooked alot because they played for us as well, just like Baines has been.

Baines has been included in the England set up for a few years the only reason He has not featured so much is that He's had one of Europes best left backs infront of him.

I also don't think that in todays game it has had any hampering on their chances Internationally, Osman is not good enough either He shows very brief moments of magic but it's all few and far between and Hibbert as said is not good enough that is the reason they have not been picked nothing more.

I'm not sure You've been watching the same Richards as I have as this season He's been top draw. As for defensive abilities Hibbert is shite positionally and reads most of the game very poorly He can read a last ditch tackle as good as anyone but other then that piss poor IMO

Baines has been included in the England set up for a few years the only reason He has not featured so much is that He's had one of Europes best left backs infront of him.

I also don't think that in todays game it has had any hampering on their chances Internationally, Osman is not good enough either He shows very brief moments of magic but it's all few and far between and Hibbert as said is not good enough that is the reason they have not been picked nothing more.

I'm not sure You've been watching the same Richards as I have as this season He's been top draw. As for defensive abilities Hibbert is shite positionally and reads most of the game very poorly He can read a last ditch tackle as good as anyone but other then that piss poor IMO

Carragher and Johnson were the RBs for the last WC, Hibbert should have been on the plane. Warnock ahead of Baines. The likes of Milner, Barry and Carrick are no better than Osman.

I seen Richards get accolades for his performance against Arsenal because he won a freekick(dived) that they scored from and was genrally bombing forward. People failed to mention he was at fault for nearly every chance Arsenal had, and was to blame for a goal or 2.

In 1982 DMR appeared on Top Of The Pops and sang live their latest release 'Jackie Wilson says'

The beauts at the bbc got it a bit wrong though, and on a big screen behind them, instead of the famous singer, was the Darts Player 'Jocky Wilson' dry.png It's something many people will remember.

What do you expect from the BBC really.

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/pictures/toptens/wrong-songs.php?ssid=8

LIverpool...

"They are like an old lush, sat in the corner telling the world how attractive and marvellous they are, utterly affronted when anyone blind to their natural beauty suggests otherwise. Friends, lovers and acquaintances nod enthusiastically each time the club attest to their own greatness, but neutrals and rivals think their better days have long since passed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9166045/Liverpools-latest-disappointment-at-home-to-Wigan-highlights-Anfields-blindness-to-modern-failings.html

Ouch.

They were never the same after the Hillsborough tragedy, I remember watching the Arsenal game a few weeks later on the last day when the shite lost the title in the closing moments, and they were simply unable to raise their game sufficiently. In normal circumstances they would simply have won the double that year, but the events of Sheffield simply played a determining factor.

Add to that no League Titles since 1990, they've only been runners up about once or twice since then too. The Anfield machine of what we remember has since fallen into disrepair, they are mostly dependant on cup successes now, as they realize that the League title is simply not a viable option to them anymore. They have to face facts.

hes not a patch on Richards. I wouldnt go as far to say he shouldve been in the England team but to say hes mediocre is harsh in my opinion.

How is it mediocre? he can't pass the ball, can't run with it, dives into tackles far too hastely imo at times, gives the ball away far more than any other player in the squad, he has played better this season, but overall he is a championship player at best, ive been saying this for years, im glad someone else actually agrees.

not just the fact we put up with more from our own...the fact that the lad tries 110% every game...he isn't a world beater and he knows it...we know it...but to call him mediocre is criminal in my eyes

nail. head. hit. Edited by Matt

New record as I understand it for biggest soccer defeat in history by all accounts happened recently-

'Wheel Power FC' (?) Beat Nova 2010 58 - 0 in a sunday league fixture just the other day.

The Torbay Sunday League leaders thrashed Devon rivals Nova 2010 FC 58-0 – believed to be the heaviest defeat in British history.

After conceding 20 in the first 45 minutes, it was all about damage limitation for Nova in the second half. It did not go to plan.

The amateur league’s second-bottom side let in another 38, with brothers Robbie and Stuart Bowker scoring 28 times between them.

‘At 50-0, they’d had enough but the referee told them they must carry on playing or they would risk being fined,’ 21-year-old Stuart explained.

Nova veteran Lewis Parker, 60, added: ‘A lot of the players didn’t turn up so we expected to lose but not by that much.’

Cornish side Illogan’s 55-0 thrashing of Madron FC in 2010 is thought to be the previous record.

Wheel Power beat bottom club Applebys 30-0 and 27-0 earlier in the season, helping them notch up 167 goals from 15 games – and leaving little doubt as to which team has the upper hand if the title comes down to goal difference.

New record as I understand it for biggest soccer defeat in history by all accounts happened recently-

'Wheel Power FC' (?) Beat Nova 2010 58 - 0 in a sunday league fixture just the other day.

The Torbay Sunday League leaders thrashed Devon rivals Nova 2010 FC 58-0 – believed to be the heaviest defeat in British history.

After conceding 20 in the first 45 minutes, it was all about damage limitation for Nova in the second half. It did not go to plan.

The amateur league’s second-bottom side let in another 38, with brothers Robbie and Stuart Bowker scoring 28 times between them.

‘At 50-0, they’d had enough but the referee told them they must carry on playing or they would risk being fined,’ 21-year-old Stuart explained.

Nova veteran Lewis Parker, 60, added: ‘A lot of the players didn’t turn up so we expected to lose but not by that much.’

Cornish side Illogan’s 55-0 thrashing of Madron FC in 2010 is thought to be the previous record.

Wheel Power beat bottom club Applebys 30-0 and 27-0 earlier in the season, helping them notch up 167 goals from 15 games – and leaving little doubt as to which team has the upper hand if the title comes down to goal difference.

Surely you can't be that bad?! I'm pretty confident that I could put together 11 players and not get beaten 58-0 by Barcelona... yeah I know, huge call but I'm willing to prove this if anyone can sort it out?!

Former icon Southall charges extortionate prices for goalkeeping pointers.

£50-00 per E-mail, come on Mr Southall, that's a bit harsh.

He goes on - 'I can't be everywhere at the same time'

If Mr Southall ges any bigger, that may well be the case.. unsure.png

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/893799-neville-southall-offers-one-hour-phone-call-on-advice-website-for-99-a-time

Former icon Southall charges extortionate prices for goalkeeping pointers.

£50-00 per E-mail, come on Mr Southall, that's a bit harsh.

He goes on - 'I can't be everywhere at the same time'

If Mr Southall ges any bigger, that may well be the case.. unsure.png

http://www.metro.co....e-for-99-a-time

Fair play to him, you try living off a bin man's pension!