IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Great to see United get a good humping last night - I see their classless fans have been on the rampage again. They are scum.

No surprise to me - it's clear as day that City are the better team on paper and play the far more progressive football. United's game plan consists of getting it wide and getting in crosses. Cut that off and they can't create a thing down the middle.

tell that to our defence...

Guest Nikica

tell that to our defence...

You're an Evertonian, yes?

One-off games prove nothing, it's well acknowledged that United are a wing-team and much less able to create down the middle. Their entire game plan in every game seems to be to get it wide to Valencia/Nani/Young/Giggs and get crosses in the box.

Look at how City tried to break United down last night with patient, probing passing - it's a complete contrast to United's wing-spamming style.

Guest Nikica

don't worry man i was jokin laugh.png

i completely agree..i've said for months man utd have been winning games off rep alone

Good man.

Just so you know - even though we disagree in the other thread, it's nothing personal. I never hold a grudge on football disagreements. It's simply my genuine belief that Suarez is not racist.

Good man.

Just so you know - even though we disagree in the other thread, it's nothing personal. I never hold a grudge on football disagreements. It's simply my genuine belief that Suarez is not racist.

yeah i guessed it was nothin personal don't worry...if your attitude was that of you do hold grudges i wouldn't bother responding to you

Guest Nikica

yeah i guessed it was nothin personal don't worry...if your attitude was that of you do hold grudges i wouldn't bother responding to you

Did you think I was too harsh with the 'blueboy' lad? He was going on about Rooney having no flaws and Messi not being that good because of his Chelsea performance, and how he would struggle in the PL. I find it hard to be respectful of views like that.

Edited by Nikica

i dunno..i'm not here to pass judgement on what's harsh...i think if you differ with opinions it's fine as long as it doesn't break down into personal insults...i think rooney is a fantastic player and up there with the best but messi is better...and i don't agree with this whole opinion that messi wouldn't make in the premier league..how do these people know? and that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't still great..to say that is arrogant about our league imo....david silva is of a similar build and style...as is leon osman...obviously on lesser scales but these boys made it..no reason messi couldn't with the extra pace, skill, flair, composure and the(imo) better footballing brain than both of those

Guest Nikica

i dunno..i'm not here to pass judgement on what's harsh...i think if you differ with opinions it's fine as long as it doesn't break down into personal insults...i think rooney is a fantastic player and up there with the best but messi is better...and i don't agree with this whole opinion that messi wouldn't make in the premier league..how do these people know? and that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't still great..to say that is arrogant about our league imo....david silva is of a similar build and style...as is leon osman...obviously on lesser scales but these boys made it..no reason messi couldn't with the extra pace, skill, flair, composure and the(imo) better footballing brain than both of those

Fair play, my view is that Rooney is a very good player, but not great. He's still a top player, I just don't rate him as world-class. We all have opinions.

I tried saying that to the lad, that lesser players than Messi have come from La Liga and pissed on the PL (Aguero, Torres, Silva etc), but we will see what the lad says. He seems the type to only rate players as the best if they play in England - just the impression I get.

I am logging off anyway - had a good few discussions with you. Laters,

Edited by Nikica

Wish Villa had gone down

It's the beginning of the end for them IMO. They have had a really poor campaign this season and unless they make some mega signings (which I doubt) then I believe that they will be down there yet again fighting for their lives, Aston Villa will be in the Championship soon - fact.

QPR this season though I think, can't see them beating City and I can see Bolton beating Stoke knowing that it would guarentee their safety.

It's the beginning of the end for them IMO. They have had a really poor campaign this season and unless they make some mega signings (which I doubt) then I believe that they will be down there yet again fighting for their lives, Aston Villa will be in the Championship soon - fact.

Impossible! How can that be when Lerner is such a good chairman and has gotten millions invested into the team?

....... we really need the sarcastic font.....

Impossible! How can that be when Lerner is such a good chairman and has gotten millions invested into the team?

....... we really need the sarcastic font.....

He did invest money though, I'm not sure how you can be sarcastic in that way if I'm honest. He can, however, be blamed for hiring a shit manager in Alex McLeish.

He did invest money though, I'm not sure how you can be sarcastic in that way if I'm honest. He can, however, be blamed for hiring a shit manager in Alex McLeish.

my point was that everyone was saying how much better we wouldve been if we had him in charge because he spent loads of money.

my point was that everyone was saying how much better we wouldve been if we had him in charge because he spent loads of money.

Buying N'zogbia(9), Bent (24), Carew, Ireland (8), Reo-coker (7), Makoun (6), Harewood (4), Davies (8), Hutton(4), Shorey (4), Luke Young (6), Sidwell (5), and Delph (6) for a grand total of £91,000,00. We all moaned that we wanted half of them as well, glad we didn't have the money rofl.gif

Moyes would have spent the money differently, obviously. Whether he'd have spent it more wisely we don't know.

I just don't see how Lerner can be viewed as a bad owner because his manager spent the money like a retard. I'd have loved to have seen Moyes with the backing Lerner has given. The only reason he's recouping the money now is because of that retarded spending. Which I think is a reasonable thing to do tbh.

Moyes would have spent the money differently, obviously. Whether he'd have spent it more wisely we don't know.

I just don't see how Lerner can be viewed as a bad owner because his manager spent the money like a retard. I'd have loved to have seen Moyes with the backing Lerner has given. The only reason he's recouping the money now is because of that retarded spending. Which I think is a reasonable thing to do tbh.

Looking at the list Pete put up there, im not sure he would have done.....

Looking at the list Pete put up there, im not sure he would have done.....

I'd left off Warnock and Heskey which would have been very Moyes like signings. *Football Manager mode activated* Them 2 plus SWP(he's gash though, so eventually fobbed off for Elia) Van Bommel, Valencia, Rodgella, Dzecko, Gonzalez, Defour and of course Mountinho! As well as millions wasted on the media hyped English kids like Delph.

Howard

Neville Jags Lescott Baines

Van Bommel

Arteta Moutinho Gonzalez Valencia

Dzecko

Bench: Hart, Hibbert(Naughton in reserves), Distin, Defour, Osman, Elia, Rodgella

No Pienaar, Heitinga, Fellaini or Jelavic. Are starting 11 is not to far away from this quality, just need some wingers. The bench is were we lack most, not many game changes in reserve... unless you count the one in the reserves *cough* Barkley.

Back to the real world, in all seriousness think we would have benefitted more from the stability of not having to sell rather than being able to buy.

Lerner is a villa fan supposidely (long before he bought them). Overall though he's a business man - he put a lot in and yes it was wasted but he's now recouped most of that.

It's all if's and but's about what Moyes could have done with that backing but overall I'd rather be us than them. If we ever get taken over then we need sustainability - we need the stadium... be it redevelopment or from scratch. Villa have just about survived the investment/cut backs but they have a more 'profitable' infastructure - we don't and I'd fear a 'villa scenario' ruining our great club.

Lerner is a villa fan supposidely (long before he bought them). Overall though he's a business man - he put a lot in and yes it was wasted but he's now recouped most of that.

It's all if's and but's about what Moyes could have done with that backing but overall I'd rather be us than them. If we ever get taken over then we need sustainability - we need the stadium... be it redevelopment or from scratch. Villa have just about survived the investment/cut backs but they have a more 'profitable' infastructure - we don't and I'd fear a 'villa scenario' ruining our great club.

He could have invested towards a better stadium for us, as we have better players. £50 mil would have helped us secure the King's Dock stadium, then we would turnover a profit to then improve the squad. Overall we would have been a better investment.

He could have invested towards a better stadium for us, as we have better players. £50 mil would have helped us secure the King's Dock stadium, then we would turnover a profit to then improve the squad. Overall we would have been a better investment.

Kings Dock?! Does he own a time machine too?