IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Guest Nikica

The Sunderland fans doing the Poznan to wind the Manc fuckers up. Had me pissing myself laughing, that.

Edited by Nikica

Well blow me if it isn't the 20th May. One Everton Football Club won their last trophy on this very day 17 years ago apparently..

Who went, who remembers even, lot of kids on TT etc, if you had said to me that night that 17 years on from this, the club would never have won another trophy I would have given short shrift.

Here's a run down of who was involved today back in 1995 on a special occasion that will live with me forever

The only thing I took issue with, was #1 in music charts that day was Jerome and Robson dry.png ... fucking painful and a bit of an embarrassment, but still a fine day for all involved.

The game in question would just about be underway now in actual fact, 30 minutes until the Rideout strike etc, spare a moment to think back etc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7939980.stm

I was certainly older than eight years old on the day in question..

four minutes until Rideout now...

about 90 seconds now, I just watched the below clip, if that doesn't get you animated then nothing will..

This was now - 17 years ago today (If you're watching at 3-30pm May 20 that is) mellow.png

Buy her an Ice Cream...

Here's the players who were involved that day speaking about their experiences.. Watch us win an actual trophy as it's been a long time since the last and may well be a wait until the next occasion.

Half way into the 2nd half now, wish I could live that day over again. Can't believe 17 years have passed.

I don't ever remember Montpellier winning the French league and I've seen a lot of years of soccer, maybe they did it a few times but just went unnoticed, you usually see PSG or Monaco etc taking the title maybe, and take inspiration etc, did they have a defense minded manager who's afraid to dip his toe in the water of attacking play?, the league is chalk and cheese from cup tourneys for obvious reasons in any respective country and Montpellier did what they did by proving themselves to be the best and by way of that, scoring enough goals and attacking play, one would imagine.

It's Montipeller's first ever Ligue 1 title, their objective at the start of the season was to avoid relegation due to only just coming up from the Ligue 2. It's a fairy-tale story really considering the opposition they faced across the season.

Guest Nikica

It's Montipeller's first ever Ligue 1 title, their objective at the start of the season was to avoid relegation due to only just coming up from the Ligue 2. It's a fairy-tale story really considering the opposition they faced across the season.

Fantastic to see - Ligue 1 has become a pretty competitive league since Lyon stopped winning it every season. i think the top 6 were only separated by about 2 points after about 30 games of the season. It proves that fairytales can still happen in football.

Kosovo can now play friendlies against FIFA recognised nations. Quite a result.

8 UEFA countries voted against it.

Interesting. Without getting into the political issues, it will be interesting to see how they get on and if they can grow and one day play competitively. I believe their population is about two million. There's smaller member nations in UEFA.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

A Rangers follower without getting involved in Political Issues ?! ; - )

Afraid so. I abhor all of the sectarianism up here - have grown up around it.

They need to concentrate on the game as a whole and their business on the field rather than get involved in sectarian politics and all but it's the way it's been for as long as I can remember and will be for some time to come I'm afraid

One problem is (again) and just to say, the competition there is so absymal, there can be little else to do than take petty swipes at each other , such is the damn monotony of the SPL now, but it wasn't always that way, when others were big and successful they were still doing the same to each other?

I just feel inclined to let them get on with it really.. Doesn't affect my day to day affairs etc.

luke mccormick has been offered a trial at swindon after bein released early from prison...

thoughts?

i'm disgusted

second chance mate. 4 years of 7 shouldve given him time to think, if he hasnt then no amount of time will, just like no amount of which will bring the 2 kids back. Hes going to be employed by someone, why not a club?