IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

James Fielden@James_Fielden

.@MsiDouglas reporting that Wolves are after a fee of £12m for Steven Fletcher. Sunderland keen & have spoken to his agent.

I said as soon as Wolves went down we wouldnt be able to afford any of the good players, but feckin' h-e-doublehockeysticks thats taking the piss. Hopefully this happens all summer so we can inflate our prices enough to keep away the vultures.

That is fucking insane.

Football truly is on another level of insanity.

There's talk about Brum being in the shit, and heres one of the reasons why.

Incredible RT @JamesNursey Zigic's wages have supposedly gone UP from 50k a week to 60k this summer due to a clause!! #Bluesneed rid badly”

They are going to have a hard time giving him away, don't think any team would be willing to give him more than half of that. Probs see them doing a Leeds and subsidising part of his wages after offloading him. I'm all for a free-market but this is ridiculous, they need a wage cap in football.

Sky Italia not yet commenting on Aquilani, but are instead claiming that Galatasaray have triggered Demba Ba's £7m Newcastle release clause.

Apparently Aquilani has ahd his contract terminated, so can leave for free.

Uh-Oh-spagetti-O for Newcastle. Hopefully shut up the moaners from last season complaining that we have falling behind them.

Edited by pete0

BBC online yesterday...

"Watching replays again of Spain's goal and while Richard Dunne's tackle on David Silva is a good one initially, he does take an absolute eternity to get back to his feet. It's like watching Alfred Hitchcock trying to crawl out of a puddle."

rofl.gif

I didn't understand that last bit at all ?, a most strange line of humor. But will add it looks like curtains now for the Republic Of Ireland now, in fact thay are out as I understand, pity really, as I would have liked to have seen them in the later rounds. You can't beat Dublins O Connell street for soccer during tournaments when the green and whites are involved, Trappatoni even went as far as to say they could win it before the competition started of all things, too many measures of Bushmills etc.. unsure.png Even Italy look to be in a perilous situation, they really need to win their last game, and the Irish have nothing to play for, I can even see a repeat of New York 1994 here.

Guest Nikica

Michael Laudrup to take over at Swansea...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18325287

Interesting one....no idea how good he's been as a boss.

Started well at Mallorca but faded. If I remember correctly he was manager when they came within a minute of CL qualification.

He will continue the 'Swansea style' of retaining the ball etc.

Line judge has obviously had the "injury lawyers r us" mob on the phone and scented a decent pay day....

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tennis/18479244

....he overeacted at the time imo, was only a cut leg ffs and he was hopping around as if it'd been virtually severed.

I just heard on the radio about this, im sorry but its just ridiculous, the bloody Police are involved in it now, really have they not got anything better to do. Edited by theprisoner

They fined him £6500 for it too and took away his £35,000 prize money?

Blown out of all proportion lot of nonsense is about the near and far of it. Didn't Ferguson do something similar with Beckham some years back in a dressing room and Beckham got a boot or a saucer in the face, and from what I remember, Ferguson got away with no action taken. This news 'story' reminded me of that to an extent, I think the tennis player has been dealt with enough.

It's a good job I don't play Tennis when I get in a rage. In fact I thought about it before, and with my demeanor there's no way I could play an event like Wimbledon if I was a top player, I'd be going for throats over an unfair decision etc, and running about all over the place for a silly little ball in hot conditions would just about do it for me.