IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Just in general tongue.png

Who supposedly said that then? Or is he making stuff up to go in his favour do you think?

Not heard that bit but his story just isn't remotely credible...laughable even.

Having said that with his "money no object" barrister I'd not be surprised if he got off.

Just in general tongue.png

Who supposedly said that then? Or is he making stuff up to go in his favour do you think?

I don't know why it was brought up but he was talking about the song Liverpool fans made up to sing to him because his mum used to be with a fella from Liverpool. He was probably talking about it to say that he gets stick all the time and doesn't snap.

I can't stand John Terry, horrible little belligerent rat faced snide, he reminds me of Gerrard sometimes, but I do believe he's even worse than that, I'd like to take a swing at him for sure.

In the I paper recently, there was a large article in the sports index about all that was said between him and Anton Ferdinand, I won't print what was said as there's rather a lot, and it doesn't make for very pleasant reading. People probably know well enough anyway. Terry is supposed to be a model professional for kids or role model on the field but by god, he did himself no favors with what went on.

Does it not say pretty much everything that his character witnesses are Ashley Cole, Ray Wilkins, Salomon Kalou, Petr Cech, Jose Bosingwa, Fernando Torres, Frank Lampard and Raul Meireles?

Could they not find a single person outside Chelsea to speak for him?

the same Stevie Bateman who said Baines was on the verge of signing for Utd? Who cares anyway, we dont have the money for him!

I was hoping Spurs would go on a KK spending spree, but they're strengthening well. Moutinho is better than Modric imo. Will make it harder for us to finish above them next year.

What are people's thoughts on Yamilé Aldama represent the UK at the Olympics?

She was born in Cuba and came to the Uk at 28, has represented Cuba, Sudan and GB at athletics

Daily Mail one side: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2173674/London-2012-Yamile-Aldama--I-wouldnt-Plastic-Brit-Id-come-sweep-streets.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Guardian the other: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jul/14/yamile-aldama-plastic-brit-jibe-offensive?mobile-redirect=false

Not bothered by it....same rules for every country, she's lived here twelve years and is married to a Brit which is grounds for changing nationality whatever your job happens to be. Why treat athletes differently? And ain't it ironic that the whole campaign is being led by the Daily Fail who instigated the Zola Budd recruitment many years ago.

Ex druggies don't bother me either really....done the crime and the time....everyone deserves a second chancesmile.png .

I can't decide..if it was football she'd not be able represent any one other than Cuba. I don't know how she was able to leave Cuba, defectors are not called upon by Cuba regardless of ability. If she did defect, Cuba is no longer an option.

Similar situation to Osvaldo Alonso, he's Cuban (and trained with Everton a couple of years ago) and is not able to represent anyone other than Cuba despite having US Citizenship.

If it wasn't for the two year fling with Sudan, I don't think it'd be an issue but it seems wrong that you can change which nation to represent at the flick of a switch.

Not bothered by it....same rules for every country, she's lived here twelve years and is married to a Brit which is grounds for changing nationality whatever your job happens to be. Why treat athletes differently? And ain't it ironic that the whole campaign is being led by the Daily Fail who instigated the Zola Budd recruitment many years ago.

Ex druggies don't bother me either really....done the crime and the time....everyone deserves a second chancesmile.png .

Mike, she has changed nationality 3 times, surely thats taking the piss just a wee bit :)

Mike, she has changed nationality 3 times, surely thats taking the piss just a wee bit smile.png

Being pedantic she's actually changed twicewink.png .

And you can't blame her for the rules....if you read it she was a single skint mother and the only way she could do her job and earn money was by representing Sudan. Wouldn't anyone do the same? I certainly would have done.

Being pedantic she's actually changed twicewink.png .

And you can't blame her for the rules....if you read it she was a single skint mother and the only way she could do her job and earn money was by representing Sudan. Wouldn't anyone do the same? I certainly would have done.

yeah i guess so, i just think more importantly it highlights the failings of the sports system we have in this country that we require foreigners to compete for the UK