IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

I just hope that Bradley can do better than James Toseland did when he moved to Tech 3 Yamaha.

It's also been confirmed that Andrea Dovizioso has moved to Ducati replacing Valentino Rossi who has signed with Factory Yamaha (replacing Ben Spies).

I just hope that Bradley can do better than James Toseland did when he moved to Tech 3 Yamaha.

Unlikely imo....he's had an average season and he's not even the best Brit in Moto2, Scott Redding is. If he hadn't had the contract up front I don't think he'd have got the seat.

Cal second on the grid tomorrow incidentally....needs a decent start (for a change) and he could be on the podium!

He got it! Cal finishes in 3rd behind Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo to take the last podium spot making him the first British rider to do it in 12 years. Jeremy McWilliams was the last Briton to make the podium when he came third at the British 500cc Grand Prix at Donington in 2000.

I agree with you on Smith aswell, he's a mediocre rider and I can't see him tearing the place apart, I'll still be excited but I'm more looking forward to seeing Scott Redding because he's proved how quick he can be.

I wouldn't say no to having Drogba here, even if I genuinely don't like the player, but he is a prolific scorer, and if it would benefit the team..

The chances of such a thing are between slim and none however, but I recognize a decent player. Anelka seems to have been around for years, and must be well into his 30s by now, but that's a player I wouldn't want to see here, even on a free. Both players best days are behind them for sure, but Drogba is still capable.

Anelka is 33, I too woulden't have him here. I don't think he's as good as Jelavic and I think his wages would be too high to warrent him being here permenantly, I would however as you say take Drogba (even though that's never going to happen).

Anyone see Maicosuel's penalty for Udinese in the shoot out v Braga today?

Hilarious (not so much for the management of Udinese because it's cost the £15m odd)....same as the Pirlo pen v England in the summer but one is a genius and the other is an idiot (according to pundits) for doing the exact same thing.

I think that was a game on ITV this night. Main channel also apparently, which was a surprise as you feel it would have been better accomodated on one of their other awful stations such as 2, 3 or 4.

Incidentally, who would want to watch a game between Braga and Udinese?, seriously, people must have been pretty damn bored to tune in, rather than 'I just like to watch any soccer game' mentality. For me, It would be the equivalent of watching a live broadcast of Kilmarnock and Patrick Thistle or something.

Needless to say I didn't see the incident in question.

I didn't fancy Anelka because of the age, simply in that he seems to have simply slipped off the radar in recent years, I remember him as a decent player with Arsenal, Madrid and the plastics, but just seems to have faded from view or in other words, seems to have nothing more to offer anymore. Has that attitude problem I remember, not a dirty player like some names we have talked about today, but seems a bit disruptive by other means, doesn't follow orders, and is sometimes insubordinate to an extreme that a club may take action.

Incidentally, who would want to watch a game between Braga and Udinese?

People who like football maybe?

Long shot etc....but it was only the highlights of a match in a soccer tourney that is quite entertaining for those of us that like to watch the occasional game.

There's been far too much "football" this year, there can be no dispute, the European Championships, The Olympic Games, Internationals etc, there has been more 'football' this calendar year thus far than any year I can remember in the recent past, so seems strange some would want to watch other games that are maybe not significant. It's not a love of the game, I think it could well be to do with not having a lot on, and they see a game on TV, and decide to watch, as it's a bit of a dull night. Maybe in all fairness it's a bit of both, I think that would be the fairest evaluation. If it was on another channel, and they had maybe Milan or Ajax playing I could well tune in and watch a bit, if time permitted itself, but not on ITV. It's just not done, I've divorced myself from that channel as much as I can, even if admittedly seeing one or two recent movies or programs that I may enjoy.

There's been far too much "football" this year, there can be no dispute, the European Championships, The Olympic Games, Internationals etc, there has been more 'football' this calendar year thus far than any year I can remember

All that football was last year, the football calendar only started 3 weeks ago! Fresh season, some new players and 6 points from 6 what's there to be sick of?

There can never be too much football, not being personal here DK but just lighten up, it's only football. Try to enjoy it once in a while it'll do you good.

agree Zoo, but i can understand Dalziel, as i reckon there has been an overdose of sport this year, i will watch the Paralympics but only because one of the boccia players is someone i used to look after, David Smith, im not fed up of football though, general sport, then yes maybe a little bit Edited by theprisoner

No, too much soccer/football this calendar year, as of New Years Day 2012, not the league calendar 2012-13. Seriously, there has been the European Cups, end of last season, Euro 2012, The Olympics etc, I stand by my thinking. Just felt overwhelmed at times, especially as I don't have the same interest in the game as I once did, got a bit too much sometimes, going back far enough. I'm already looking ahead to next summer if I make it, as there will be no Euro championships/World Cup/Olympics. Sure there will be the sporadic friendly games, but it'll be a nice respite next summer. This year has been too hectic thus far. I want Everton to do well, all for it of course, but too much saturation coverage of other teams just recently going back far enough. Once again I feel I have lost interest in sport in general in recent years in my defense.

No, too much soccer/football this calendar year, as of New Years Day 2012, not the league calendar 2012-13. Seriously, there has been the European Cups, end of last season, Euro 2012, The Olympics etc, I stand by my thinking. Just felt overwhelmed at times, especially as I don't have the same interest in the game as I once did, got a bit too much sometimes, going back far enough. I'm already looking ahead to next summer if I make it, as there will be no Euro championships/World Cup/Olympics. Sure there will be the sporadic friendly games, but it'll be a nice respite next summer. This year has been too hectic thus far. I want Everton to do well, all for it of course, but too much saturation coverage of other teams just recently going back far enough. Once again I feel I have lost interest in sport in general in recent years in my defense.

Could you not enrol in a flower arranging class or some such? Maybe a hobby that you could grow to like rather than one that are plainly beginning to hate would be better for your moodhuh.png .

If two or three games into the season you're already looking for it to be over then just stop. I would.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear.

I never said I wanted the season to be over, as of two weeks into the season. I was merely paying reference that up to now, there has been an awful lot of soccer this calendar year (as of January), more than usual in fact, and it got a bit unbearable sometimes. I like the close season, between May and August (or june and july would be better), the season is over, clubs have done what they have, and we have a respite from things for a few weeks, just wasn't even that this year (Sport, Olympic Games). I guess what's done is done, can only look forward now. I had a bit of a dread or was even apprehensive about the start of the new season immediately before it started, that would be to do with the no escape from before, and it felt like a kind of avalanche was on it's way, is how I can maybe describe it, or keeps heads above water. I don't hate soccer anymore, I could never do that, have just merely lost interest in the last few years, too much commercial, absurd salaries, nauseating and irritating fucking sports analysists, and so on, it wasn't quite so like this even a decade ago. I just get depressed sometimes maybe, which doesn't help the cause but there's a definite decline in motivation or enthusiasm now. Tonight was a good game, we got another good result, season is starting well, I want us to do as well as the next person, if we can finally win something again after 18 long years, I will be just as jubilant as anyone else, but some areas of the game and all that it entails have just left me disinterested to an extent. I was talking about this to someone else today incidentally, and they as a soccer fan of a rival team, also share similar sentiments, so it's just not one person speaking.

No chance of flower arranging. Needless to say, I would never participate in such a thing. Just wouldn't have the patience for one thing.

Once again, just to reiterate, no hate of soccer, that is simply inappropriate, and not looking for the end of season after three fixtures (or two). It's merely I have fallen out of favor with the game to a degree in recent years, as stated. Will be keeping track of this club right until the end of season. Maybe my enthusiasm isn't quite what it was, but will still be getting involved and hoping for success. I have a life outside of anything sport, and sometimes that may intrude on how I view events or sporting interest. It applies to everyone though in fairness. It's merely thoughts poured out on screen but I can't be insincere with my findings.

Fiorentina has confirmed Berbatov turned them down for Juventus after they had reached an agreement. The fans were already waiting for him at the airport, but he never arrived. Then Juventus released a statement which said that Berbatov has turned them down too, for Fulham nonetheless! Great transfer for them lot.

a player turns down Juventus for Fulham.., would have been unheard of a few years ago, but the London club has come on really well the last season or two, UEFA cup Finalists etc. Great capture for them if it's really true, but even if they have done well recently - Turin or Putney ?!

Is a bit fucking crazy now, the more I think about it.. But if that's what Berbatov wants..

Last season Fiorentina finished 13th in Serie A, Fulham last year finished 9th in the Premier League. I can totally understand why Dimitar has gone to the latter because at the moment in time they are a better club and he's likely to get a lot of playing time there due to them not having a world-class striker in their ranks, he's going to be playing in the best league in the world (which he's proved for the past few years he can do well in) and this will suit him better than having to start a new life in a new country with a new type of football.

The move suits Berbatov in all aspects and I can't see why people are perplexed by it.

Reading that again maybe I'm no longer as perplexed as I first was. Being serious.

I think though, the fact of the matter is, that Juventus are a far bigger and illustrious club than Fulham ever were, are, or ever will be. Maybe that's just what I couldn't see beyond. But Yes Fulham have improved greatly in recent years and I think he'll do well there, but I did query it at first when I first heard about the move.

Last season Fiorentina finished 13th in Serie A, Fulham last year finished 9th in the Premier League. I can totally understand why Dimitar has gone to the latter because at the moment in time they are a better club and he's likely to get a lot of playing time there due to them not having a world-class striker in their ranks, he's going to be playing in the best league in the world (which he's proved for the past few years he can do well in) and this will suit him better than having to start a new life in a new country with a new type of football.

The move suits Berbatov in all aspects and I can't see why people are perplexed by it.

Because he didn't only turn down Fiorentina. He also turned down Juventus, the once again champions of Italy who'll be playing in the Champions League next season.

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddyspacer.gif (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahillspacer.gif (Chelsea), Ashley Colespacer.gif (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Sunderland), Frank Lampardspacer.gif (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

Hodgson has named his squad for the World Cup qualifiers - thoughts? (fishing.gif )