IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

SkySports

Robin van Persie has announced he will not be extending his contract at Arsenal, with a statement on his official website reading: "I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions."

Here's more from Van Persie: "Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward."

And more from Van Persie: "I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last eight years. As soon as Mr Gazidis is back from his two-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments."

Arsenal are going to be fecked. RVP gained them 27 points last season. Hopefully make 4th spot more competitive smile.png

Edited by pete0

I don't like the player much, but credit where it's due, a very good player. Arsenal have gone years without winning a thing, questions have been asked about Wengers future, maybe some unrest still persists, Van Persie wants to challenge and win things, and he's not getting any younger, I don't know where he will go, but it'll be a big loss to them.

Murray makes the final biggrin.png.

He's going to need all the luck in the world to win on Sunday if both players play like they did today.

Great start, but slowed. Murray seemed a bit moody today, hope the crowd get behind him and give him a lift in the final. as you've pointed out he's playing well below Federer's level today.

Feel like giving Radwanska a hug, gutted for her.

(Still women's Tennis is rubbish).

And still they want equal prize money....ridiculous.

Amazed they even have the nerve to talk about it...play the same game (five sets) and get the same pay...otherwise shut up.

And still they want equal prize money....ridiculous.

Amazed they even have the nerve to talk about it...play the same game (five sets) and get the same pay...otherwise shut up.

Even though the standard of play is below the men's and they play less, I'd understand where they're coming from, If women's tennis was as commercially beneficial, but I assume it isn't. It woud be sexist to give them equal pay when they don't add as much to the attraction/revenue generated, and purely for the pay just to be the same.

Wimbledon's not Wimbledon any more.

Used to be a huge amount of serve/volley so the grass at the net was as worn as the grass behind the baseline by the end of the tournament....just another tournament now (in terms of style of play) rather than one that required a specific skill.

Shame imo.

Wimbledon's not Wimbledon any more.

Used to be a huge amount of serve/volley so the grass at the net was as worn as the grass behind the baseline by the end of the tournament....just another tournament now (in terms of style of play) rather than one that required a specific skill.

Shame imo.

Been like that for years, Henman was probs the biggest victim from it. Would love them to use softer rackets, as there is too much of an advantage from power rather than skill. Don't think Nadal or the Williams sisters would have won as much.

I don;t care much for Tennis, a rather pointless and trivial pursuit, but Andrew Murray lost the Tennis Final today and it was on every English speaking radio station you could imagine. No British player has won a singles title since 1977, and they came damn close today to beating that. I feel a bit sorry for Murray, he was in tears, the emotion was there, but all said, the better player won on the day. Federer is a class player but I still feel Sampras was the best ever. Well done Mr Murray on getting to the Final, you'll time will come.