IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

You're talking about South Africa 2010 (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and those mishaps in the group stages, but I was kind of refering to playing at domestic level and maybe he could have been employed at Spurs or Aston Villa or Arsenal or one of the bigger clubs while playing elsewhere for other teams not quite so established or even recognized. Just thought he maybe deserved it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18534739

I'm having just a bit of trouble trying to find the connection between these two bits...

"Non-league Wembley FC have recruited former internationals Ray Parlour, Martin Keown, Graeme Le Saux, Claudio Caniggia and Brian McBride to play in their FA Cup campaign this season."

...and...

"Basically the idea is to get Wembley FC to Wembley Stadium, which you can see from here, by winning the cup..."

huh.png

Guillem Balague@GuillemBalague

Modric: offers from PSG and Manchester United. Madrid will try to get him (interest in Silva a decoy). Next week, meeting Spurs-Modric ppl

Can't see Spurs holding on to Modric if this is true. Can see them falling down the league if they don't find some quality replacements as their huge squad is starting to thin. No manager, no Modric, no strikers and people made out this club would be a good move for Moyes because...?

Friedel

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen ABE

Parker (old so will be tired from the Euros)

Lennon Sandro VDV Bale(one trick pony)

Defoe (Always ends up 4th choice striker. He is that rubbish they opted for an out of form Saha a head of him)

The defence will be lob-sided quality wise, very weak on the right as Lennon and Walker are not great at defending (be great for us, if Baines is still here).

Midfield, will be severely weakened if Sandro or VDV pick up an injury as Huddlestone is a over-rated donkey.

Absolutely nothing upfront.

Edited by pete0

Straqualersi's club Tigre can win the league and be relegated at the same time. The Argentina league must have the most complicated system in football. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2012/06/argentine_title_race_is_a_spri.html

Brighton fans are kicking off today as tickets for a pre-season friendly with Chelsea are £30.

Edited by pete0

It's impossible to run with binoculars and keep hold of any event or action ahead, try it yourselves and see. The best place is with a nice bottle of cognac and sunset and some quite impressive sights in the distance.

Feel sorry for the Brighton supporters being charged that obscene amount of money for a close season friendly, if the opposition had been the Chelsea team, or indeed club, of 10 years ago, the admittance fee would have been around five pounds or thereabouts dry.png

I don't know about most complicated, but maybe the most dangerous league over there, South American games can really get out of hand sometimes, River Plate vs Boca Juniors etc is not for the faint hearted.

_JD17946_normal.jpgGuillem Balague@GuillemBalague

In Spain it is being reported that Didier Drogba is arriving tomorrow to Barcelona to sign for FC Barcelona

Drogba has got a clause that allows him to leave Shangai Shenhua for free if Barcelona came calling. He will meet the Spanish club tomorrow

gets better: despite the meeting tomorrow, Barcelona club sources say they won't sign Drogba, wages too high. Well have 2 wait and see

Maybe a stop-gap incase Messi goes? Would be interesting to see what they do with him as Villa will be fit next season.

Edited by pete0

Murray will only win it if Djokovic goes out too, and if the only way he can win a Slam is if the best players are already out then it won't mean as much as it should.

Murray has a decent record against Djokovic (5-8), last final against him he flopped it though. He's got an awful record against Nadal even though imo Murray is the better tennis player, just can't keep up with Nadal's stamina.

Murray has a decent record against Djokovic (5-8), last final against him he flopped it though. He's got an awful record against Nadal even though imo Murray is the better tennis player, just can't keep up with Nadal's stamina.

I don't know if he's a better player than Nadal....the top four (plus one or two others, Tsonga springs to mind) are all probably equally capable at the top of their game...stamina maybe counts against Murray but what really kills him is his head. Just not got the same mind set as the other three.

I don't know if he's a better player than Nadal....the top four (plus one or two others, Tsonga springs to mind) are all probably equally capable at the top of their game...stamina maybe counts against Murray but what really kills him is his head. Just not got the same mind set as the other three.

I'm not a big fan of Tsonga, he reminds me of Nadal but with a higher ratio of athlete to tennis skill. Really think Nadal will be knackered when he's older, the amount of strain he puts on his body is unreal. Mentality wise he's probs the strongest but once that falls he'll be finished.

Federer of a few years ago was on another level than the rest, in terms of ability now Djokovic, Federer, and Murray as pretty equal. With Del Potro on his day challenging, also Ferrer and Berdych lately.

And Murray will always flop when it matters. I don't think he's good enough myself (far too defensive to beat the best) but his biggest problem is, like Mike said, himself. He's not mentally tough enough.

I don't believe he'll ever win a Slam. The only way he will is if the better players are already out or he meets them when they're on the downward curve of their career. And that would just cheapen it IMO. He needs to beat the best when they're at their best.

And Murray will always flop when it matters. I don't think he's good enough myself (far too defensive to beat the best) but his biggest problem is, like Mike said, himself. He's not mentally tough enough.

I don't believe he'll ever win a Slam. The only way he will is if the better players are already out or he meets them when they're on the downward curve of their career. And that would just cheapen it IMO. He needs to beat the best when they're at their best.

He's around the same age as Djokovic and Nadal, can see Nadal struggling once he's 30. Hopefully he'll meet him before hand, if not he'll have a lot of finals with Djokovic and if we all shout "Come on Tim" loud enough Murray will win at least one, and with my last strand of optimism hopefully will be the big one Wimbledon.

He's around the same age as Djokovic and Nadal, can see Nadal struggling once he's 30. Hopefully he'll meet him before hand, if not he'll have a lot of finals with Djokovic and if we all shout "Come on Tim" loud enough Murray will win at least one, and with my last strand of optimism hopefully will be the big one Wimbledon.

I'd love to see him win a Slam, particularly Wimbledon, because I really like him and I'm always willing him on.

But a lot needs to change for that to become a reality. And he should take inspiration from Djokovic in that regard. Just a few years ago his game was riddled with flaws but he did what was necessary and he's not a model of consistency and, IMO, pisses all over Nadal, Federer and Murray by a distance.

The fact that Murray now has a coach who has bollocks will stand him in good stead. There are many things Murray needs to work on and he needs a coach who isn't afraid to dish out some home truths. He now has that coach and hopefully Murray will listen and go onto greatness.

I'd love to see him win a Slam, particularly Wimbledon, because I really like him and I'm always willing him on.

But a lot needs to change for that to become a reality. And he should take inspiration from Djokovic in that regard. Just a few years ago his game was riddled with flaws but he did what was necessary and he's not a model of consistency and, IMO, pisses all over Nadal, Federer and Murray by a distance.

The fact that Murray now has a coach who has bollocks will stand him in good stead. There are many things Murray needs to work on and he needs a coach who isn't afraid to dish out some home truths. He now has that coach and hopefully Murray will listen and go onto greatness.

Totally agree on Djokovic, it's his era now, but think Murray the Nadal to his Federer. If Murray had the same training I think they'd be on par with each other.

Biggest news headline yesterday night was the Nadal Defeat to that other guy ranked #100 in the world, Italians win over Germans took a back seat on all radio stations.

I don't care much for tennis, If a British player does well, it's all fine and dandy, no Brit has won a singles title since Virginia Wade way back in 1977, so Murray has a good chance now with the Nadal elimination to rectify that after so many years away. I used to have a bit of an interest eons ago when Jimmy Connors, McEnroe and Bjorg were winning titles, but totally indifferent now.