IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

As much as I feel apathy towards this individual and the national team, the side would be poorer with his omission. Was one of the standout players of Euro 12 apparently, I don't like the prick, and thought this story had blown over, but bottom line is, a good dependable player for country, credit where it's due, but does himself no favors out there sometimes. (Link says Action to be taken, then further down page, 'No action to be taken' ?), just ideally want this issue to blow over if it hasn't already. Not someone I want to see or hear about from various media sources.

Time wasting in the Marseille game was a disgrace then. A player was down for near 2 mins with 'cramp'. Of the last 20 mins I'd say 7-8 was wasted. Would love football do like the Olympics and disqualify teams for not trying to win. Think a rule like that would get the best out of Moyes also.

Complete fucking nonsense dry.png , and if the English beat the Italians in (another pointless) friendly later this month, the pricks at FIFA will have them in first place no less. So Uruguay lost a game or two at the Olympics, and slide down a few places because of it and England take advantage without even playing, simply because they were 4th or 5th. The FIFA ranking systems are an embarrassment to themselves and world football as a whole. If England are the 3rd best soccer side on the planet then I'm Abraham Lincoln., What a load of.. and I can't find the appropriate word/s

I like to see how we did on this day years past, and today back in 1997, was our first game of the season, and Howard Kendall's first as his third time as manager, lost 1-2 at home to Crystal Palace, was at a theme park that day, but remember it well, Ferguson scored late on I remember.

also this day in 2005, Everton's first ever Champions League match, (we're not allowed to call it European Cup anymore), against Villareal, I can't quite recall, what happened even, but know the Collina incident happened in the second game and we lost both ties I seem to recall.

Can't post the damn thing, keeps going static. Getting irritated..

The 1990 Scottish Cup Final (Aberdeen/Celtic) had more spot kicks than that, just an event I remember.

That must have been the league cup for championship and lower league teams underway, wasn't even aware it has started so soon.

In any event,

Today in 1998 was Walter Smiths first game as Everton manager, 0-0 tie with Aston Villa, Home event

Today in 1992 was Everton's first ever game as a premier league team, 1-1 draw score with Sheffield Wednesday at Goodison Park. I can't remember the scorer, maybe Hinchcliffe, but we went out to a nice Italian restaurant that night I do recall.

Also, today in 2009 - 6-1 reverse at home to Arsenal (amid all the damn Lescott business), worst ever opening to a league day. I remember being on the OS forum pages that day, and there was a new thread started every ten seconds... it was fucking mayhem.

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says the club could grow to the size of Manchester United or Arsenal if they move to the Olympic Stadium.

rofl.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19291209

"Every footballer's dream is to walk out at Wembley and I think when you've got a venue of that size [it would be the same].

"All the players look forward to playing at Old Trafford and at the Emirates.

"Not quite so much these days at Liverpool or Everton because they're old stadiums now.

"But Manchester United is now almost completely redeveloped and has 75,000, while the Emirates is one hell of a place when it is full.

"We could be that size in a brand new stadium, with that atmosphere."

Thought the top tier was going to be removed and the capacity slashed after the games? If not Wham playing in a half full stadium will be anything but atmospheric.

Is Allardyce on LSD or something?, 'as big as Manchester United or Arsenal', heh, they're not much bigger than Leyton Orient..

In any event, today in 1963, beat said Manchester United 4-0 in the Charity Shield, some may remember

Today in 1996, season opened with 2-0 win over Newcastle United, I think it was Speed and Ferguson as scorers. I remember that summer one or two people saying we were dark horses for the league title of all things. Finished about 14th if memory serves.

Today in 1984 we beat Liverpool in the Charity Shield, we were at Blackpool Pleasure Beach of all things, don't think ever been back since.

Today in 2001 we had a 2-1 success at Charlton Athletic, I was there, Ferguson scored a penalty almost directly in front of us and there was some nonsense outside the ground before fixture but can't quite remember the other scorer, it was at the opposite end from us. Toffees' last away day success in the EPL on opening day.

Much celebrated Toffee's center forward James Harris is 79 today. Some will remember scoring three against Tottenham (1958), but we still lost the game, and let in 10 that day. ohmy.png

Casey Stoner after crash in qualifying yesterday...

"...had X-rays and an MRI scan on the right tibia and fibula, right ankle and right foot. It was confirmed he had suffered several small chipped bone fractures, a 10mm fracture on the talar dome below the tibia and fibula, contusions to the anterior tibia, posterior tibia and medial malleolus, and soft tissue swelling around the ankle. He has also torn his deltoid, anterior talofibial, calcaneal and fibular ligaments in addition to a high ankle sprain."

"...I need to see how I feel tomorrow morning to understand if I'm able to race."

huh.pngTough guys these bike racers !

Today in 1992 we won 3-0 at Manchester United in our second game of the season.

I was there, I wasn't there, I was in bed with Sophia Loren and Lauren Bacall, who gives a fuck, but a night I still remember to this day.

Also Marco Materazzi, 39 years old today. Simply wasn't around long enough. Tanti auguri. Sa giocare molto bene a calcio

This made me laugh....BBC blog on the RL Challenge cup final....

http://www.bbc.co.uk...of_wembley.html

"This is the one week of the year we are not a minority sport. It is the one week of the year fans of all sports, the national, and international media, all want a piece of rugby league."

Been on the front page of possibly the biggest sport site in the country for nearly twenty~four hours and it has eleven commentsrofl.gif(blog on Felli has 1,278).

Sorry league fans67.gifunsure.png .

Casey Stoner after crash in qualifying yesterday...

Was a mental GP that one. The Indianapolis track is known for being a pile of shite and the riders were coming off left, right and centre. Nicky Hayden high-sided and knocked himself out but still wanted to compete in the race with it being in his hometown (he was however stopped from racing on doctors orders). Ben Spies crashed and fractured his legs but still managed to compete (and come in a respectable position) whilst Casey Stoner as you know bashed himself up pretty badly and still raced.

The most mental I've seen was Jorge Lorenzo in 2010. He broke both of his legs in Shanghai and still raced, he coulden't walk and had to be lifted off his bike by his mechanics and onto cruches so that he could get off the bike and into the garage.

The MotoGP riders seriously are on another planet. (and that's what makes it better than F1).

fishing.gif