IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Great point Marco. I think Chelsea are being smart in their aquisitions. They have the luxury of money but at least they're building for the future and not the here and now, like City.

Hazard's made the best choice In my opinion. And for footballing reasons too, I like the guy even more. He could have gone City for the money, united for the glory. But his decision was based on playing time and where he'll play, good lad. Looking forward to seeing whether he can cut it in the prem :) sure he will eventually.

http://m.givemefootb...ted-striker-bid

How much would we get if this happens??

all I can find is this:

http://www.talksport...ney-sell-clause

which means 120m / 4 = Money.gifMoney.gifMoney.gif

found this too:

Chairman Bill Kenwright negotiated a 25 per cent sell-on clause when Rooney joined United in 2004 for £26.5million, in addition to numerous other payments that have been triggered by the striker’s success at Old Trafford.

Everton are entitled to a quarter of any fee above the amount they received from Sir Alex Ferguson. It means that if Rooney is sold for £50m, they will receive about £6m.

still around 25m i think?

Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

As if that clause is even still there with all the deals we've had with United since.

Dream on.

Agreed we have more than cashed in on the rore deal we got with Wayne. How did we manage to get Gibson for so cheap is my question didnt sunderland bid £6million last summer but they let him go 6 months later for half a million...Hmmm

what players did we get on the cheap that would be worth throwing away such a clause? gibson had limited time on his contract...and howard and neville didn't play much for them...really can't see it

We're a skint club, any player would be worth it. The people at our club only think short term, not long term, that much is obvious.

weren't neville and howard bought with the rooney money? can't see a clause bein thrown away less than 2 years later...and gibson was cheap cos of the contract and the fact he wasn't playing...i can see your reasoning for thinkin cos the board have a history of bein thick but i really can't see such a valuable clause being chucked away onto any of those 3