IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Saw again recently that Michel Platini is trying for a 'winter world cup' in Qatar 2022 that will be held in December and January as from the usual June/July extravaganza. Platini was an outstanding player in his time, but ideas like this are for the birds. It was bad enough them choosing Qatar of all places for a World Cup Finals, but to hold the time trusted event in the winter?......words fail me.

I think there'd be a decrease on hooligan elements in this country or boisterousness in and around town centers with the change of time of year, at least on a lesser extent, but if we look beyond that, and the tradition of the tournament, and it's only once every four years, they should really keep it in the summer time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/25/michel-platini-2022-world-cup-winter

They were shouting Luuuuuuuuuke I think mike. Haven't watched much of the Ryder cup, but what I've seen the putting from the Europeans has been embarrassing, be very surprised if Europe find a way back into it.

You're right on the first bit....my mistake.

Second bit...it's now 11-11 from (10-4) down.....still USA looking likely winners because we packed all our best players in the early singles games to get back into it....but you never know. And pride is restored at the very least.

United States of America 12-13 Europe

Furyk dribbles a gorgeous putt down the 18th, leaving it eight feet past the hole. From where he was, that was excellent. Sergio lags his up - a couple more turns, and it'd be in. Then Furyk tickles his putt straight up - and can't believe it as the ball, which looks like dropping, shaves the right-hand side of the cup and slides by! It's another point to Europe, who now lead this match! This is an unbelievable chain of events! Furyk finished bogey-bogey, having thought he'd gone dormie two on the 16th green! He drops to his haunches, stunned. It may sound over-emotional, but sod it: Sergio's done that for Seve.

Hate all the "get in the hole" bullshit...

Annoys the shit out of me that....they shout it even on tee shots on par fives...was funny the first time, but wears thin after the first 47,986 times you hear it.

Woods misses (to give the first halved game of the contest)....Europe win.

Infographic of last seasons table, pretty boring from an Evertonian perspective, but interesting to see that w/o injury time ManU would have won the league.

http://www.dgquarterly.com/turning-the-table

Also turns out Liverpool wouldn't of won the league (as their fans claimed) if hitting the post counted as a goal (well they do believe x amount of corners= pen) they'd have ended 5th.

Infographic of last seasons table, pretty boring from an Evertonian perspective, but interesting to see that w/o injury time ManU would have won the league.

http://www.dgquarter...rning-the-table

Also turns out Liverpool wouldn't of won the league (as their fans claimed) if hitting the post counted as a goal (well they do believe x amount of corners= pen) they'd have ended 5th.

I didn't see the stats for 'teams that spent less than 50 million every year'.

I don't care much about Golf, If I go anywhere near a lawn, it's invariably with a deckchair, but well done to Europe in pulling quite a feat last night and taking the Ryder Trophy. It seemed like the Golf equivalent of Taylor and Davis for Snooker at the 1985 World Final. It was some comeback when all seemed lost for them.

This has been a banner year for the UK for sporting achievements.