IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

70.5% - Only Vidic (73.7%), Ferreira (71.9%) & Makelele (70.8%) have a better win % (100+ games) than Michael Ballack in PL history. Retired

Nice stat to show Vidic is vital to United's success. If he misses as many games as last season, I believe we will finish above them :)

This is quite something (if true).

FACTS :

1. Mike Dean, referee, when Blackburn beat Manchester United 3-2 and hasn't refereed a Manchester United game since.

2. Mike Dean - referee, in 2010, after Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, was demoted to the Championship.

3. Alan Wiley, called "fat and unfit" by Alex after Manchester United's draw with Sunderland," agreed to retire" that season.

4. Mark Clattenburg refereed Manchester United's 6-1 defeat to Manchester City, hasn't refereed a single Manchester United game after that Manchester derby. (hasacted as 4th official in 3)

5. Martin Atkinson -Involved in Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, criticized by Alex, hasn't refereed Manchester United game since.

6. Ex referee Jeff Winter openly stating that he hadn't been given a Manchester United game for 2 years after sending Roy Keane off.

7. Howard Webb has been Manchester United's most used referee since the defeat to Manchester City.

8. More than 18% of the penalties Webb has awarded in his 8 year career have been to Manchester United.

9. Manchester United's CEO is on the board of The FA.

10. Alex Ferguson not happy with Chris Foy, Foy referees a League Two game. something he hasn't done since the 2001-02 season...

Just saw that...

"I feel the FA, in pursuing charges against me where I have already been cleared in a court of law, have made my position with the national team untenable..."

Tit.....court of law = beyond reasonable doubt. You've been found not guilty, which isn't the same as innocent.

"In the light of those findings, the commission is quite satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that there is no credible basis for Mr Terry's defence that his use of the words were directed at Ferdinand by way of forceful rejection and/or inquiry.

"Instead, we are quite satisfied, and find on the balance of probabilities, that the offending words were said by way of insult."

I never noticed anything peculiar or exessively different in the refereeing between ManU games and other games.

That was until I saw Manchester United - Tottenham Hotspur (last week was it?) And I saw a game which had perfectly representative refereeing to other random fixtures and it gave me a sense that the refereeing in previous ManU games has been entirely different than this game. I don't know if that makes sense to you guys? But for the first time since Manchester City's famous 6-1 win, I have seen a team break free against ManU and play exactly the game they envisioned on playing. And Spurs won. Other Man United fixtures had a sense of utter boredom to me. And then there's this mysterious ability of Man United to always know how to win games and leagues, even when they're crap. Up until now I always thought of it as the result of a psychological advantage, but....

... many of us are very well aware of the corruption at the Swiss Fifa.

Well, yeah, I guess, though it would be counterproductive to continue to undermine managers.

Depends who's responsible for disciplinary matters.

Any company/organisation will presumably have a system in place...if it's a serious breach aimed at people at the top then it I'd have thought it'd be quite normal for the people at the top to decide how to deal with it.

A player more violent than Joey Barton:

Colombian defender Gerardo Bedoya who plays for Independiente Santa Fe in Bogata has been sent off 41 times in his career, the last of which came in a Bogata derby against Millonarios last week. Bedoya, in full view of the referee decided to head butt one of his opponents Yhonny Ramirez then decided to kick him in the face when he was on the floor.

He received a 15 match ban for his troubles as well as being fined. To put Bedoya’s 41 red cards into context, Thomas Repka, the second most sent off player has ‘only’ been sent off 17 times.