IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

I hope he signs for Manchester United as this will stop them from wanting Baines.

How much is Frank Lampard on a week? I mean, could we try and sign him on a free?

Too much for us to afford, in excess of 120k per week.

Then Chelsea would want him?

They have Bertrand.

Watched the Wales/Scotland highlights just now and the winner was amazing.

Charlie Adam gives the ball away.

Then he fouls Bale to give away the free kick.

Then he runs alongside Bale and lets him get the shot in.

Thank f'ck we never signed him....he really is poor.

Watched the Wales/Scotland highlights just now and the winner was amazing.

Charlie Adam gives the ball away.

Then he fouls Bale to give away the free kick.

Then he runs alongside Bale and lets him get the shot in.

Thank f'ck we never signed him....he really is poor.

Bale really is a dirty cheating diving little wanker. I thought Scotlands disallowed goal was a very late flag too.

You'd think by now an African nation would have won the World Cup by now. Some were adamant after World Cup Italy 1990 that a side would manage it, and here we are all these years later and still waiting. Certainly been some very good sides and players in recent years but I don't think anyone ever got past the last eight again. There won't be upsets like smaller nations such as Algeria beating Germany again, but teams like The Ivory Coast or Nigeria have had the capabilities to have gone a long way. I don't think we'll ever see it on our lifetimes but it's not to say it won't ever happen.

The African teams are not good enough IMO, they've got some good stars like Drogba and Eto'o but there seems to be no inbetween, its either a top-class player or bloody shite, there are some teams in Africa that are good such as Ivory Coast, Nigeria etc... but none of them are on the same level as Spain, Germany, Italy (and IMO never will be).

Because of the rate at which they are developing, Spain have really good up-coming stars and who have the Africans got? The class is few and far between for them. Some of its down to money I think, Europe has more funding for football whilst in Africa its very limited, you either have it or you don't, its not like there are many football programmes of a high standard out there.

I thought about it for a while and reached the conclusion that at least in the recent past, a fair number of African teams were just as good as their European Counterparts, do you remember when Nigeria beat Spain in the World Cup recently, or Nigeria came one minute away from beating Italy when they went on to reach the Final. Even Senegal I think beat a France side that were World and Euro champions. That's just some examples, there would be plenty others, but it's only in the last four or five years that Spain have really become the force they are, if you go back before that, at least one or two African sides would really have been able to compete, but not sure about now, as they really have become the 'untouchables' even if Switzerland was it, did beat them at the World Cup in 2010.

Because of the rate at which they are developing, Spain have really good up-coming stars and who have the Africans got? The class is few and far between for them. Some of its down to money I think, Europe has more funding for football whilst in Africa its very limited, you either have it or you don't, its not like there are many football programmes of a high standard out there.

Didn't realise you were such an expert on Africa.

But you still can't justify "never," it's a long time.