IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

“But it’s clear, if you are to be be a manager, you must have the right owners. To become a manager of a club with such an owner is insane. There are no managers with any credibility that would take such a job." Henning Berg on about the B'burn job... the one he has just accepted laugh.png

http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com/posts/henning-berg-no-manager-with-any-credibility-would-take-blackburn-job/

“But it’s clear, if you are to be be a manager, you must have the right owners. To become a manager of a club with such an owner is insane. There are no managers with any credibility that would take such a job." Henning Berg on about the B'burn job... the one he has just accepted laugh.png

http://www.byfartheg...-blackburn-job/

That is the strangest appointment. If I wrote down 100 managers, who I had ever thought of, his name would not be there, so why, especially after his comments, would they employ him? I can only presume it is to sack him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20178515

Of course he doesn't. It's becoming obvious that Howard Webb and Phil Dowd were the only refs on United books, people have cottoned onto it, now he needs another to dilute the obvious.

Clattenburg gave some dubious decisions in United's favour, he's now a favourite and one of the only ones allowed to officiate their games.

A defeated side doesn't earn a replay

It wasn't that much of a surprise. Celtic have been formidable in Glasgow to overseas opposition as far back as anyone can remember, they beat Real Madrid about 3-0 in the European Cup last stages about 30 years ago but lost by a heavier score in Spain, that was just one example.

They were in the UEFA cup final just nine years ago and have a fine European record, first British club to win Europes biggest prize and all. It's such an intimidating arena for any opposition and always gives them a chance. Barcelona have a good side but I wouldn't categorize them with the Ajax side of the early 1970s or Benfica of the early 60s for example.

Pleased for Celtic tonight and there were some other British teams involved tonight, but I'm not really interested in that.

If the title winning club gets 100m, are we not just going to have an eternity of the same teams at the top?

Not necessarily, you see teams like City and Chelsea spunk millions up the wall on utter shite every year. Plus the rest of the league is getting money and I think this is the most open the league has looked in a while, and that's after Chelsea just spend £50m + in the summer. So more money doesn't necessarily mean the teams at the top see it all, I think it's just a big helping hand with the financial fair play rules looming.