IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

This is how shite the site is...from the match report, its the stats wheel;

untitled.jpg

Everton represented in SKY BLUE (!?!?!?!?)

Man CIty represented in a darker blue (ahaha)

That site is wank, whoever signed that off needs to get laid off...

11 shots on target? I cant remember Howard having much to do apart from the corners

EDIT: On Skysports has 3 shots on target each

Edited by pete0

There was nothing wrong with what McLean did in my opinion. Shit happens and if McLean would have been playing for Everton then I would fully urge him to have gone on and scored a goal. He didn't know at the time how serious Mertesacker's injury was and he was being closed down by the Arsenal defender that had come across to cover, Arsenal played on so why shoulden't he?

As for Di Canio it is incredable what he did and for that moment alone I have so much time and respect for him. I could go on and say he's maybe one of my idols for how proffessional he is and how sportsman-like he was as a footballer. It makes me happy that he is having success as manager of Swindon.

you reckon? think it's different when it's a keeper..i'd have carried on if i'm honest

If it was off the ball or further up the pitch, fair enough to play on but he's obviously suffered a serious injury. McClean should have just kicked it out.

Edit: unless it was Suarez on the floor

Edited by pete0

If it was off the ball or further up the pitch, fair enough to play on but he's obviously suffered a serious injury. McClean should have just kicked it out.

Not looked back on it but would mcclean necessarily have seen mertesacker down injured? (in real time!)

Amazing sportsmanship!

I disagree - if it was Suarez on the floor then he should have given him a kick to make sure that his injury was serious enough wink.png

Not looked back on it but would mcclean necessarily have seen mertesacker down injured? (in real time!)

Not in my opinion. He saw Mertesacker go down but he's already past him by the time he holds his leg. He might have slipped for all McLean knew and I believe that he did the right thing, if you notice Arsenal play on so like I said earlier why shoulden't Sunderland?

Edited by Zoo

Amazing sportsmanship!

Fair play for lack of better words, how it should be.

Not in my opinion. He saw Mertesacker go down but he's already past him by the time he holds his leg. He might have slipped for all McLean knew and I believe that he did the right thing, if you notice Arsenal play on so like I said earlier why shoulden't Sunderland?

Only seen it on Motd, though he had realised his legs gone, fair enough if he thought he just slipped, but still would have been a good gesture to hit it out.

Only seen it on Motd, though he had realised his legs gone, fair enough if he thought he just slipped, but still would have been a good gesture to hit it out.

Put it this way if Mertesacker had of slipped then McLean would have looked a right bellend if he had turned around and tapped it out of play rather than going for goal. Like I said, it was a heat of the moment thing and I don't think McLean should get any bad press from it (Sunderland lost the game anyway, so it's not like the Gunners can have a grudge either).

My thoughts arn't directed at you by the way Pete, my posts might sound as if I'm arguing with you but I'm just trying to explain my side of the story :)

Put it this way if Mertesacker had of slipped then McLean would have looked a right bellend if he had turned around and tapped it out of play rather than going for goal. Like I said, it was a heat of the moment thing and I don't think McLean should get any bad press from it (Sunderland lost the game anyway, so it's not like the Gunners can have a grudge either).

My thoughts arn't directed at you by the way Pete, my posts might sound as if I'm arguing with you but I'm just trying to explain my side of the story smile.png

Thats what forums are for :). Dont worry it doesnt come across as heated, just a general discussion, *cliche approaching* it wouldn't be a forum if we all had the same opinion... Plus i'd need another look at it to continue the argument, for now I concededry.png aha. I know were your coming from though I also add a smiley at the end now and again to try lighten the tone of some of my posts

I can't say whether I am surprised or not, the result last night was awful considering that it was a local derby and the statistic of 1 win from 13 just isn't good enough. He did us a favour by not letting Kevin Doyle so we owe him that and I've always liked him personally because he seems a really honest guy.

The question is should Wolves have stuck by him? Not many managers jump out at you to take over the Wolves post and I feel as this could just be another reason to see them relegated this season. (Wolves are 18th on 21 points, two more than Wigan in 20th and on the same points as Blackburn Rovers in 17th).

All the best from me however - Best Wishes to Mick.

I quite like McCarthy He comes across a decent bloke who doesn't mind saying what He thinks at times which is nice in today's game. I think the Morgan dressing room incident may have prompted McCarthy's exit as I'm sure He wouldn't have liked it and more then likely let it be known.

It's hard to say if it's the right choice at this stage in the season do they risk a fresh face for a moral boost or do they stick with a man that has been there and done it like last season??

I'm pretty sure a Championship club will snap him up and I feel they may regret getting shut, whoever takes the reigns will have a tough job as I think it will be between them and BBurn for the drop....

I think it's the wrong decision, I don't see anyone who can replace him that is better than what they already had so I believe that they have just hurt themselves even more (especially given the length of time left in the season). Like you said Paul Mick will go to a Championship club and more than likely bring them up into the Premier League whilst Wolves go the other way.

I quite like McCarthy He comes across a decent bloke who doesn't mind saying what He thinks at times which is nice in today's game. I think the Morgan dressing room incident may have prompted McCarthy's exit as I'm sure He wouldn't have liked it and more then likely let it be known.

What was that?