IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Not going to disagree but behind tripper is no one, Jansen sucks, outside their starting 11 they have maybe 3-4 players that are solid (son, lamela, winks, etc). Injuries and they are done. Not sure why they have such a small squad. Granted I don't care as I'd love to pass them in the table!

Tbf, you don't know if there's no one behind Trippier, they could have a highly rated kid coming through for all we know.

They'll bring players in, it's just not as quick as we've done for a change.

Proves to a degree (and it's all relative) that the teams that spent the most, won the most.

Exactly, you will get the odd team (I.E. Leicester) popping up with a trophy every now and then but the majority of teams that have spent big have won things.

I'd argue that Ferdinand at stones age was one of the best centre halves in the world.... stones isnt even the best in his country.

Woodgate, King, and Campbell were all better and that's just English ones off the top of my head. But Ferdinand was different as he could play more with the ball, something I'd say Stones is better at. Defensively Stones edges it, however Rio had more pace to make up for mistakes.

Woodgate, King, and Campbell were all better and that's just English ones off the top of my head. But Ferdinand was different as he could play more with the ball, something I'd say Stones is better at. Defensively Stones edges it, however Rio had more pace to make up for mistakes.

Sometimes I think you are on the windup or just get ridiculous to prove a point.

Rio Ferdinand is literally selected as a first name in defence by anyone who has ever played with him... he even tops john terry..

Far better defender than he was given credit for because he never got out of position enough to have to do the hero challenges.

Lesley king was a brilliant defender but his injuries meant he couldn't prove it.

Sol Campbell? Good for a few years. Woodgate?!

Stones is nowhere near any of them.

Sometimes I think you are on the windup or just get ridiculous to prove a point.

Rio Ferdinand is literally selected as a first name in defence by anyone who has ever played with him... he even tops john terry..

Far better defender than he was given credit for because he never got out of position enough to have to do the hero challenges.

Lesley king was a brilliant defender but his injuries meant he couldn't prove it.

Sol Campbell? Good for a few years. Woodgate?!

Stones is nowhere near any of them.

Only English defenders to get in player of the tournament at a world cup in my life time are Terry and Campbell. Rio only played because of who he played for and King and Woodgate being injured all the time. Big Dunc had him on toast every all day.

Edit: missed the Campbell only being good for a few years. Seriously?

Edited by pete0

Only English defenders to get in player of the tournament at a world cup in my life time are Terry and Campbell. Rio only played because of who he played for and King and Woodgate being injured all the time. Big Dunc had him on toast every all day.

Edit: missed the Campbell only being good for a few years. Seriously?

You must have missed the 2002 world cup. Ferdinand was absolutely outstanding.... hence the money SAF paid for him after it.

Yeah Campbell completely lost it. Forcspurscand first few years for arsenal he was very good.

Not a patch on Rio though. Rolls royce of a player.

Funny that Campbell was in the WC team of the tournament and your boy was only there because Woodgate was injured.

Campbell went leggy at the end but all players do. Rio was done after his ban, only refs gave him an easy ride giving him a free kick when he'd been ghosted. Evans and vidic were a better duo says it all.

Edited by pete0

Is this really a discussion? Rio was a cracking defender. Stones couldn't lace his boots...yet.

Ledley King was an outstanding defender, would have been one of the very best if it wasn't for his knees. Campbell was better than just for a few years though. Woodgate I have no opinion on as he never played much as he was made of glass.

Funny that Campbell was in the WC team of the tournament and your boy was only there because Woodgate was injured.

Campbell went leggy at the end but all players do. Rio was done after his ban, only refs gave him an easy ride giving him a free kick when he'd been ghosted. Evans and vidic were a better duo says it all.

"My boy"....?

Johnny Evans was better than Rio now? Put the crack pipe down Pete.

You made a fool out of yourself by saying stones is better than Rio was.... he's nowhere near... absolutely nowhere near.

You seem to have some crazy out there views when it comes to defenders... barring on ridiculous.

"My boy"....?

Johnny Evans was better than Rio now? Put the crack pipe down Pete.

You made a fool out of yourself by saying stones is better than Rio was.... he's nowhere near... absolutely nowhere near.

You seem to have some crazy out there views when it comes to defenders... barring on ridiculous.

On what basis, passing? I prefer defenders who can defend. Rio had one of the best centre halves in the world next to him. Stones hadn't had that privilege yet, if anything he was doing the job of two last season.

Crazy views. Main two on here would be Hart and Jags being average. Hardly wild compared to your stuff 'we'll lose money on Lukaku' blah blah blah x2000. More so when you consider the facts.

On what basis, passing? I prefer defenders who can defend. Rio had one of the best centre halves in the world next to him. Stones hadn't had that privilege yet, if anything he was doing the job of two last season.

Crazy views. Main two on here would be Hart and Jags being average. Hardly wild compared to your stuff 'we'll lose money on Lukaku' blah blah blah x2000. More so when you consider the facts.

I actually didn't get past the "I prefer defenders who can defend" and realised you are actually classing John Stones as being better than Rio Ferdinand....

STONES CAN'T DEFEND. He is the most error prone player who has caused the most goals to be conceded since 2013.