IGNORED

Baines

So sick and tired of how much credibility this Baines to MANU rumour is given. How the hell do people think that Baines is A) going to be sold for next to nothing when his value is astronomically greater in terms of what he means and what he brings to this club B) going to sit on the bench regardless of what team, given that he has demonstrated his value as one of the elite LBs in the premiership?

Does anyone else think that there's no real truth to these rumours? Most articles seem to claim that Baines will be joining united to provide cover for Evra. Really? Baines is a depth player? I can't take stories that making such ludicrous statements seriously.

Apparently Man U are after Oviedo or whatever his name is. I know that Everton were linked to him aswell and that he has his own thread but i stuck it in here as it was relevant to the discussion. Surely means that they are nowhere near Baines?

Apparently Man U are after Oviedo or whatever his name is. I know that Everton were linked to him aswell and that he has his own thread but i stuck it in here as it was relevant to the discussion. Surely means that they are nowhere near Baines?

been mentioned several times from both teams so far as Ive read, no offers made or coming!

I dont think thats the case, I just dont think they want him.

Fergie knows he will have to hit £20m to get him, hes only around 4 years younger than Evra. They wont want a player of his or Evra's quality or wage demands sat on the sidelines after spending that kind of money.

If he buys a full back for that sort of money they wont be any older than 25.

Baines for me has been a shadow of the Baines we saw a few seasons ago.

I think he needs to dig in hard now if he is to embrace the next level. He won't be sold now (imo) in this window as we don't have time to find a replacement, and moving Distin over is great when everybody is fit, but an injury or two and we would be in trouble.

Unless Moyes has already held talks with other players, the move would be detrimental to us, and Baines doesn't need to rush in, as he is on the verge of being the next England Left Back, and his profile and value will augment accordingly.

The fact we play United soon is a concern, as Baines head will be in the clouds, but for me, Pienaar brings the best out of Baines, and you can clearly see his effectiveness lessens when Baines plays in a strange team like England.

If Moyes can get one or two more players in, I don't see why we can't look to be adding our own silverware sometime soon. I think we would have won the cup last year had Pienaar been available to play.

Baines for me has been a shadow of the Baines we saw a few seasons ago.

I think he needs to dig in hard now if he is to embrace the next level. He won't be sold now (imo) in this window as we don't have time to find a replacement, and moving Distin over is great when everybody is fit, but an injury or two and we would be in trouble.

Unless Moyes has already held talks with other players, the move would be detrimental to us, and Baines doesn't need to rush in, as he is on the verge of being the next England Left Back, and his profile and value will augment accordingly.

The fact we play United soon is a concern, as Baines head will be in the clouds, but for me, Pienaar brings the best out of Baines, and you can clearly see his effectiveness lessens when Baines plays in a strange team like England.

If Moyes can get one or two more players in, I don't see why we can't look to be adding our own silverware sometime soon. I think we would have won the cup last year had Pienaar been available to play.

Totally disagree, Baines is playing aswell as he has ever done and now that Piennar is back I flly expect them to pick up where they left off last season

Moving Distin over is definitely not great, he can o a job as an emergency LB but that is about it

Totally disagree, Baines is playing aswell as he has ever done and now that Piennar is back I flly expect them to pick up where they left off last season

Moving Distin over is definitely not great, he can o a job as an emergency LB but that is about it

I don't have concerns that you disagree, as after all it's our opinion, but stats will show that his contribution last season was nothing like the season before, and stats aren't opinions, but fact based.

These are his stats for season 10 -11

BainesvCole4.jpg

I don't have one from the same company for last year, but straight away there are obvious shortfalls in goals and assists alone. Last year he managed but 2 Prem assists and 4 goals.

I noticed he wasn't getting up the pitch anything like as much last season, not to mention nearly doubling his yellow card count..

http://theexecutione...deconstruction/

Baines crossing accuracy this season was 28% - the same as his completion last season. Although he has created 7 less chances he has played 5 games less. Only Pennant, M. Petrov and Seb Larrson put in more crosses per game than Baines.

Not his fault his team mates don't make assists out of his perfectly fine crossing as much as the season before.

Edited by Steve_E

I don't have concerns that you disagree, as after all it's our opinion, but stats will show that his contribution last season was nothing like the season before, and stats aren't opinions, but fact based.

These are his stats for season 10 -11

BainesvCole4.jpg

I don't have one from the same company for last year, but straight away there are obvious shortfalls in goals and assists alone. Last year he managed but 2 Prem assists and 4 goals.

I noticed he wasn't getting up the pitch anything like as much last season, not to mention nearly doubling his yellow card count..

Lol I hate it when people start throwing stats at me !

Stats do not tell the whole story and as Steve E has already stated its not Baines' fault if he is putting the ball into the box but the likes of Saha are still scratching their arses in the centre circle.

Lol I hate it when people start throwing stats at me !

Stats do not tell the whole story and as Steve E has already stated its not Baines' fault if he is putting the ball into the box but the likes of Saha are still scratching their arses in the centre circle.

He he snigger rofl.gif

Lazy git hardly crossed the half way line when Pienaar was awol. The Mancs need to invest in somebody decent. Not a half arsed defender who can't defend, can't cross, can't make assists, and can't score, not to mention can't get his hair cut. wink.png

He he snigger rofl.gif

Lazy git hardly crossed the half way line when Pienaar was awol. The Mancs need to invest in somebody decent. Not a half arsed defender who can't defend, can't cross, can't make assists, and can't score, not to mention can't get his hair cut. wink.png

really hope the wink means that you're bein sarcastic

really hope the wink means that you're bein sarcastic

I think he did...

I obviously put them off .... job done lol. jump%20for%20joy.gif

But in any case, great that United has finally fucked off on trying to get Baines on the cheap. About time

Edited by tolne