IGNORED

Baines

Everyone has their price but £16m isn't it for Baines (though he could do with defending a bit better) so get lost Moyes, you Manc :-), you've had your starting bid rejected now come up with something more realistic.

£20 mil and I would do buisiness he's 28 and its the right time to sell if we want a good return. But if Baines and Felli are gonna go I just want it done quick so we have time to replace them. Bring in Fer and shaw From southampton and bring in a good striker.

£20 mil and I would do buisiness he's 28 and its the right time to sell if we want a good return. But if Baines and Felli are gonna go I just want it done quick so we have time to replace them. Bring in Fer and shaw From southampton and bring in a good striker.

20m is 2/3rds of the way there, and yes Im serious. Utd paid 24m-ish for RVP with 12 months on his contract because of his prolific scoring. Baines - as repeatedly pointed out - created the most goal scoring opportunities in Europe. You pay 20m for the player at least, the rest is for what he will provide for RVP and the rest of the team.

Despite all that, keep in mind 3 things:

1. Baines has stated how excited he is to work with Martinez, and will be offered a new deal. This is not a man stating his unhappiness and eagerness to leave, nor has he ever come across as a money-grabbing sucess-hunter. Hes playing for his childhood team and always comes across as happy at Everton

2. the last offer was rejected with a call of "dont bother coming back". I think only if contract negotiations go tits up, will we actually see another offer materialize.

3. most is media speculation

Edited by Matt

At LEAST 20 mil. Anything less is an insult to Everton, Baines, and his ability.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Would you swap Baines plus some of our kitty to get Rooney back if he was prepared to take a huge wage cut?

Rooney won't come back here. At least not yet. He's good enough to play in the Champions League with some of the best clubs in the world, why come back here just yet?

Would you swap Baines plus some of our kitty to get Rooney back if he was prepared to take a huge wage cut?

That's a good question. Maybe (big maybe), if I knew we had a decent replacement for Baines. I only value Rooney at about 20-25mil -- not much higher than Baines. His attitude isn't always the best, and his loyalty seems to be questionable lately.

There's also the fact that a world-class LB like Baines is hard to find.

Baines should be playing champions league football - that's why I think we'll sell him this summer. He either needs to sign a 5yr deal or be sold - with him turning 29 in the next season he needs to be moving this summer if we want any benefit from the deal or he needs to commit his long term future. He won't push for the move but I don't think we'll stand in the way either if an acceptable offer comes in.

I don't want him to go but can see why he would and will respect whatever choices he makes. I don't think it's about money with Baines for one minute, it'll be about wanting to play at the highest level in the Champions League where he may also feel it could help him cement his England spot with this experience and the ManU factor!!!

Agree 100%. Baines deserves to be playing in the highest competition in the world and to be England's #1 left-back. He's been brilliant and loyal to Everton. There aren't many players of his caliber around.

I have so much pride in saying that he plays for us -- A consummate professional to the highest degree.

Baines should be playing champions league football - that's why I think we'll sell him this summer. He either needs to sign a 5yr deal or be sold - with him turning 29 in the next season he needs to be moving this summer if we want any benefit from the deal or he needs to commit his long term future. He won't push for the move but I don't think we'll stand in the way either if an acceptable offer comes in.

I don't want him to go but can see why he would and will respect whatever choices he makes. I don't think it's about money with Baines for one minute, it'll be about wanting to play at the highest level in the Champions League where he may also feel it could help him cement his England spot with this experience and the ManU factor!!!

If United are genuinely after him, he's gone.

It's just a question of how much. I think they would owe it to us to give us a good price, and certainly don't think Moyes would insult us, or deny us the opportunity to build with the funds, as he is an Everton man.

If United are genuinely after him, he's gone.

It's just a question of how much. I think they would owe it to us to give us a good price, and certainly don't think Moyes would insult us, or deny us the opportunity to build with the funds, as he is an Everton man.

If he was an Everton man being associated with a club who he not yet officially joined but had started working on and offering a derisory £12m for a world class player is not the way to show it.

I expect better off him, but he has cut his ties now, he's at a new club and would have no problem beating us to relegate us if he had to.

If he was an Everton man being associated with a club who he not yet officially joined but had started working on and offering a derisory £12m for a world class player is not the way to show it.

I expect better off him, but he has cut his ties now, he's at a new club and would have no problem beating us to relegate us if he had to.

Haf, behave. There is no proof any bid was made.

There was no proof a bid was made.... Yep. That old chestnut.

An official bid of £12m was rejected by Everton. If it came from sky it's as good as happened.

Go up a few miles, and see if God knows anything, as that's the only thing in the sky that might, other than a few heads on here, but they're just at cloud level and don't know didley.

May as well sell him, hes almost past it according to the Kone thread. Get the cash while we can, he will be worth 3m next year :)

This. Referred to this point in the kone thread. Don't think anyone on toffeetalk has bought a car less than 5 years old.... "Yes I know it's been serviced every 10,000 miles and has been looked after with a quick sale meaning we will save £1000, but seriously in 3 years it will be worth nothing"

This. Referred to this point in the kone thread. Don't think anyone on toffeetalk has bought a car less than 5 years old.... "Yes I know it's been serviced every 10,000 miles and has been looked after with a quick sale meaning we will save £1000, but seriously in 3 years it will be worth nothing"

only buy new cars....

and are you seriously putting Baines and Kone in the same bracket?

the fruit of last night's bordeom...

Bainespotting

by Irvine Scottish - June 2013
extract from chapter 1
The Skag Boys, Bainesy and Padre Martinez
The sweat wis lashing oafay Moysey; he wis trembling. Ah wis jist sitting thair, focusing oan the telly, tryin no tae notice the cunt. He wis bringing me doon. Ah tried tae keep ma attention oan the Baines You Tube video. Any minute now though, auld Bainsey's ready tae git doon tae some serious crossing ay thon ball.
- Rounds. Ah've goat tae see Padre Martinez, Moysey gasped, shaking his heid. - Ah've goat tae go get down tae Goodison.
- Aw, ah sais. Ah wanted the radge tae jist fuck off ootay ma visage, tae go oan his ain, n jist leave us wi Baines slottin thon ball past Friedel. Oan the other hand, ah’d be gitting sick tae before long, and if that cunt went n signed Bainsey hiself, he'd haud oot oan us. They call um Moysey, no because he's eywis sick wi Baines withdrawal, but because he’s just one sick fenian traitorous cunt.
- Let's fuckin go, he snapped desperately.
- Haud oan a second. Ah wanted tae see Bainsey larrap that free kick in against Newcastle later. That meant ah'd git hit fir fuckin back charges fi Old Trafford oan a full back ah hudnae even goat a deek at.
- Ah've goat tae fuckin move man! he shouts, standing up. He moves ower tae the windae and rests against it, breathing heavily, looking like a hunted animal. There's nothing in his eyes but need for that shit haired scouse left back.
Ah switched the lappy oaf at the socket. - Fuckin waste. That's aw it is, a fuckin waste, we've goat Evra and Buttner ah snarled at the cunt, the fuckin irritating bastard.
He flings back his heid n raises his eyes tae the ceiling. - Ah'll gie us the £15 million tae buy the fucker. Is that aw yir sae fuckin moosey-faced aboot? - Fifteen million measley fuckin quid fae Everton!
This cunt has a wey ay makin ye feel a real petty, trivial bastard.
- That's no the fuckin point, ah sais, but withoot conviction. – Aye. The point is ah'mreally fuckin sufferin here, n ma so called Assitant Manager's draggin his feet deliberately, lovin every fuckin minute ay it! Moysey's eyes seem the size ay fitba's n look hostile, yet pleadin at the same time; poignant testimonies tae ma supposed betrayal. If ah ever live long enough tae buy Bainsey, ah hope he never looks at us like Moysey does. The cunt is irresistible oan this form.
– Ah wisnae ... ah protested. – Fling yir fuckin jaykit oan well, wir'll get that cunt Fellaini while wir thair n'aw!
Edited by badaids