IGNORED

Baines

Surprised there hasn't been any more posts in this in this last few days. Twitter is blowing off it's tits with bookie specials for Baines to follow Moyesy.

Haven't got a link to inspire conversation but I'm curious on this:

Does anyone else feel that Moyes may have too much respect for the club and Everton's fans (especially after yesterday) to come in with United's chequebook and strip the club of Baines and/or Fellaini? I feel like he'd be looking very hard elsewhere to acquire the left back and central midfielder that United apparently need so badly, before he comes knocking on Kenright's office door.

Surprised there hasn't been any more posts in this in this last few days. Twitter is blowing off it's tits with bookie specials for Baines to follow Moyesy.

Haven't got a link to inspire conversation but I'm curious on this:

Does anyone else feel that Moyes may have too much respect for the club and Everton's fans (especially after yesterday) to come in with United's chequebook and strip the club of Baines and/or Fellaini? I feel like he'd be looking very hard elsewhere to acquire the left back and central midfielder that United apparently need so badly, before he comes knocking on Kenright's office door.

I think he will look at what he needs there and look at his budget.

I don't think there will be any issues regarding respect etc. If he or Fellaini go, so be it, but better to United or City than to Spurs or Arsenal etc. I personally don't like the way the press make out that Everton have 2 great players.

I would rate Coleman and Mirallas as being equally important to our future. Coleman is every bit as attacking as Baines, and I think it is fair to say Moyes built a great team considering what we have.

Does anyone else feel that Moyes may have too much respect for the club and Everton's fans (especially after yesterday) to come in with United's chequebook and strip the club of Baines and/or Fellaini?

No, he'll be fully focused on being ManU manager and we should expect no different. He'll be as entitled as any other manager to bid and we'll be entitled to tell him to fuck off and add another zerosmile.png.

I think he will look at what he needs there and look at his budget.

I don't think there will be any issues regarding respect etc. If he or Fellaini go, so be it, but better to United or City than to Spurs or Arsenal etc. I personally don't like the way the press make out that Everton have 2 great players.

I would rate Coleman and Mirallas as being equally important to our future. Coleman is every bit as attacking as Baines, and I think it is fair to say Moyes built a great team considering what we have.

agreed...coleman has been the better full back in the last few months...and baines set piece wise has been very disappointing...fellaini has hardly set the world alight since the halfway season point either

If Baines goes I want Luke Shaw from Soton to replace him.

We should be able to get him for £7-8 mill and he'll be worth at least double that in a few years imo.

I really rate Shaw but I'd like to think Garbutt will make the step up in the next couple of years and we could spend the Baines money in better areas.

The way I see full backs is this - they are no longer robust tough tackling players who jog up and down from the half way line and back to the box - they are skinny sprinters who do 80 yard sprints. They do have a shelf life IMO that would mean they hit their peak in the mid twenties, you do get the occasional freak like Cafu, Lahm and Maldini who will play into their 30's the same as they were in the 20's. I would class Baines as the fittest player i've seen in an Everton shirt, the guess work is - "how long will he stay at this physical level?"

If he is good for another 5 years then a big decision needs to be made - if Garbutt is near ready for the first team or Oviedo can do a job then great - get £20m for him and reinvest. But he is a vital cog in our attacking play, I would sooner sell Fellaini first and get another destroyer cheaper.

We will have to wait till after sundays events to see what managers think about the position, I wouldn't respect Martinez if he gave a "come and get me" message before the biggest game of wigans history. Relegation this year is the most expensive yet.

I will watch tonights game as an indicator of how martinez handles big games. Moyes has never had to handle a game of this size - the ones that he did have to handle of major importance I would say he performed poorly in, he froze, was unable to identify risks and opportunities and react quickly. The cup final against chelsea was one, the semi against liverpool was another.

We will have to wait till after sundays events to see what managers think about the position, I wouldn't respect Martinez if he gave a "come and get me" message before the biggest game of wigans history. Relegation this year is the most expensive yet.

I will watch tonights game as an indicator of how martinez handles big games. Moyes has never had to handle a game of this size - the ones that he did have to handle of major importance I would say he performed poorly in, he froze, was unable to identify risks and opportunities and react quickly. The cup final against chelsea was one, the semi against liverpool was another.

Surely he proved that at the weekend and in last seasons relegation scrap?

Sounds like they should also have Beausajour back which would be a big bonus because Espinoza just insnt a RB/RWB!

The way I see full backs is this - they are no longer robust tough tackling players who jog up and down from the half way line and back to the box - they are skinny sprinters who do 80 yard sprints. They do have a shelf life IMO that would mean they hit their peak in the mid twenties, you do get the occasional freak like Cafu, Lahm and Maldini who will play into their 30's the same as they were in the 20's. I would class Baines as the fittest player i've seen in an Everton shirt, the guess work is - "how long will he stay at this physical level?"

If he is good for another 5 years then a big decision needs to be made - if Garbutt is near ready for the first team or Oviedo can do a job then great - get £20m for him and reinvest. But he is a vital cog in our attacking play, I would sooner sell Fellaini first and get another destroyer cheaper.

This is how whoever comes in will have to think and in all honesty it would be my one minor critism of Moyes in the transfer market (albeit he showed he was learning with Rodwell). We are always going to have to sell our best players on but we have to weigh up whether the price was worth it and sometimes I think Moyes either held on too long (mainly Arteta, Pienaar, Yobo etc) or risked unbalancing the team by being stubborn (Lescott). We have to sell these types of players when they are at their highest value taking into account their age and the possible replacements. Rodwell was the perfect example of this decision working well, even though I still believe he will be a top player if he can stay injury free.

I dont think Fellaini is at the top of his value just yet but Baines probably is and in truth I would probably look at Vic the same way. I dont think his valuation will get any higher than it is now and if we are going to move forward I think we need a player with a bit more class.

Surely he proved that at the weekend and in last seasons relegation scrap?

Sounds like they should also have Beausajour back which would be a big bonus because Espinoza just insnt a RB/RWB!

Yeah he has proven it to me already, but I think tonight could win any doubters over. Especially playing a team who play similar football who have everything to play for. It will be a cracking game, hope they do it.

Does anyone have a thought that survival or relegation will affect his or our decsion to go for him?

1. unsettle Leighton and Marouane. We need out best players here for whoever takes over the reins. So selling our best assets is not an option"

M
  2. while we couldn't do anything to prevent David joining United, we have been able to gain an agreement that means nothing will be done to >

3. "We're confident Baines and Fellaini will be with us next season. The chairman and manager had very constructive talks last week and >

@adamefcmacca It was apparent quotes from a "senior Everton Source" in a story I just read mate. Don't know how true it is tbh.

Just seen this on Twitter, was kind of what I was talking about above. Hopefully it's true.

Ive not seen Brentford play this season, but I admit I'm intrigued by Jake Bidwells development. He has made 50 appearances for a team who is in the League 1 Playoff final in a few days. I would be disappointed if he wasn't given a chance to compete next season. I know he hasn't been as highly touted as some players, and doesn't develop on Footy Manager, but something has to be said for his appearances, and the teams performance.

Ive not seen Brentford play this season, but I admit I'm intrigued by Jake Bidwells development. He has made 50 appearances for a team who is in the League 1 Playoff final in a few days. I would be disappointed if he wasn't given a chance to compete next season. I know he hasn't been as highly touted as some players, and doesn't develop on Footy Manager, but something has to be said for his appearances, and the teams performance.

I think he'll be a Brentford player permanently next season. Even if that doesn't happen I don't think he'll still be here.

1. unsettle Leighton and Marouane. We need out best players here for whoever takes over the reins. So selling our best assets is not an option"

M
  2. while we couldn't do anything to prevent David joining United, we have been able to gain an agreement that means nothing will be done to >

3. "We're confident Baines and Fellaini will be with us next season. The chairman and manager had very constructive talks last week and >

@adamefcmacca It was apparent quotes from a "senior Everton Source" in a story I just read mate. Don't know how true it is tbh.

Just seen this on Twitter, was kind of what I was talking about above. Hopefully it's true.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dapaS?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=everton

• 3 weeks later...

Greg O'Keefe stating that United have come in with £10m bid for Baines.... Really? Moyes doesn't start till July 1st.

his market value according to Transfermarkt ( i know, its not the bible) is 19.5 mil, id be much more afraid if the rumours were near that sum. It would mean that there might be an element of truth in the rumour.

10 mil is just lazy journalism unless DM knows about some weird transfer clause. (which he would do but who would let Baines have such a clause in his contract?)