IGNORED

Bolton (Home)

Matt

Ok guys, im going to try and kick this one off... Ive posted some questions to the folk on the below link:

http://www.the-wande...p=582216#582216

Im not sure about this one, theyre going to be on a high after beating Spurs but im hoping that being at home and the old lady rockin, we can edge this one. Its going to be a fingernail fest though....

edit - a few response already! Will put them up now before i get stuck in work again from tomorrow...

The Qs (thanks Kohen!)

1/ Ive liked Coyle for a while and think hes a good manager. But do you think he is good enough to take you to the next level?

2/ Danger men - who should we be looking out for and who are you worried about?

3/ If you could nab 3 of our players, who would they be?

4/ Do you expect any transfer activity in the January transfer window? If so, which area do you think you will try to improve on?

5/ The easiest question, following your victory against spurs, what do you think the score will be at Goodison?

Randy Watson:

1/ Simply Yes. Europeon tour on the horizon.

2/ Stuart Holden is on top form passes well, never losses a tackle. Elmander is on top form away from home, of course Kevin Davies, a handfull to any defence.

3/ I'd have Arteta, Cahill, Jagielka and possibly Baines(although a wigan reject).

4/ Don't expect any movement, I'm happy with the squad but we could do with a better quality right back maybe a central playmaker with some skill.

5/ Not expecting to get owt special at your place maybe 1-0 or 1-1. Elmander bagging our goal.

Hisroyalgingerness:

1 - he is, but I think it will take a couple of seasons yet to get the club re-moulded into what he wants it to be. This is a club which had it's infrustructure decimated by a minimalist Gary Megson

2 - We've employed Davies and Elmander as a 2 this season, and the big men have been strutting about giving centre halves a good old torrid game. You can expect that. We've also go t a much improved bench, so if it's tight or we're behind, we do have players like Rodrigo and Petrov to call upon.

3 - I think Arteta's been a great player for you and would improve most midfields in the Premier League. Baines is one of the better left backs out there, and would improve us and finally Tim Cahill.

4 - We never get our hopes raised too much because Coyle has done all his business quite quietly. We don't have much money, and I don't really see what the point would be in spending it in January this time out unless we'd had injuries.

5 - it's got 0-0 all over it

Gary The Enfield:

1/ The next level for us would be back to where we were 3 or so years ago. A top 8 finish and possibly, just possibly, a Europa Cup place. Early days still but the confidence does seem to be coming back. But there's a lot of competition in that area.

2/ Elmander seems to be our best scoring prospect away. Holden continues to improve. On our day, they're all a danger.

3/ I thought stealing was a Scouse pastime? icon_wink.gif Jagielka, Pienaar and Cahill (to balance out the Davies's we have)

4/ We don't have much money so it would depend who leaves (expect media speculation over Cahill (G) and Barcelona coming in for Davies. (Joke)

5/ Not the best of hunting grounds for us recently. Draw

Friendly bunch over there it seems, more answers too if you want to check out the link above

Edited by Matt

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the perfect game for us to bounce back with. Its at home, its physical (hopefully no niggly fouls) and the players should be fired up for their disappointment at Blackpool.

Im saying 3-0 although Iv been way off with nearly every other prediction this year!

Id imagine the same team depending on how fit Pienaar is, other wise im sure Billy will fill in.

Head-to-head

• Everton have won the last four PremierLeague matches against Bolton at Goodison Park without conceding agoal. It is 370 minutes (six hours and ten minutes) since SteliosGiannakopoulos scored in a 4-0 victory for the Trotters in December 2005.

• The Toffees have won five of the last sixleague matches against Bolton with their onlydefeat coming last season when they lost 3-2 at the Reebok Stadium in October2009.

• Everton and Bolton Wanderers have met 147times. Everton have won 73 matches, Bolton 38 andthere have been 36 draws.

Everton

• Everton have lost only three of theirlast 22 Premier League matches.

• Only Chelsea (five) have let in fewer goals in theleague than the 10 Everton have so far conceded.

• Tim Cahill scored the 50th goal of hisPremier League career against Blackpool at theweekend and it was the 28th with his head.

Bolton

• Manager Owen Coyle scored for Boltonagainst Everton at Goodison Park in a 3-2 win for theTrotters in FA Cup third round replay victory in January 1994.

• Boltonhave failed to keep a clean sheet in the league since the opening day of theseason against Fulham. That is their only shut-out in their last 19 leaguegames.

• Boltonhave failed to win in any of their last nine visits to Merseyside and havefailed to score a goal in those matches. Their last victory in the city of Liverpool was 4-0 atEverton in December 2005.

• If selected, Kevin Davies will be makinghis 300th appearance for Bolton.

We have to grab all 3 points today, even ill predict this will be a tough one. bolton has been on good shape lately and even i thought before the season started that they will do better this year than last, they have been even better. Too bad not much of chance for seeing this game, no links anywhere :(

We have to grab all 3 points today, even ill predict this will be a tough one. bolton has been on good shape lately and even i thought before the season started that they will do better this year than last, they have been even better. Too bad not much of chance for seeing this game, no links anywhere :(

Fucking hundreds(exaggeration) for the Mancs game :angry:

Howard, Neville, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Arteta, Bilyaletdinov, Pienaar, Cahill, Fellaini, Saha.

Coleman, Heitinga & Yak out/benched....Bily, Felli & Saha in.

Not too impressed by this team. Dont think Bily or Saha deserve to be starting ahead of the players they have replaced. It will be interesting to see how they perform but I dont fancy our chances. For me a win depends on how fit Felli is, he will be the one who rescues possession and keeps the 2 bolton CFs quiet.