Simply have to win as mentioned.

My team would be similar to Matts:

----------Howard

Neville--Jags--Distin--Baines

---------Heitinga

Vic/Seamie--Rodwell/Bily--Pienaar

-------Cahill

--------------Yakubu

I would happily see any one of Rodwell, Bily, Pienaar or Cahill play in the two more attacking roles in the midfield. I would be most tempted to keep Cahill as the most further forward because he has been doing well.

I would definitely sub Saha and Arteta. Although if Arteta was played in a more attacking role then I would keep him there but dropping him wouldnt be a bad thing IMO.

We have the quality to beat West Brom, but the can also score goals and play well. If Yakubu starts we win, if Saha starts we lose.

Certainly not today it wouldn't have been!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was tempted to call it a night at 0-2 down... given it was already 2:30am... held on until 1-3.. got myself an extra 20mins sleep telling myself I'd wake up and see 3-3 or something in the morning..

To me, this is far more embarrassing than the season opener against Arsenal last season...

yeah cos saha has been so much better and beckford is really hammerin those chances away :rolleyes:

Ive already said that Saha is just as bad and that Beckford isnt ready.

The point Bailey made was that is was cut and dried that if Yak started we would win if Saha started we would lose. Well Yak started and we got stuffed!

The point Bailey made was that is was cut and dried that if Yak started we would win if Saha started we would lose. Well Yak started and we got stuffed!

it just seems you blame the yak for it all..mentionin how shit he is on nearly every thread he is mentioned on

now i've calmed down after all this..we played shit but were also very unlucky..they had 3 shots on target and scored 4...before that arteta thing if the ref had given that foul on baines which was blatant cos he almost had his head took off then it would have been us probably against 10 men with 35 minutes to go..instead we have 10 men and chase the game and concede two more goals cos of it..we fucked it up still by missing our chances but we were also very unlucky if you ask me..still not good enough but unlucky..

Edited by marcopaulo

lets start with the ref he was a disgrace..hes standing 5 yards away from baines getting a blatent elbow/but in the face and ignores it its a head injury if nothing else he must stop play by the rules of the game.no he carries on then a two footed tackle on artetta still no whistle but he does see artettas pathetic attempt to stamp on the player which he failed to do....moyes im not sure he knows what hes doing now...to play victor after one reserve team game is a disgrace...sorry but we all know victor is not good enough when fully fit...a right winger not in a million years...moyes needs to take a close look at himself and his tactics...and his after game interview blaming beckford for missing the chances..this is going to give the player confidance isnt it...at least beckford got into those positions with his pace if hes not given more game time he wont get his confidance back...he needs a run of games like the yak and saha have had and then judge him.

I agree that to publicly blame Beckford smacks of a manager making a bad decision. I am a huge Moyes fan and want him to stay, however starting to blame player in public is a slippery slope to losing the dressing room.

it just seems you blame the yak for it all..mentionin how shit he is on nearly every thread he is mentioned on

now i've calmed down after all this..we played shit but were also very unlucky..they had 3 shots on target and scored 4...before that arteta thing if the ref had given that foul on baines which was blatant cos he almost had his head took off then it would have been us probably against 10 men with 35 minutes to go..instead we have 10 men and chase the game and concede two more goals cos of it..we fucked it up still by missing our chances but we were also very unlucky if you ask me..still not good enough but unlucky..

That isnt strictly true, I said that all of our forwards are shit and that Yak is no better than the rest of them

lets start with the ref he was a disgrace..hes standing 5 yards away from baines getting a blatent elbow/but in the face and ignores it its a head injury if nothing else he must stop play by the rules of the game.no he carries on then a two footed tackle on artetta still no whistle but he does see artettas pathetic attempt to stamp on the player which he failed to do....moyes im not sure he knows what hes doing now...to play victor after one reserve team game is a disgrace...sorry but we all know victor is not good enough when fully fit...a right winger not in a million years...moyes needs to take a close look at himself and his tactics...and his after game interview blaming beckford for missing the chances..this is going to give the player confidance isnt it...at least beckford got into those positions with his pace if hes not given more game time he wont get his confidance back...he needs a run of games like the yak and saha have had and then judge him.

Beckford had a run of games at the begining of the season and he didnt do it then. Ask any Leeds fan what his finishing his like and they will tell you he always has needed five chances to score one. I agree that at least he is getting in positions to get chances, which is more than the other pair of clowns do, but we just have to accept he is not a clinical finisher

I dont think Moyse was blaming Beckford, he was asked a straight question and he answered it, what was he supposed to do, deny Beckford missed? I also thought you were way off the mark with Vic because he had a decent game and with the amount of reserve games we play these days ( they have only got 2 games between now and the end of February ) your point about him only playing one reserve game is a bit off. He sees him every day in training and if he thinks he is ready why not play him?

I am extemely hung over so I apologise in advance if this comes out scrambled (it usually does when I'm not hungover tbf!) or I'm just plain wrong.

I'm not even angry, I'm hurt, sad, deflated and I feel extremely let down. That feels so much worse than being angry. My anger tends to be shortlived but those feelings linger, and linger they have. Honestly? I'm falling out of love with football this season and to some extent Everton Football Club too. The board, the manager and the players are all responsible for that in their own "special" way, but I won't go into that here. I actually laughed when the third goal went in. Not because I found it funny tbh but because that goal in particular hit home just how pathetic we were yesterday.

That first-half performance was nothing short of embarrassing, the second half wasn't much better but at least we actually looked a tad threatening. In the first-half there was just nothing at all, no positives to pull out of the shambles like we've been able to do in other games this season. Where was the heart? Where was the passion? Where was the hunger to win? Why did we give them so much space? Why didn't we put any tackles in? It was all non-existent in all apart from Tim Cahill. He must have been standing there wondering what shite he's playing alongside this season. It was more of the same that we've been seeing all season - too fucking slow, no invention, defensive errors costing us bla bla bla. Only yesterday it was coupled with us not being able to pass the ball to a blue shirt successfully. Those players need to have a good, hard look at themselves this morning and ask themselves whether they're doing everything they can, leaving every drop of effort out on pitch after 90 minutes. As far as I'm concerned very few of them are putting in even 50% of effort for this club.

As bad as the players were yesterday Moyes was just as bad. Has he taken even an ounce of responsiblity for the shambles that we had to endure yesterday? Has he like fuck! I'm not surprised though because he's not that sort of man. But he needs to have a good look at himself in the mirror too because this is his team, these are his tactics and yesterday he got his team and tactics all wrong IMO. When I seen that Hibbert and Vic were both starting I thought WTF is he doing? Vic has been out for so long and has only had one reserve game under his belt so he was bound to be extremely rusty, and rusty he was (and knackered after a short period of time), so it made absolutely no sense to play him from the start. He'd have made an excellent impact sub. Not only that but then Moyes decides it'd be a good idea to switch him to the left. Moyes is a complete fool if he thinks playing a right-footed striker on the left-wing was a good idea. Bringing Hibbert in was a mistake as well I thought (although less of a mistake than starting Vic). The reason being he was never going to be match fit because he's been sat on the bench for weeks doing fuck all so he was going to be a bit rusty too, and he got slaughtered yesterday! This was a game we absolutely had to win, he should never have been bringing in players who were not going to be up to speed!

There is so much wrong with our side atm. Our centre-back pairing just is not working. As individuals Jags and Distin are great, but as a partnership they're awful and just do not work together. Jags has been the one who's let the defence down the most this season and he needs dropping. Put Heitinga back there in his place because he is no defensive midfielder. That would solve the shambles that is our midfield as well because that just isn't working either. The balance is all wrong. Upfront we have a midfielder who is putting our strikers to shame but I don't think it's helping that Moyes keeps changing who the main striker is week to week. And as frustrating as Beckford's misses were yesterday I can't be pissed off about them because strikers need to get in a groove. To do that they have to gets lots of playing time and Beckford's getting 35 minutes here, 20 minutes there and that's not the way he's going to go on a goalscoring run. That being said he can't start up there with Cahill because he needs a proper strike partner and that's not what Cahill is. So that begs the question why bring a striker in who doesn't fit into a system that Moyes won't change?

Moyes is paid a lot of money to make big decisions and right now he's making the decision of a coward and a shithouse. We have players who are woefully out of form but are starting week in week out. That's not good management surely? He should be dropping the likes of Jagielka and Arteta but he refuses. No player should have a divine right to be in the starting team, it doesn't matter who they are, the good of the team should come first. Earn your keep Moyes.

Howard - It looks bad when the opposition has only had 4 chances in the whole game and scored 4 goals, but I don't think he could have done anything about any of them?

Hibbert - They made mincemeat out of him. When is he going to learn that backing off and letting the winger run at you with pace is a bad idea? Tbf to him though he had no protection whatsoever from Vic and Pienaar when they were on his side of the pitch.

Jagielka - Awful, truly fucking awful. He gave the ball away countless times and for the first half I don't think he found a blue shrit once!

Distin - He had a couple of moments where I'd have liked to have throttled him but he looked world class next to Jags yesterday.

Baines - He played well without being spectacular for me. He wasn't helped by the fact he had little or no support from the wide midfielders that he played with. Vic was a terrible support player and Pienaar had often drifted into the middle of pitch.

Anichebe - He started off OK but like I already said he faded very quickly and he didn't help out the RB and LB at all. Should never have been starting though.

Arteta - The crab strikes again. The one good thing about him getting stupidly sent off is that now Moyes is forced not to play him. I hope whoever replaces him has a storming three games and Arteta actually has to earn his spot in the starting 11. What a great captains performance :rolleyes:.

Heitinga - Get him out of midfield. Now. He can do a job there but he's no defensive midfielder. Poor, poor game from Johnny.

Pienaar - I didn't think Pienaar played all that well yesterday, and particularly in the first-half. Certainly nowhere near as well as he's played in other games this season.

Cahill - The only player I thought really gave his all for us from start to finish. It's just a shame he's got so many donkeys around him right now. What are we going to do without his goals when he goes away with Australia? The dreaded R word could really come into play when he's gone. My MOTM.

Yakubu - Even though he didn't have much to work with he should have done far better with the scraps the midfield managed to provide him with, but he was very poor. Again though, he's a striker that needs to play, his levels will always drop when he hasn't been playing and that spell on the bench has obviously made him drop below where he'd got himself back to.

I am extemely hung over so I apologise in advance if this comes out scrambled (it usually does when I'm not hungover tbf!) or I'm just plain wrong.

I'm not even angry, I'm hurt, sad, deflated and I feel extremely let down. That feels so much worse than being angry. My anger tends to be shortlived but those feelings linger, and linger they have. Honestly? I'm falling out of love with football this season and to some extent Everton Football Club too. The board, the manager and the players are all responsible for that in their own "special" way, but I won't go into that here. I actually laughed when the third goal went in. Not because I found it funny tbh but because that goal in particular hit home just how pathetic we were yesterday.

That first-half performance was nothing short of embarrassing, the second half wasn't much better but at least we actually looked a tad threatening. In the first-half there was just nothing at all, no positives to pull out of the shambles like we've been able to do in other games this season. Where was the heart? Where was the passion? Where was the hunger to win? Why did we give them so much space? Why didn't we put any tackles in? It was all non-existent in all apart from Tim Cahill. He must have been standing there wondering what shite he's playing alongside this season. It was more of the same that we've been seeing all season - too fucking slow, no invention, defensive errors costing us bla bla bla. Only yesterday it was coupled with us not being able to pass the ball to a blue shirt successfully. Those players need to have a good, hard look at themselves this morning and ask themselves whether they're doing everything they can, leaving every drop of effort out on pitch after 90 minutes. As far as I'm concerned very few of them are putting in even 50% of effort for this club.

As bad as the players were yesterday Moyes was just as bad. Has he taken even an ounce of responsiblity for the shambles that we had to endure yesterday? Has he like fuck! I'm not surprised though because he's not that sort of man. But he needs to have a good look at himself in the mirror too because this is his team, these are his tactics and yesterday he got his team and tactics all wrong IMO. When I seen that Hibbert and Vic were both starting I thought WTF is he doing? Vic has been out for so long and has only had one reserve game under his belt so he was bound to be extremely rusty, and rusty he was (and knackered after a short period of time), so it made absolutely no sense to play him from the start. He'd have made an excellent impact sub. Not only that but then Moyes decides it'd be a good idea to switch him to the left. Moyes is a complete fool if he thinks playing a right-footed striker on the left-wing was a good idea. Bringing Hibbert in was a mistake as well I thought (although less of a mistake than starting Vic). The reason being he was never going to be match fit because he's been sat on the bench for weeks doing fuck all so he was going to be a bit rusty too, and he got slaughtered yesterday! This was a game we absolutely had to win, he should never have been bringing in players who were not going to be up to speed!

There is so much wrong with our side atm. Our centre-back pairing just is not working. As individuals Jags and Distin are great, but as a partnership they're awful and just do not work together. Jags has been the one who's let the defence down the most this season and he needs dropping. Put Heitinga back there in his place because he is no defensive midfielder. That would solve the shambles that is our midfield as well because that just isn't working either. The balance is all wrong. Upfront we have a midfielder who is putting our strikers to shame but I don't think it's helping that Moyes keeps changing who the main striker is week to week. And as frustrating as Beckford's misses were yesterday I can't be pissed off about them because strikers need to get in a groove. To do that they have to gets lots of playing time and Beckford's getting 35 minutes here, 20 minutes there and that's not the way he's going to go on a goalscoring run. That being said he can't start up there with Cahill because he needs a proper strike partner and that's not what Cahill is. So that begs the question why bring a striker in who doesn't fit into a system that Moyes won't change?

Moyes is paid a lot of money to make big decisions and right now he's making the decision of a coward and a shithouse. We have players who are woefully out of form but are starting week in week out. That's not good management surely? He should be dropping the likes of Jagielka and Arteta but he refuses. No player should have a divine right to be in the starting team, it doesn't matter who they are, the good of the team should come first. Earn your keep Moyes.

Howard - It looks bad when the opposition has only had 4 chances in the whole game and scored 4 goals, but I don't think he could have done anything about any of them?

Hibbert - They made mincemeat out of him. When is he going to learn that backing off and letting the winger run at you with pace is a bad idea? Tbf to him though he had no protection whatsoever from Vic and Pienaar when they were on his side of the pitch.

Jagielka - Awful, truly fucking awful. He gave the ball away countless times and for the first half I don't think he found a blue shrit once!

Distin - He had a couple of moments where I'd have liked to have throttled him but he looked world class next to Jags yesterday.

Baines - He played well without being spectacular for me. He wasn't helped by the fact he had little or no support from the wide midfielders that he played with. Vic was a terrible support player and Pienaar had often drifted into the middle of pitch.

Anichebe - He started off OK but like I already said he faded very quickly and he didn't help out the RB and LB at all. Should never have been starting though.

Arteta - The crab strikes again. The one good thing about him getting stupidly sent off is that now Moyes is forced not to play him. I hope whoever replaces him has a storming three games and Arteta actually has to earn his spot in the starting 11. What a great captains performance :rolleyes:.

Heitinga - Get him out of midfield. Now. He can do a job there but he's no defensive midfielder. Poor, poor game from Johnny.

Pienaar - I didn't think Pienaar played all that well yesterday, and particularly in the first-half. Certainly nowhere near as well as he's played in other games this season.

Cahill - The only player I thought really gave his all for us from start to finish. It's just a shame he's got so many donkeys around him right now. What are we going to do without his goals when he goes away with Australia? The dreaded R word could really come into play when he's gone. My MOTM.

Yakubu - Even though he didn't have much to work with he should have done far better with the scraps the midfield managed to provide him with, but he was very poor. Again though, he's a striker that needs to play, his levels will always drop when he hasn't been playing and that spell on the bench has obviously made him drop below where he'd got himself back to.

By far the best post I have read for many a year and certainly sums everything up right now and everything I could say is in there.

I can't believe this is practically the same team that hammered Liverpool just a few short weeks ago. Total embarrassment yesterday with no late goals to paper over the cracks. :mad:

Fucking abysmal would be the way i would describe that game. The ref, the tactics, the manager, the subs, and most of the players. We have reverted back to the shite we were playing in the first part of last season when we had only 10 fit players. No heart or fight whatsoever and they are probably the main reasons why I am so proud to support Everton. As Beard said, they were the qualitites we showed in abundance to beat Liverpool but yesterday only Cahill and Distin really looked like they cared. Like Romey I feel let down but I also feel incredibly pissed off and angry with such a pathetic performance from more or less everyone concerned. Whats worse is that when we went down, you didnt see the fire in anybodies eyes, they looked like sheep in the headlights, frightened by a promoted side that like to have a go. Last week was bad enough but this rivals the Benfica game for me, I dont want to be someone that shouts 'Moyes out' etc but in my eyes its about time he fucked off...

Howard did well enough, possibly could have done better with the free kick from brunt if Im being brutal.

Hibbert was shite. Looked lost, definitely one of the sheep in the headlights. Despite Colemans defensive frailties I would probably have chucked him in there in the hope that we would be causing more problems to them and not the other way round.

Jags was poor, not as bad as some have made out in my eyes. Poor markinf for the corner and too much long ball.

Distin was solid. Quite a turn around considering he was shocking early part of the season. Fair play to him.

Baines was okay. Didnt really get anything going down the flanks but in a couple of nice deliveries and finally a couple of good balls from corners.

Heitinga for me wasnt too bad. From what he was aksed to do, he did alright. It was the managers instructions that were wrong. There were several times int hat match when you see him squared up, marking whoever was playing RCM for West Brom. The problem with that is when Arteta is out of position, or gets beaten then he does come across and close the space, he stays with the guy he has been told to mark. As i said last week, he HAS to be playing directly in front of the back four shielding them from anyone dropping into the space between our midfield and defence. That is of course if he has to play in midfield. Should only be a CB for me.

Arteta was fucking disgraceful. How the fuck is he captain? Shows not heart, no desire and then fucking does something as stupid as that. At least he wont be playing for 3 games now, as sure as shit he will get straight back in the team no matter how well his replacement does.

Pienaar was probably as lifeless as I have seen him. Between him and Baines they received very little of the ball as most of it went long to Vic/Cahill. I think he tried to get involved but it just didnt happen.

Vic started brightly and showed he will be an asset to the team. Why he was starting though is a bit ridiculous as mentioned.

Cahill was better than the rest. He tried to get involved, it didnt always happen a bit like Pienaar, but he saw more of it, whether up front or in midfield. However it was his clumsy foul that led to the Brunt free kick.

Yakubu looked decent but never really got on the ball. With Pienaar not getting involved and nothing from anyone else the ball never really got to him. Having said that he had a couple of chances to try and get something on the ball but looked a bit clumsy and rusty. However when he got on the ball he looked much better than anyone else has. He also looked pissed off about being subbed and rightly so. Saha playing shit gets 70+mins and Yakubu receiving literally no service gets 55-55mins.

Beckford looked lively and got into good positions but should have scored a hattrick. There is something there as far as I am concerned but its how to consistently tap into which will be Moyes' task. West Brom at home could have been a good time to try out a Yakubu Beckford 442 in a quest to get goals and create opportunities. If he isnt going to set up with an aggressive attacking midfield then we will have to look at 2 up front.

Saha was very poor. I think he must have lost possession on every occasion he received the ball, and I dont think Im over-reacting...

Rodwell didnt really do much. However I would be tempted to start him and Fellaini together, but maybe not against Chelsea.

Moyes' should seriously start bucking up his ideas, otherwise it will cost us in a season when the sqaud has so much quality.

To be honest I wasnt expecting such a lack lustre performance from everyone and for Arteta to get sent off! I would like to claim extenuating circumstances! :P

Gag them all, please, I can't cope with any more of these retarded articles.

Phil, we lost because we were shite and WBA took their chances. A bit of honesty from the players and management wouldn't go amiss.

Its time Moyes's took time out to explain his tactics, cos for the life of me i've no fooking idea what he was playing at yesterday.

Arteta should be playing in the oppositions half with Pienaar, threading balls thru for our strikers, yesterday he was playing in front of the back 4 as a def midfielder and Heitinga was playing the more advanced role, and he cant even pass to himself never mind his own team mates.

As far as i could see Moyes played a 4-2-3-1 System with one of the three mids (Cahill) helping out the striker, they walked all over us becaus it was made so easy for them.

Where was Coleman, why is Arteta continually played so far away from the forwards, Annichebe is not a winger, Heitinga is not a midfielder, please explain yourself David.

We need to ship out and replace about 4 players in the january window, too many players look as tho they are just here for the ride.

Terribly disappointed cos my fears are being realised, we are in for a very poor season.

Its a pretty easy week this week, we don't have Arteta, so he can go back home and spend the lavish amount of cash we gave him and learn nothing. Get rid of Jags, and move Heitinga to where he was in the World Cup Final team - CD. Distin did well, he is probably the best player we have overall at the moment, his only problem is he is doing most of the work back there and the goals scored against Everton are scored against his will, whereas Jags looks like he doesn't care. Jags must think "Well, that's why I have a goalkeeper, isn't it?"

Show Tony Hibbert that we don't accept poor play and take him right off and put either Coleman back there (as this will get Coleman some time in the defensive role he needs to learn) or Mustafi, put some faith in the youth we bought.

Midfield, we get Fellaini back, so that is a positive. So start with Fellaini, Cahill, Pienaar and Rodwell - if Coleman is in the RB position then you can have Neville as a sub or substitute with an attacker as we need goals as this is what wins games.

The forwards I would start with Beckford and Yak. I would like to see how the youth of Everton would do, may be try Magaye and Anichebe or Baxter or Joao Silva.

This may seem like a very inexperienced team, but youth may be the better option against Chelsea as they will think they can take on the world, and no one except for Cahill, at the moment in the Blues thinks like this.

And I don't think Howard is up to standard at the moment either.

We need to ship out and replace about 4 players in the january window, too many players look as tho they are just here for the ride.

Terribly disappointed cos my fears are being realised, we are in for a very poor season.

ive been fighting you so far but honestly that performance has given me little ammo to fight you further. Its still a very tight league at the moment and theres plenty of time left but these performances are just sucking my belief away.

"...because Lee Mason saw the incident on the pitch and decided not to act."

Ridiculous law....there needs to be some flexibility in it.

I agree.

What I would also add is that if Lee Mason saw it and didnt act on what was a shocking challenge then he should be severley disciplined as well. It was a clear foul and red card and would have changed the game, yet I bet nothing of note will happen to the ref.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2010/12/cahill-apologises-to-fans/

Surprise, surprise it's Tim that's come out with a bit of honesty instead of the shite that Moyes, Neville, Jags, Arteta etc etc have put out there recently. The funny thing is, he's one of only two or three players that doesn't need to apologise!

Yeah i agree, he's been one of our better performers of late. He was pig sick after that game, walked off shaking his head and looking really pissed off.