IGNORED

Fund Raising

jcrawfor

We clearly need a couple new players; a striker, a proper winger and left back. We also clearly haven't the funds to buy boots for any of those players without selling off their old ones, much less the players themselves. What I'm interested to see what you guys think we could get for the following players, as I think they're clearly surplus to requirements.

Heitinga: Not playing, not going to play so long as Fellaini fit, love him to get a look in at CB, but Moyes isn't having it. Are Citeh still interested?

Bilyaletdinov: He wasn't worth the 9 mil we paid for him. He's had enough time to settle in now, and despite hoping this year he'd come good, he's not done enough with his time on the pitch to merit the wages. I hear some Arsenal fans rate him quite highly.

Saha: He's shit. Don't care what Moyes sees in training, I don't give a fuck if he tries real hard at Finch Farm, because Goodison is where it counts. Surely he could be sold to a smaller foreign club for a positive sum...

Yobo: Should have never been loaned. Sell him and spend the revenues. Any word on how his season has gone so far?

Anichebe: Sell him in Jan. Surely he must fetch 3-4mil.

Surely the sale of these 5, who are all good players, will raise enough funds to secure a two "marquis" signings. I'd like to see Landon Donovan and Darren Bent, those two would do us a lot of good. I hear Carlos Tevez is available as well, and he seems a decent guy who values a lot of things that make Everton the best club (based on his wholesale rejection of Manc practices).

My quess we be this:

Heitinga: 8 million

Bilyaletdinov: 5 million

Saha: 4 million

Yobo: 4 million

Anichebe: 3 million

24 million

As for Tevez salary of reported 275k a week i think he is way out of our league to be honest and that is excluding his asking price...

If we sold them all we would need at least a CB, winger and striker

Sell 5 to bring in 2? That doesn't strike me as a particularly good move! Although, Moyes does seem to like it when he doesn't have many options to choose from, because having options clearly doesn't suit him!

Normally I would agree, the only way I will say no lets do it is because we "should" have a few youth players that are ready to come through to the senior team that should be able to be used if required. Barkley - fingers crossed, Wallace, Duffy, Baxter, Silva, Gueye, Mustafi. In my opinion I would rather blood these in than use your Anichebe's, Billys, even Heitinga now. I would imagine even the likes of the raw Silva would offer more presence than Saha.

When we sold lescott we moaned about reducing the squad we now have a squad of half decent players and you want to sell them to bring in two. Suicide. selling Yobo and Heitinga would leave us two prem level CB's get your head out your backside and lets pool what resources we have to buy a decent right midfielder like donavon but not donavon. If piernar is off he needs replacing.

My frustration with moyes is not using the players he bought in we haven't seen Gueye this year when he should have been blooded he cost a million which was half our transfer budget.

IMO the best we can hope for in January:

Pienaar out <-> Kranjcar in - Full E/x

Vaughan out - £1m

Anichebe out - £2.5m

Donovan in (3 month loan)

I'd say Pienaar, Vaughan and Vic's wages would cover Kranjcars and Donovans so we'd have roughly £2m-£3m to spend. Doubt we'd see that spent, it might be saved for summer or used to pay for the recent long-term deals we signed. Yobo's a possible sale too.

My frustration with moyes is not using the players he bought in we haven't seen Gueye this year when he should have been blooded he cost a million which was half our transfer budget.

You're expecting a million pound player to just waltz into the first team?

I don't know what blooded means :unsure:

I don't know what blooded means :unsure:

Derives from hunting...

tr.v. blood·ed, blood·ing, bloods

1. To give (a hunting dog) its first taste of blood.

2. a. To subject (troops) to experience under fire: "The measure of an army is not known until it has been blooded" (Tom Clancy).

b. To initiate by subjecting to an unpleasant or difficult experience.

Substitute "player" for "troops."

I'm fairly certain that read 3 players to replace the 5.

One cb, one winger and one striker, no?

Which in terms of what we use right now means replacing 2 strikers who are 1st (Saha) and 4th (Anichebe) in the pecking order with someone who can hopefully challenge the Yak and Beckford for a starting berth. We'd replace one winger who gets thrown in at the 20-15 last mins of games and still looks as if he's played 2-3 years of constant footy. We'd replace a mercenary and a long term loyal servant in CB who won't get a sniff of first team football until one gets his heart back and the other loses his proneness to brainfarts.

I still think it's wishful thinking hoping for even 24 mil for that group but why not. I'm not saying we should sell them for less, I'm just saying not a lot of clubs spend that much on players who are quite apparently out of form or favor.

Looking at what we would get in return or be able to get in january I'm not sure I'd be that interested in selling anyone though..

I wouldn't sell Heitinga, he was absolutely class at CB last season and until he makes it known he wants out, hang on to him.

I think we have to face facts about Pienaar, the test now is how much we can negotiate for a player with 6 months left on his contract. I think if we got £8m for him we'd be lucky, and in all probability should have sold him last summer.

Yobo, yes, Saha, yes - although the fact that Moyes insists on playing Saha ahead of the Yak, even though its blatantly obvious to the rest of the world that the man is utter gash right now, suggests Davey boy isn't exactly in a rush to ship his bon ami out the door. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Yak go instead.

Bily, clearly never gonna make it, might get £7m for him from a Russian club?

I'd only sell Anichebe if there's truth in the rumours over his contract, and far from sell Vaughan, I'd recall him from his loan sharpish coz we need all the options up front we can get at moment. Beckford/Vaughan partnership up front, anyone? Pace and movement? I wonder how much Nugent is going for these days....

Say we sell Pienaar, Yobo, Yak and Bily for a combined fee of £24/25m - what would you go for? Personally I'd throw the kitchen sink at Eden Hazard or Marko Marin, but we could probably do with a striker too... Being more realistic, three out of Charlie Adam (I poo-pooed him when we were linked in summer, been impressed by him in Prem), David Bentley (surely Spurs are gonna get rid?), Charles N'Zogbia, Nikola Kalinic (risk maybe, not scored much in Prem, but looks talented and is in our price range) and Jelle Vossen would seem decent business to me.

When we sold lescott we moaned about reducing the squad we now have a squad of half decent players and you want to sell them to bring in two. Suicide. selling Yobo and Heitinga would leave us two prem level CB's get your head out your backside and lets pool what resources we have to buy a decent right midfielder like donavon but not donavon. If piernar is off he needs replacing.

I would agree at that time, as we had no youth coming through, Rodwell was and is still not a regular, however we now have some "promising" youth, that is the only way we will progress under the current board. We do not have the luxury of sending a Danny Wellbeck to Sunderland, we would be playing him, and at the moment he would be our best striker.

We need to send a message to players that we will not suffer highly paid bench warmers, if you ain't doing it for the first 11 and you are a supposed key player soert it or you will be sold.

We need to send a message to players that we will not suffer highly paid bench warmers, if you ain't doing it for the first 11 and you are a supposed key player soert it or you will be sold.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're expecting a radical change in Moyes' attitude then? Youth only gets a chance when we have an injury crisis, if our senior players are fit but playing absolute shite it doesn't make an ounce of difference.

I wouldn't sell Heitinga, he was absolutely class at CB last season and until he makes it known he wants out, hang on to him.

I think we have to face facts about Pienaar, the test now is how much we can negotiate for a player with 6 months left on his contract. I think if we got £8m for him we'd be lucky, and in all probability should have sold him last summer.

I wonder how much Nugent is going for these days....

8m for Pienaar?! Maybe in the summer but not a chance now.

Nugent in?! Please no!

8mil for pienaar in January!!! 4mil tops ... Hence the reason Moyes mentioned if we do sell him in Jan then he would only have enough for a loan signing...

All these names being through out here is a bit laughable, as if we would sell 4 - 5 players in January!! Have you seen the Jan transfer window these days... As tight as a ducks arse!

Yobo, yes, Saha, yes - although the fact that Moyes insists on playing Saha ahead of the Yak, even though its blatantly obvious to the rest of the world that the man is utter gash right now, suggests Davey boy isn't exactly in a rush to ship his bon ami out the door. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Yak go instead.

Bily, clearly never gonna make it, might get £7m for him from a Russian club?

I'd only sell Anichebe if there's truth in the rumours over his contract, and far from sell Vaughan, I'd recall him from his loan sharpish coz we need all the options up front we can get at moment. Beckford/Vaughan partnership up front, anyone? Pace and movement? I wonder how much Nugent is going for these days....

Say we sell Pienaar, Yobo, Yak and Bily for a combined fee of £24/25m - what would you go for? Personally I'd throw the kitchen sink at Eden Hazard or Marko Marin, but we could probably do with a striker too... Being more realistic, three out of Charlie Adam (I poo-pooed him when we were linked in summer, been impressed by him in Prem), David Bentley (surely Spurs are gonna get rid?), Charles N'Zogbia, Nikola Kalinic (risk maybe, not scored much in Prem, but looks talented and is in our price range) and Jelle Vossen would seem decent business to me.

I agree with a lot of this-ish...

Heitinga is world class yet some people seem to be blind to the fact he isnt playing in his best position. You take whoever you believe to be the best CB in the world and play his as a midfielder (not even a defensive midfielder might I add) and see how well he does. He will be shite, just like Heitinga has been. How the fuck people can forget how solid he was last year and how dominant he was just goes to show how fickle and stupid some people are.

We wont get much for Pienaar but reports are suggesting a couple of million plus a player which would be a great deal. I dont expect it though.

Id still be tempted to keep Bily and give him some game time. At the end of the day he might not work as hard as Pienaar and he clearly isnt that confident but he probably scored as many last season as Pienaar has ever scored for us, plus he probably got as many assists as a bit part player. I think he is worth the risk, at least for a while, especially when Cahill buggers off to the Asia cup.

I agree with the Vic, JV comments but please no not nugent. Im hoping thats tongue in cheek!

If you sold Yobo & Saha you may get 10million if your lucky (could also include any extra money for the Pienaar deal). Who would we get in for that? No-one decent is the answer. Maybe look at the winger at Wolves (prob 5mil?), Donovan loan fee (1mil), and I cant really think of anyone else who would improve us for 4mil...

Heitinga is world class yet some people seem to be blind to the fact he isnt playing in his best position. You take whoever you believe to be the best CB in the world and play his as a midfielder (not even a defensive midfielder might I add) and see how well he does. He will be shite, just like Heitinga has been. How the fuck people can forget how solid he was last year and how dominant he was just goes to show how fickle and stupid some people are.

Absolutely...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/20487-johnny-heitinga/page__p__204593__hl__heitinga__fromsearch__1#entry204593

I didn't intend to say Heitinga was not good enough, he is clearly better than the two we are playing atm. However, my view of who is best is irrelevant when I'm not picking the team every match. If Moyes isn't going to play Johnny, he needs to be sold. We simply can't afford his wages if he is going to sit on the bench as cover for Distin and Jags or be played out of position. I made my suggestions on the assumption that Moyes stays our manager and continues in his tired ways. I also didn't mean to suggest that all this business is necessarily done in Jan, we would probably be better off doing the bulk of it in the summer.

I would agree at that time, as we had no youth coming through, Rodwell was and is still not a regular, however we now have some "promising" youth, that is the only way we will progress under the current board. We do not have the luxury of sending a Danny Wellbeck to Sunderland, we would be playing him, and at the moment he would be our best striker.

We could get Vaughan back, and at least give him a shot (Although that is unlikely to be successful). We should also consider trying Gueye, I mean, he can't do any worse than Saha, and I don't think Yakubu will ever get back to the form he was in a few years ago.

Question: What is the status on Jose Baxter? is he ready to get some first team time? He primarily plays Center Forward right?

We could get Vaughan back, and at least give him a shot (Although that is unlikely to be successful). We should also consider trying Gueye, I mean, he can't do any worse than Saha, and I don't think Yakubu will ever get back to the form he was in a few years ago.

Question: What is the status on Jose Baxter? is he ready to get some first team time? He primarily plays Center Forward right?

He does, tidy player, quick and good feet, just a bit lacking in his physical maturity at the moment. However surely it should be only a matter of time, we hope.

Regardless, we should seriously be hoping that one or more of our young hopefuls make the step up in the near future. We certainly could do with a young upstart ruffling some feathers amongst the senior players.

He does, tidy player, quick and good feet, just a bit lacking in his physical maturity at the moment. However surely it should be only a matter of time, we hope.

Regardless, we should seriously be hoping that one or more of our young hopefuls make the step up in the near future. We certainly could do with a young upstart ruffling some feathers amongst the senior players.

I know I must sound like a total idiot, asking all of these questions (Sorry, I've only been a fan since January, so I haven't seen as much of the reserve players and non-regular 1st teamers), but what about Kieran Agard? I imagine Joao Silva isn't ready for the Premiership yet, as it's obviously a light years jump from the 2nd Portuguese division to the Premier League.

So our Forwards look like this:

Saha- Crap, Lazy, and has played horribly (Not to mention that he's injury prone)

Yakubu- hasn't gotten back into his old form, and has been incredibly lazy and ineffective

Jermaine Beckford- still getting used to the Premiership, hasn't learned to use his head or pass the ball

Victor Anichebe- Injury prone, ineffective, asshole who thinks he's worth more than he really is

James Vaughan- Injury prone, has been ineffective when he DOES get time, Moyes has lost faith in him and favored Anichebe over him as the third striker before this season

Magaye Gueye- Still needs time to develop into a Premier League player?

Joao Silva- Same as above, but even more development needed?

Kieran Agard- I haven't seen him play, the most I've seen of him has been when I've played with him on FIFA.

Jose Baxter- supposed to have really good potential, but needs more time

Please correct anything above, I'm just trying to become more knowledgeable about each individual player.

I agree with a lot of this-ish...

We wont get much for Pienaar but reports are suggesting a couple of million plus a player which would be a great deal. I dont expect it though.

Id still be tempted to keep Bily and give him some game time. At the end of the day he might not work as hard as Pienaar and he clearly isnt that confident but he probably scored as many last season as Pienaar has ever scored for us, plus he probably got as many assists as a bit part player. I think he is worth the risk, at least for a while, especially when Cahill buggers off to the Asia cup.

I agree with the Vic, JV comments but please no not nugent. Im hoping thats tongue in cheek!

If you sold Yobo & Saha you may get 10million if your lucky (could also include any extra money for the Pienaar deal). Who would we get in for that? No-one decent is the answer. Maybe look at the winger at Wolves (prob 5mil?), Donovan loan fee (1mil), and I cant really think of anyone else who would improve us for 4mil...

Spot on, every word.

If Baxter makes it at Everton I'd be very shocked.

I'm probably in the minority of one but I don't think Donovan is worth pursuing on loan. His reputation has snowballed and has reached cult status. I think people are expecting too much of him. If it's a permanent transfer then we may get three years out of him at his peak and I would take him but it seems a waste of vital resources as the loan fee could be spent to help bring in a permanent acquisition.

I'm probably in the minority of one but I don't think Donovan is worth pursuing on loan. His reputation has snowballed and has reached cult status. I think people are expecting too much of him. If it's a permanent transfer then we may get three years out of him at his peak and I would take him but it seems a waste of vital resources as the loan fee could be spent to help bring in a permanent acquisition.

i had been thinking the same Louis, but a loan spell would be better than nothing and at the moment we need something positive to happen. Plus, imagine how much Coleman could learn from him! I agree that we should be looking at a permanent switch but its just not going to happen. Also agree he has acquired cult status, and far too easily in my opinion. Im a bit nervous that he wouldnt live up to it but then again, imagine that he does? Thats well worth it for gamble for me.

As for any permanent acquisitions for around the same value as the loan fee, I imagine we would only be looking at talented youngsters (of which we have so many) who would then sit in the reserves....

I'm with you tbh Louis. Having a player for a few months of the season is crap, we need someone who is going to be here for the long haul so we're not chopping and changing the side.

Just to clear things up - yeah I was taking the piss about Nugent :D

Maybe I'm an optimist but i still think we could get a decentish fee for Pienaar. He's very highly regarded and if there's a rush of clubs after his signature, one might be prepared to stick their neck out and pay a decent fee in January to trump the rest.

If Baxter makes it at Everton I'd be very shocked.

To be honest looking at the last posts about him, it was about 6 months ago and we all agreed that the one area that needs sorting out id his physique. I would guess that he is still work in progress and Moyes is reluctant to risk damaging him so early in his career.

You do read the odd snippet about a thunderbolt scored here and there for the reserves so let's wait and see, that goal scored against forest showed skill and technique of the highest level.

I was gonna throw Oscar Wendt out there for a replacement left sided player, he's been utter class in the Champions League but for FC Köpenhamn so shouldn't cost that much. You'd lose the flair of Peanuts but he's an even harder worker with good crossing who could provide cover for Baines as well as tracking back in a left winger position.

Then reading through some gossip I noticed Stoke were supposed to put in a 2 mil bid for Seb Larsson at Birmingham since his contract ends this summer (seems to be a lot of that going around). He's a hard worker as well, with good crossing and is vital at set pieces. Seems a bit full of himself with contract negotiations at Birmingham but worth a shout? He'd provide some security if Moyes ever feels like trying Coleman in a right back capacity in the same way as Wendt down the left.

But with the luck this club has had with Swedish players, at least since Limpar, I'll just pipe down for now..