IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

£388....cost me virtually nothing last year so I suppose I was due one :dry:.

Having agreed to the quote of £388 I went round to collect it just now. They said, "It didn't takes us quite as long as we thought it would."

So it was £356. No way they had to do that....restores your faith in human nature.

TV licenses. People in the US find it very amusing that detector vans drive around in Britain seeking out those without a license.

Haven't seen one of those in thirty years....I'd have thought they'd be obsolete now anyway given the way people watch TV.

Having agreed to the quote of £388 I went round to collect it just now. They said, "It didn't takes us quite as long as we thought it would."

So it was £356. No way they had to do that....restores your faith in human nature.

Haven't seen one of those in thirty years....I'd have thought they'd be obsolete now anyway given the way people watch TV.

always nice to hear there are still some decent folk about

I haven't lived in the country for 27 years, so it may well be true. But, for TonkaRoost's benefits, here's what they looked like! Once, we moved house from one part of Britain to another, and we had a knock on the door the very first night at 10pm. The local detector van had driven by, and the driver could find no record of us having a license. We were given a warning (funny!) and told to update our license address immediately. Oh the power of the government and of the BBC (who, of course, are funded by these license fees).

tv-detector-van.jpg?w=1000

I thought license vehicles were obselete years ago also.

Thing is, it's around £140 for an annual license now, so what's to stop anyone from affording one, and furthermore, there is so much unmitigated fucking shit on television as a whole now, they should just scrap them altogether or make them free to own. Damn insulting when you have to pay a fee each year, when all that's on is garbage. No surprise that so many people decide to take a chance with things.

Belligerent individuals - I won't call them Idiots - also caused significant irritation tonight, but then again, not worth the fucking argument.

The only run I make, is for nachos.

Not so light on my feet anymore, and a heavy smoker with it, but you often see people jogging along or taking a run, and you think to yourself, "what's the fucking point". If I want to keep in shape, I'll re-join at a fitness center, but they're damned expensive these days.

I don't mind the rain though - would have thrived off that. Always in favor of adverse weather conditions.

I just had a DOH! moment, the binmen come tomorrow for garden rubbish.

SO, I went out back and picked up two bags of rubbish from outside and instead of taking them around the side of the house I carried them through the house. redface.png

In the lounge a twig stuck out caught on the chair .... and tore the bag open. Then the bottom of the second bag fell out. The carpet was covered in half decayed leaves, twigs, snails and other assorted rubbish. eek.png

OH Bugga frown.png

SO, I went out back and picked up two bags of rubbish from outside and instead of taking them around the side of the house I carried them through the house. redface.png

In the lounge a twig stuck out caught on the chair .... and tore the bag open. Then the bottom of the second bag fell out. The carpet was covered in half decayed leaves, twigs, snails and other assorted rubbish. eek.png

OH Bugga frown.png

:rofl:

This site just crashed a few moments ago, guess I got a little irritated.

Fucking gambling got me angry today, not for the first time - or the last. Damn irritated when other people get a win and all you can do is watch your own money go to waste. If I had any sense, I wouldn't damn well do it - but got no fucking sense. Thought I'd put all that behind me, a year or two ago.

There was some music played in a superstore recently that I took offense to incidentally. I go to buy products, not listen to some awful garbage you insist is necessary.

OH Bugga frown.png

Definitely voted this up.... You've made my night :lol:

Kind of sorry to hear of that. Maybe puts any maladies we may experience into perspective. Been a few around here with health issues in recent weeks so hope it's not contagious, but are in reasonable health. Been on antibiotics before and they're not always a solution but hope it makes a difference this time and your general health improves. Reading again, sounds a little nasty so genuinely hope you can make a full recovery on that.