IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Good point. I just can't see it though. A lot of Republicans are distancing themselves from him. He doesn't have full backing from the party, which is a pretty big deal.

Anecdotal, I know, but young people I know in the Atlanta area are beginning to gravitate to Gary Johnson, one of the third-party candidates. It will be interesting to see whether this is a real trend.

Anecdotal, I know, but young people I know in the Atlanta area are beginning to gravitate to Gary Johnson, one of the third-party candidates. It will be interesting to see whether this is a real trend.

Yeah, I've been seeing that too. He seems to have moderate views for the most part -- socially liberal in a lot of areas but also more on the fiscally conservative side. I don't agree with everything he says, but I'm starting to think he's a better option than Hillary or Trump the more I read up on him.

The problem is that he has no shot whatsoever of winning due to so little exposure, so it's hard to really pay attention to him. I wish the debates would include him and Jill Stein.

Got a hospital appointment coming up so I put in for a day's holiday. We are supposed to apply for holidays etc at least two weeks in advance. I applied four weeks in advance to be sure. (I am good that way) I put a note in with the application that it was for medical reasons. We have little or no work to do just now as it is all in South Wales.

Guess what.... the bastards have knocked it back on me. Well fuck them I am going to the hospital anyway and if the company want to play silly bastards I will take legal action on them. CUNTS (yeah I don't usually say that on here or even out loud but it is mild to what I said in work tonight..... SORRY for letting my irritation show guys)

Got a hospital appointment coming up so I put in for a day's holiday. We are supposed to apply for holidays etc at least two weeks in advance. I applied four weeks in advance to be sure. (I am good that way) I put a note in with the application that it was for medical reasons. We have little or no work to do just now as it is all in South Wales.

Guess what.... the bastards have knocked it back on me. Well fuck them I am going to the hospital anyway and if the company want to play silly bastards I will take legal action on them. CUNTS (yeah I don't usually say that on here or even out loud but it is mild to what I said in work tonight..... SORRY for letting my irritation show guys)

Sorry to hear about that. Time to move back to the mainland lol?

No need to apologise, Rubes. I'd take a sick day; you can't give any real notice and you can get a note from the appointment, thus saving a vacation day ;)

Really irritated by someone I know. Apparently he doesn't see the irony of making blanket statements and then saying "it's my opinion" to justify it when complaining about Trump...

Deep fat fryers...... bloody things, just as you get used to using them they break and put oil all over the kitchen floor. Right before going to work I had a kitchen floor like a bloody icerink.

I had to crawl out of the kitchen on my hands and knees today.

You are a walking (sometimes crawling) accident black spot Rubes, I don't think I'll ever risk crossing the Menai bridge just to keep myself safe.

Hate everything about them...static ones piss me off more

Staying in one at the end of September with the little dude.

It's been given to us for nothing, for a week and (previously been) it's lovely. Got a pretty private beach just a short walk away. Ideal.

LOVE the sound of rain on caravans/statics at night but if you have rain during the day, you're scuppered. Good weather or nothing.

People, mainly young but of all ages really, walking around constantly using their mobile phone.

It's at pandemic levels out here in the Far East, almost as though everyone has an additional permanent electronic appendage 18" in front of their face. Getting through crowds is a nightmare, almost like zombies.

People, mainly young but of all ages really, walking around constantly using their mobile phone.

It's at pandemic levels out here in the Far East, almost as though everyone has an additional permanent electronic appendage 18" in front of their face. Getting through crowds is a nightmare, almost like zombies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36153741/german-city-puts-traffic-lights-on-pavements-for-smartphone-users

Trip them up

There are so many participating in this behaviour that I wouldn't know where to start, and the reality is that I'm tripping most of the time as its literally quite easy not to see some of the smaller people when you're looking for signposts, MRT platforms etc. Have almost had to leapfrog one or two that I've not seen until almost too late.

I do recall that article but from experience out in Germany in fairly recent times I've not found it any worse than the UK or USA. Singapore is far, far worse, Malaysian cities slightly less so but still eye-opening in terms of how widespread the 'issue' is.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hate the weaknesses you develope as you age or suffer illness. I now need more surgery to try to prevent me going blind. Fuck fuck fuck

Rubes, I need a new left knee. Had the right one done a few years ago but I can't face the hassle of three or four months when you are effectively an invalid. So I'm living with it. However, if it was my eyes, I would not hesitate to have it done asap. I sympathise as I know its a major hassle but just keep telling yourself how important it is. Best wishes mate.

Rubes, I need a new left knee. Had the right one done a few years ago but I can't face the hassle of three or four months when you are effectively an invalid. So I'm living with it. However, if it was my eyes, I would not hesitate to have it done asap. I sympathise as I know its a major hassle but just keep telling yourself how important it is. Best wishes mate.

Thanks John. I am not worried as I trust the hospital I go to. Just pissed off with it. Living in the sticks with a job I need my sight for is a real pain.

• 3 weeks later...